About This File
Updated to Version 102 - 13th March 2017
The Maritimes Collection - The Pine Set V102
I needed woodland production chains for future fisheries/boat building things, one thing lead to another, and this set happened! This is a big set, and I am bound to have made mistakes, so treat this initial version as a trial/public beta.
Introducing the biggest (so far) installment of the Maritimes collection, the Pine Set.
- Small prodution buildings including blacksmiths, tailors, looms, spinners, and lumber cutters. All small, all slow, all with 2 F-variants, one colour and one wood.
- New forestry production chains including a turpentine still and a pine pitch kiln.
- New storage options including some small food cellars, barns, and material storage.
- New forestry lots. 3 1x1 forester towers, one vanilla, one with a new maple tree set consisting of maple trees, aspens, apples, and oaks, and one with a new pine tree set, including fir, spruce, and white pine.
- New gatherer and forager resources... see the read me in the first reply to this topic below for more details.
- New fur trapper and skinner... see the read me in the first reply to this topic below for more details.
- New foods (to vanilla game) including Game (meat), eggs, cranberries, maple syrup, and more.
- New alcohol (to vanilla game) including cider and maple whiskey.
- New materials (to the vanilla game) including feathers, lumber, hemp, flax, pine boughs, pine resin, turpentine, pitch, charcoal, and more!
- New fabrics (to the vanilla game) including linen, canvas, yarn, and twine.
- New civic buildings including church, school, town hall (all with F-variants) and a hospital.
- New housing including an up-gradable cabin in wood and colour versions, and an up-gradable lodge. More housing will be added in the future.
- And probably a load of other things I forgot about! When I remember, I'll add them.
- Compiled using Banished Mod Kit 107 Beta including the new resource flags and limits.
- Compiled using the new Community Mod Tool Bar.
A new toolbar icon will appear on your main toolbar. This is a community tool bar space within which future releases from all modders can have their own menu.
Within this new toolbar, you will see the Maple Leaf icon - this is my little corner of Banished... Welcome! And Enjoy your stay!
Note, all Maritimes modular sets will be able to be used completely independently of each other, you don't need one to run the others (although, in some cases it will be beneficial ). It would probably be safe to run the most recently released mod above the rest.
There are a few issues to note...
Maritimes.pkm - Incompatible! This set should not be used along side the full Maritimes mod.
Colonial Charter Journey - Compatible with the newest edition of CC!
Modular Maritimes Sets - Compatible! You will get red warnings in your mod list - ignore them.
All other mods - Compatible! I don't know of any instances where this will not work.
None of my mods would be possible without the help, support, and general amazing nature of the Black Liquid Crew.
This includes especially @ShockPuppet for modeling help and @Kralyerg for super coding magic.
Thanks also go to @Discrepancy for his awesome intro to modding tutorial, and @Ketchup for modeling and coding help throughout, and of course the toolbar!
Thanks also go out to all who have participated in the development thread with comments, suggestions, and beta testing. There are too many to name individually, and I'm worried about missing people out. So here's to you!
What's New in Version 102 See changelog
Maritimes Pine Set V102 - March 13th 2017.
This is a minor update with a few bug fixes. Use above any maritimes mods released prior to this update.
New Content - Tavern - A tavern for your bannies to enjoy their whiskey and cider. Two F-variants.
New Content - Guest House - A guest house to keep your nomads warm. Two F-variants.
New Content - Town House Short - A 1 story town house. 6 F-variants.
New Content - Town House Tall - A 2 story town house. 6 F-variants.
Squashed Bug - Maple Boiler - Incorrect storage flag has been fixed.
Squashed Bug - Maple Whiskey - Missing string has been corrected.
Model Improvement - Pine Herbalist - The height of the model has been increased to stop bannies banging thier heads.
Balancing - Cider Press - Balancing of the cider press has been modified. An educated worker will produce 10 casks of cider from 15 fruit and 10 maple syrup to give a net value gain of 1.45. An uneducated worker gives a net value gain of 1.02.
Balancing - Maple Boiler and Maple Syrup - Balancing of the maple boiler and maple syrup has been modified. Using charcoal with an educated worker will consume 20 Maple Sap (value 1) + 2 Charcoal (value 4) to produce 48 Maple Syrup (value 4). This gives a net value gain of 1.71. An uneducated worker using charcoal gives a net value gain of 1.14. An educated worker using firewood gives a net value gain of 1.5, and an uneducated worker using firewood gives no net value gain (1.00). I've also increased the amount of maple sap that the forager will produce.
Balancing - Pine Cabin Both Versions - Max occupancy has been increased from 3 to 4, heat has been increased to 60, and storage to 800.
Balancing - Pine Cabin Upgrade Both Versions - Max occupancy has been increased from 4 to 5, heat has been increased to 70, and storage to 1000.
Balancing - Raw Materials - Weights of all raw materials have been adjusted to ease storage space.
UI Improvement - Pine Cabin Upgrade - Description of the build costs and vital stats of the pine cabin upgrade has been added to the upgrade button of the pine cabin.
Core File Update - Vanilla Traders - Vanilla trade post has been updated to allow the new flags. Previously, they would only buy the new flags and not sell them. Inedible foods were also not sold. Details...
Edibles Merchant -
RawMaterialFlags _sellFlags = Edible | Fruit | Grain | Protein | Vegetable;
Goods Merchant -
RawMaterialFlags _sellFlags = Wood | Stone | Iron | Fuel | Tool | Textile | Clothing | Alcohol | CoalFuel | Custom 0 | Custom1 | Custom2 | Custom3 | Custom4 | Custom5 | Custom6 | Custom7 | Custom8 | Custom9;
General Merchant -
RawMaterialFlags _sellFlags = Wood | Stone | Iron | Fuel | Tool | Health | Edible | Fruit | Grain | Protein | Vegetable | Textile | Clothing | Alcohol | CoalFuel | Custom0 | Custom1 | Custom2 | Custom3 | Custom4 | Custom5 | Custom6 | Custom7 | Custom8 | Custom9