About This File
Caution! This is a pre-update BETA. Use at your own risk
Updated to Version 104 BETA - 22nd May 2017
The Maritimes Collection - The Pine Set V104 BETA
I needed woodland production chains for future fisheries/boat building things, one thing lead to another, and this set happened! This is a big set, and I am bound to have made mistakes, so treat this initial version as a trial/public beta.
Introducing the biggest (so far) installment of the Maritimes collection, the Pine Set.
- Small prodution buildings including blacksmiths, tailors, looms, spinners, and lumber cutters. All small, all slow, all with 2 F-variants, one colour and one wood.
- New forestry production chains including a turpentine still and a pine pitch kiln.
- New storage options including some small food cellars, barns, and material storage.
- New forestry lots. 3 1x1 forester towers, one vanilla, one with a new maple tree set consisting of maple trees, aspens, apples, and oaks, and one with a new pine tree set, including fir, spruce, and white pine.
- New gatherer and forager resources... see the read me in the first reply to this topic below for more details.
- New fur trapper and skinner... see the read me in the first reply to this topic below for more details.
- New foods (to vanilla game) including Game (meat), eggs, cranberries, maple syrup, and more.
- New alcohol (to vanilla game) including cider and maple whiskey.
- New materials (to the vanilla game) including feathers, lumber, hemp, flax, pine boughs, pine resin, turpentine, pitch, charcoal, and more!
- New fabrics (to the vanilla game) including linen, canvas, yarn, and twine.
- New civic buildings including church, school, town hall (all with F-variants) and a hospital.
- New housing including an up-gradable cabin in wood and colour versions, and an up-gradable lodge. More housing will be added in the future.
- And probably a load of other things I forgot about! When I remember, I'll add them.
- Compiled using Banished Mod Kit 107 Beta including the new resource flags and limits.
- Compiled using the new Community Mod Tool Bar.
A new toolbar icon will appear on your main toolbar. This is a community tool bar space within which future releases from all modders can have their own menu.
Within this new toolbar, you will see the Maple Leaf icon - this is my little corner of Banished... Welcome! And Enjoy your stay!
Note, all Maritimes modular sets will be able to be used completely independently of each other, you don't need one to run the others (although, in some cases it will be beneficial ). It would probably be safe to run the most recently released mod above the rest.
Other Modular Maritimes Mods - Compatible!
New Flora - Compatible with the following patches! In order to get both New Flora and Pine Set resources on the map, you need to download the New Pine Flora patch. In order for flax to be compatible between the two mods, you need to download the Flax Patch.
Colonial Charter Journey - Compatible but with a warning! The pine set is compatible with CC 1.75J, however there is an issue to look out for. The charcoal chains are coded differently, resulting in quite a large difference in high:low create values for charcoal. At the moment, I can't think of a good way to fix this, so until I do you must take note: If using CC above the Pine Set, the CC charburner and bricks works will run as expected, however the Pine Pitch Kiln will be WAAAAAAY overpowered when producing charcoal (like, crazy overpowered). If using the Pine Set above CC, then the Pitch Kiln will run fine but the CC charburner and bricks works will be incredible weak when producing charcoal. All other productions from these buildings (bricks, pine pitch) will not be impacted.
Maritimes.pkm - Incompatible! This set should not be used along side the full Maritimes mod, which has now been discontinued.
Modular Maritimes Sets - Compatible! You will get red warnings in your mod list - ignore them. This set does not need the Maritimes Tree mod as it is included.
All other mods - Compatible! I don't know of any instances where this will not work.
None of my mods would be possible without the help, support, and general amazing nature of the Black Liquid Crew.
This includes especially @ShockPuppet for modeling help and @Kralyerg for super coding magic.
Thanks also go to @Discrepancy for his awesome intro to modding tutorial, and @Ketchup for modeling and coding help throughout, and of course the toolbar!
Thanks also go out to all who have participated in the development thread with comments, suggestions, and beta testing. There are too many to name individually, and I'm worried about missing people out. So here's to you!
What's New in Version 104 BETA See changelog
Pine Set - Version 104 BETA Change Log - 22nd May 2017
New Content - Diagonal Cabins - All cabins and the upgrades have been given a diagonal version. In the NecoraToolbar>Housing you will find 2 new buttons, one for diagonal pine cabins and one for diagonal colourful cabins. Each has 4 F-variants, and each variant upgrades into a larger diagonal cabin. Same stats as regular cabins, but they sit on a 1x1 tile as I could not figure out the best way to do it.
Model Adjustments - All houses, most civics, some others - A lot of the buildings in the set have been made taller to make them look better and hopefully fit in nicer with other mods.
bug Fix - All Production Buildings - I have added all storage flags to all production buildings to prevent any incompatibility errors due to different flag usage between mods.
Bug Fix - Hemp - Squished a bug in the hemp crop that was making it produce waaaay to much.
Bug Fix - Furriers Hut - Doubled the amount of fur it needs to produce a coat, this should balance with red's mods.
Core File Update - All core files have been updated to the latest version.
Texture File Update - All texture files have been given the prefix 'NEC' to prevent compatibility issues.