About This File
Updated to Version 105 - September 28th 2017
The Maritimes Collection - The Pine Set V105
I started making this set because I had a need for certain forestry resources, so wanted to make the forest centers to get them. I also wanted to add a bit more maritimes diversity to what can be gained from the forest. Rather quickly, this snowballed into a large set as with the more buildings and chains I added, I figured I had may as well do other things too so that it is more complete.
This set took a lot of time an effort, far too much perhaps. There are chains and buildings that I really like, and others which on hindsight could do with being improved. It also diverted away from other Maritimes sets, in that there was no real inspiration from Maritimes areas to make most of this set. I have learnt a lot, the limits of the mod kit, my limits as a modder, and have developed some interesting techniques and mechanisms, some that work, some that don't so much.
With that being said, this is the last update I will be making to the Pine Set, apart from any necessary bug fixes or balancing changes. I will continue supporting it in terms of making sure it is still compatible with other sets, but any improvements to chains will come as seperate stand alones, back in more of the Maritimes theme I've been trying to create.
Introducing the biggest (so far) installment of the Maritimes collection, the Pine Set.
- Small prodution buildings including blacksmiths, tailors, looms, spinners, and lumber cutters. All small, all slow, all with 2 F-variants, one colour and one wood.
- New forestry production chains including a turpentine still and a pine pitch kiln.
- New storage options including some small food cellars, barns, and material storage.
- New forestry lots. 3 1x1 forester towers, one vanilla, one with a new maple tree set consisting of maple trees, aspens, apples, and oaks, and one with a new pine tree set, including fir, spruce, and white pine.
- New gatherer and forager resources... see the read me in the first reply to this topic below for more details.
- New fur trapper and skinner... see the read me in the first reply to this topic below for more details.
- New foods (to vanilla game) including Game (meat), eggs, cranberries, maple syrup, and more.
- New alcohol (to vanilla game) including cider and maple whiskey.
- New materials (to the vanilla game) including feathers, lumber, hemp, flax, pine boughs, pine resin, turpentine, pitch, charcoal, and more!
- New fabrics (to the vanilla game) including linen, canvas, yarn, and twine.
- New civic buildings including church, school, town hall (all with F-variants) and a hospital.
- New housing including an up-gradable cabin in wood and colour versions, and an up-gradable lodge. More housing will be added in the future.
- And probably a load of other things I forgot about! When I remember, I'll add them.
- Compiled using Banished Mod Kit 107 Beta including the new resource flags and limits.
- Compiled using the new Community Mod Tool Bar.
A new toolbar icon will appear on your main toolbar. This is a community tool bar space within which future releases from all modders can have their own menu.
Within this new toolbar, you will see the Maple Leaf icon - this is my little corner of Banished... Welcome! And Enjoy your stay!
Note, all Maritimes modular sets will be able to be used completely independently of each other, you don't need one to run the others (although, in some cases it will be beneficial ). It would probably be safe to run the most recently released mod above the rest.
I have tried to make this set fully compatible with all other mods. There are, however, a couple of points that I just could not solve. They are listed below...
Charcoal and Colonial Charter Part 1 = This is an interesting one. Due to CC charcoal being linked to the brick making facilities, the high:low produce values are astronomical, from a comparitively tiny amount of logs. Therefore, if you use the Pine Set above CC, the output of charcoal from CC buildings will most likely be very low. It, on the other hand, you use CC above the Pine Set, the output of charcoal from Pine Set buildings will be very high. You have been warned
Charcoal and Colonial Charter Part 2 = Another difference is that in CC, charcoal is a fuel, where as in the Maritimes, charcoal is an industrial fuel as I don't want it used in houses. So if you want charcoal to be burned in your houses, put CC above the Pine Set. Otherwise, it doesn't matter.
New Flora = In order to use both New Flora and the Pine Set, you need to use the Flax Patch and New Pine Flora patch. Put these two, and New Flora, above the Pine Set in your load order.
Modular Maritimes Sets - Compatible! You will get red warnings in your mod list - ignore them. This set does not need the Maritimes Tree mod as it is included.
All other mods - Compatible! I don't know of any instances where this will not work.
None of my mods would be possible without the help, support, and general amazing nature of the Black Liquid Crew.
This includes especially @ShockPuppet for modeling help and @Kralyerg for super coding magic.
Thanks also go to @Discrepancy for his awesome intro to modding tutorial, and @Ketchup for modeling and coding help throughout, and of course the toolbar!
Thanks also go out to all who have participated in the development thread with comments, suggestions, and beta testing. There are too many to name individually, and I'm worried about missing people out. So here's to you!
What's New in Version 105 See changelog
Pine Set - Version 105 Change Log - September 28th 2017
Version 105 represents a balancing act. I have modified numbers relating to the spawning of natural resources to make it not quite as difficult to achieve these under play conditions - let me know how it works.
I have also tidied up menus by adding sub-menus to each section. This was necessary as the menus were getting quite bloated and messy. You will find the Maritimes button in the community toolbar, followed by a selection of things like civics, housing, industry etc. Within each of these you will see a pine tree, and that menu holds all of the pine set buildings in that area.