About This File
Updated to Version 102 - 8th May 2017.
The Maritimes Collection - Crystal Cliffs Farm version 102
Inspired by an 1800s farm down the road from where I live called Crystal Cliffs, Antigonish County, Nova Scotia. The name comes from the gypsum that makes up the cliffs, which erodes out and covers the beach in 'crystals'.
Introducing Crystal Cliffs Farms.
- The main pieces of this set is a large, 11000 capacity general storage barn. It comes in 3 F-variants, red, white, and gray. The barn overhangs, so that it can be placed above either of the following two buildings that will make the stone foundation.
- Crystal Milk Pen. A large milk pen, capable of employing up to 3 farmers. Needs domesticated animals to build and corn to feed the cows. Produces milk at a decent rate. Acts as a stand alone building or as the foundation for the Crystal Barn.
- Crystal Stable. A large stable, capable of employing up to 3 farmers. Produces domesticated animals from various grains (corn, barley, wheat, oats). Acts as a stand alone building or as the foundation for the Crystal Barn.
- Small Animal Hutch. A small back yard (1x1) animal hutch. A drop down menu allows you to select from either Eggs (chickens) or Pelts (rabbits). Needs domesticated animals to build and corn to feed the animals. Comes in 3 F-variants, yellow, red, and brown.
- Small Animal Pen. A small back yard (2x2) animal pen. A drop down menu allows you to select from either Milk (goats) or wool (sheep). Needs domesticated animals to build and corn to feed the animals. Comes in 2 F-variants, blue and brown.
- A decorative goat! Ghosted, 2 F-variants, straight and diagonal.
- 3 sets of Decorative Fences. Ghosted, red, brown, and white. Each colour has its own sub-menu and includes a 1x1, 1x2, 1x3 straight pieces, a diagonal piece, a style, a small gate, a 1x1 farm gate, and a 1x2 farm gate.
- New materials (to the vanilla game) including feathers, lumber** and domesticated animal.
- New foods (to the vanilla game) including milk, goat's milk, eggs, barley**, and oats**.
- Resources marked ** are trade only unless used with another mod that introduces ways to produce them.
- Compiled using Banished Mod Kit 107 Beta including the new resource flags and limits.
- Compiled using the new Community Mod Tool Bar.
A new toolbar icon will appear on your main toolbar. This is a community tool bar space, within which future releases from all modders can have their own menu. Within this toolbar, you will see the Maple Leave icon - this is my little corner of Banished... Welcome! And Enjoy your stay!
Note - All Maritimes modular sets will be able to be used completely independently of each other, you don't need one to run the others. It may be safe to run the most recently released set above the rest.
Maritimes.pkm - Incompatible! Do not use with the full Maritimes mod. Only modular versions.
Colonial Charter - Compatible with the newest edition of CC!
Modular Maritimes Sets - Compatible! You will get red warnings, ignore them.
All other mods are compatible that I know of!
None of my mods would be possible without the help, support, and general amazing nature of the Black Liquid Crew.
This includes especially @ShockPuppet for modeling help and @kralyerg for super coding magic.
Thanks also go to @Discrepancy for his awesome intro to modding tutorial, and @RedKetchup for modeling and coding help throughout, and of course the toolbar!
Thanks also go out to all who have participated in the development thread with comments, suggestions, and beta testing. There are too many to name individually, and I'm worried about missing people out. So here's to you!
Alternative Download Link for V102 Coming Shortly
What's New in Version 102 See changelog
Crystal Cliffs V102 - Change Log
Balancing - Domesticated Animal and Stables - The amount of grain needed to produce a domesticated animal has been decreased to 200. This gives each Domesticated Animal a positive trade gain of 50.
Balancing - Domesticated Animal - The high/low create of Domesticated Animal has been changed to 1-1 so it makes no difference if the worker is educated or not. Otherwise, an educated worker would have produced 2 animals per 200 oats, an increase of 300 trade value which is too powerful.
Balancing - Feed for all animals - Corn has been introduced as a feed for all animal pens/hutches. The amount of corn needed depends on the product being produced.
Balancing - Crystal Goats Pen - The goats pen has been changed to a 'Small Animal Pen'. Instead of producing random goats milk and wool, it now produces your choice of 'Goats Milk' or 'Sheep Wool'. Note - 'Goats Milk' is the same as the goats milk resource added in previous versions of this mod and will show up as 'Goats Milk' in your inventory. 'Sheep Wool' is the same as the the vanilla wool resource and will show up as 'Wool' in your inventory. The pen comes empty, so use ghost animal decorations to represent the output that you chose.
Balancing - Crystal Chicken Hutch - The hutch has been changed to a 'Small Animal Hutch'. Instead of producing random eggs and feathers, it now produces your choice of 'Chicken Eggs' or 'Rabbit Fur'. Note - 'Chicken Eggs' is the produces the same as the generic egg resource added in the previous version of this mod and will show up as 'Eggs' in your inventory. 'Rabbit Fur' is the same as the generic fur resource introduced in the Maritimes Pine Set (you don't need the pine set for it to work) and will show up as 'Fur' in your inventory. The hutch comes empty, so use ghost animal decorations to represent the output that you chose.
Balancing - Crystal Milk Pen - The milk pen now requres corn to produce 'Cows Milk'. Note - 'Cows Milk' is the same as the milk resource introduced in previous versions of this mod, and will appear as 'Milk' in your inventory.
Balancing - Crystal Barn - Capacity increased from 11,000 units to 15,000 units.
Core Files Fix- All Core Files - All core files have been updated to the most up to date version.
Texture Files Fix - All Texture Files - All texture file names have been changed to include the prefix 'NEC' to prevent possible compatibility issues. All files have also been optimized for reduced file size and increased performance.
Raw Materials Improvements - All Raw Materials - All raw materials have been given an over haul with new models, textures, and sprites to make everything just look better.