About This File
The Maritimes Collection - Crystal Cliffs Farm.
Inspired by an 1800s farm down the road from where I live called Crystal Cliffs, Antigonish County, Nova Scotia. The name comes from the gypsum that makes up the cliffs, which erodes out and covers the beach in 'crystals'.
Introducing the next installment of the Maritimes collection, Crystal Cliffs Farms.
- The main pieces of this set is a large, 11000 capacity general storage barn. It comes in 3 F-variants, red, white, and gray. The barn overhangs, so that it can be placed above either of the following two buildings that will make the stone foundation...
- Crystal Milk Pen. A large milk pen, capable of employing up to 3 farmers. Needs domesticated animals to build and produces milk at a decent rate. Acts as a stand alone building or as the foundation for the Crystal Barn...
- Crystal Stable. A large stable, capable of employing up to 3 farmers. Produces domesticated animals from various grains. Acts as a stand alone building or as the foundation for the Crystal Barn.
- Chicken Hutch. A small back yard (1x1) chicken hutch than produces a steady supply of eggs and feathers. Needs domesticated animals to build. Comes in 3 F-variants, yellow, red, and brown.
- Goat Pen. A small back yard (2x2) goat pen than produces a steady supply of goats milk and wool. Needs domesticated animals to build. Comes in 2 F-variants, blue and brown.
- A decorative goat! Ghosted, 2 F-variants, straight and diagonal.
- 3 sets of Decorative Fences. Ghosted, red, brown, and white. Each has 4 F-variants, 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, and a 1x1 gate.
- New materials (to the vanilla game) including feathers, lumber** and domesticated animal.
- New foods (to the vanilla game) including milk, goat's milk, eggs, barley**, and oats**.
- Resources marked ** are trade only unless used with another mod that introduces ways to produce them.
- Compiled using Banished Mod Kit 107 Beta including the new resource flags and limits.
- Compiled using the new Community Mod Tool Bar.
A new toolbar icon will appear on your main toolbar. This is a community tool bar space, within which future releases from all modders can have their own menu. Within this toolbar, you will see the Maple Leave icon - this is my little corner of Banished... Welcome! And Enjoy your stay!
Note - All Maritimes modular sets will be able to be used completely independently of each other, you don't need one to run the others. It may be safe to run the most recently released set above the rest.
There are a few compatibility issues to note...
Maritimes.pkm - Incompatible! Do not use with the full Maritimes mod. Only modular versions.
Colonial Charter - Compatible with the newest edition of CC!
Modular Maritimes Sets - Compatible! You will get red warnings, ignore them.
All other mods are compatible that I know of!
None of my mods would be possible without the help, support, and general amazing nature of the Black Liquid Crew.
This includes especially @ShockPuppet for modeling help and @kralyerg for super coding magic.
Thanks also go to @Discrepancy for his awesome intro to modding tutorial, and @RedKetchup for modeling and coding help throughout, and of course the toolbar!
Thanks also go out to all who have participated in the development thread with comments, suggestions, and beta testing. There are too many to name individually, and I'm worried about missing people out. So here's to you!
What's New in Version 101 See changelog
Crystal Cliffs V101 - Change Log
New Items - Brown, Red, and White Fence Sets - Each colour has been added to, introducing a diagonal piece, and some gate options. Each colour fence set now has an individual tool bar submenu, and each fence piece now has an individual tool bar button. This means no more scrolling through F-variants to construct fences.
Squished Bug - Lumber - An incorrect storage flag for lumber has been corrected. This should hopefully help prevent crashing.
Squished Bug - Domesticated Animal - Storage flag for domesticated animal has been changed to Misc (Custom7) to be compatible with CC.
Squished Bug - Stable - Limit for the stable has been changed to Misc (Custom7) to be compatible with CC.
Model Improvement - Goat Pen - The goat pen texture has been made larger so it looks better in game.
Model Improvement - Hutch - The hutch texture has been made larger so it looks better in game.
Model Improvement - Barn - An inside wall has been added to the underside of the barn to prevent seeing through.
Model Improvement - Stable and Milk Pen - A door has been built into the back of the stable and milk pen to represent the full walk through of the building.
Model Improvement - Goat - The goat has some smooth shades.
UI Update - Building UI - All production building UIs have been updated to include an inventory.
UI Update - Building UI - All building UIs have been updated to improve layout.
Core File Update - Toolbar - Maritimes toolbars have been updated to accomodate future additions and improve organisation.
Core File Update - Traders - Trade files have been updated to revert to vanilla traders.
This update needs to be placed ABOVE any maritimes mods which were released prior to today, due to toolbar changes.
This update is save game compatible, however you will get some super funky textures, so probably best that you re-build any Crystal Cliffs buildings that you have.