About This File
Version 100 - 8th May 2017
I don't have any pictures yet... they will be coming soon!
The Maritimes Collection - Maritimes Riffle V100
A collection of ghost, free to place decorative pieces to build streams, ponds, and lakes on land and to enhance game waterways.
Introducing the Maritimes Riffle Collection - Version 100!
This collection provides a range of decorative items, which are all free to place and ghosted. All of these decorations can be used to create streams, rivers, lakes, ponds etc. on land and to enhance the water ways in game.
This set includes...
Stream Riffles - decorative pieces that enhance game rivers and streams
- Steam - this will make a particle point that produces steam from the water, using a modified smoke particle.
Ripple - this will make a particle point that produces a ripple effect on the water, using a modified boat wake particle.
- Warning - due to the nature of these pieces, they are invisible! So some trial and error will be needed to place them properly. Unfortunately, I've not found a way to incorporate placement helpers.
- Once placed, if you click on the middle of the point (where the particle is emitting from) you will find an invisible square so you can delete it from the UI that pops up.
- 4 Turbulent textures, each with 3 angled variants. These are simple textures which have the foliage material applied, making them move in the water. This will allow you to place turbulence along shore lines, dock buildings etc.
Stream Decorations - 4 sets of stream decorations are included, to build streams, ponds, lakes etc. on land. Each set is at a different level, so 0m (ground level), -0.25m, -0.50m, and -0.75m. Each includes...
- A center water tile.
- A corner water tile.
- An edge water tile.
- A diagonal water tile.
- Pebbles (3 variants).
- Drift wood (lots of variants).
Transition Pieces - these allow you to transition between the various depths mentioned above.
- Sloped transitions - a gradual slope between each step.
- Waterfall transitions - a waterfall between 0m and each lower level.
- Digging Pieces - a terrain leveler for 0m, -0.25m, -0.50m, and -0.75m. Must be placed then deleted.
- All decorative items are ghost and free to build!
A new toolbar icon will appear on your main toolbar. This is a community tool bar space within which future releases from all modders can have their own menu.
Within this new toolbar, you will see the Maple Leaf icon - this is my little corner of Banished... Welcome! And Enjoy your stay! There is a decorations tab (a goat with a fence) where you will find a maritimes riffle tab. Within this sub menu, there is a tab for each of the sets above.
Note, all Maritimes modular sets will be able to be used completely independently of each other, you don't need one to run the others (although, in some cases it will be beneficial ). It would probably be safe to run the most recently released mod above the rest.
This mod does not change or add any core files, and therefore should be compatible with all other mods.
Use only with Banished v107 BETA.
None of my mods would be possible without the help, support, and general amazing nature of the Black Liquid Crew.
This includes especially @ShockPuppet for modeling help and @Kralyerg for super coding magic.
Thanks also go to @Discrepancy for his awesome intro to modding tutorial, and @Ketchup for modeling and coding help throughout, and of course the toolbar!
Thanks also go out to all who have participated in the development thread with comments, suggestions, and beta testing. There are too many to name individually, and I'm worried about missing people out. So here's to you!
Alternative Download Link Coming Soon