Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DJQuad

Extending the Pub Meals & Recipies

Hi, is it possible to extend the recipes in Colonial Charter and/or Megamod? I'd really like to add a lot more types of meals with varying values depending on how hard the ingredients are to acquire. 

did you check the mods at WOB and the bakeryPLUSmod?

1 person likes this

fish dishes such as trout, salmon, tuna, herring, mackerel, etc. - Simple meals cooked glilowane, smoked - different salads with vegetables and seafood - shrimp, lobster, crayfish, oysters, scallops. e.t.c

Edited by taniu
2 people like this

18 hours ago, stiles said:

did you check the mods at WOB and the bakeryPLUSmod?

Yep! I'd like to make even more for CC. :)

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, taniu said:

fish dishes such as trout, salmon, tuna, herring, mackerel, etc. - Simple meals cooked glilowane, smoked - different salads with vegetables and seafood - shrimp, lobster, crayfish, oysters, scallops. e.t.c

Definitely more recipes for the all the seafood we can now harvest from the dock mods :D

4 hours ago, QueryEverything said:

Definitely more recipes for the all the seafood we can now harvest from the dock mods :D

oysters rockefeller!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Paeng said:

Not sure how many more "recipes" you need... ;)

In my opinion, very little. I'm a fan of diverse raw materials that can be combined in interesting ways to make generic refined materials. I love how the building supplies works, to make a generic building supplies out of a range of items. That is why I use Kralyergs basic clothing mod and am thinking of adding the same type of thing but with more inputs. I have thought about a dairy or creamery, where cranberry, blue berries, honey et al. are used to make a generic 'fruit yogurt' because I think adding a separate yogurt to each recipe is just far to many more items.

Have you guys seen the Choo Choo mod from Ketchup? If so, you'll sure have seen just how long the list is for selecting which edible item to trade away for coins? It is crazy long, imagine the combinations of meals that could be made? It would be probably impossible.

I think the varying value of meals idea does have some merit, but I would want a generic meal for each level, not a lot of options, because we can never create them all!

2 people like this

i like the idea with a more generic "yogurt" but would all the berry fruits need to be categorized as "berry" or can it be set to take either this or that in the coding? it would be nice not to be so specific when we set productions. probem might be then all the berries get processed.

No it can take any input you want, so there will still be individual cranberry, blueberry, etc., just the output is generic. Same way that building supplies works right now.

3 hours ago, Necora said:

there will still be individual cranberry, blueberry, etc., just the output is generic.

Yeah, generic is the point... I don't mind to have FruitYogurt, maybe even a variety (from a small seletion, e.g. berry, cherry, orange, apple etc.), let's say at most 8 different fruit or so...

What I don't like is when we get bloated food-menus with a "choice" of 100 different fruit, 200 vegetables, 50 nuts, 95 meats, 45 grains and whatever else may grow on this planet... at least not in the basic mod - such things should be kept in add-ons or companion mods, imo  :)

1 person likes this

yeah but we still have to scroll thru the list of what we can use and then find what we have this food processor doesn't use.but i know it would be a lot of sub-catagories.food=meat,fruit,veggy,grain= types of meat animal,berries,orchard/tree,root,green,other,etc.now we need 100 groupings.lol how bout a yogut only creamery??

There are a lot of dishes, but you can add new products are new fish, seafood, lentils, cranberries, such as sushi or scrambled eggs + bacon, etc. Added a new small mod would useful not only a great mod CC1,71, but also to other stories "Banished"

I'd like a small 2x2 hotplate, soup pot (cauldron, haha), grill, or spit, even an Earth Oven, and being able to put in a combo of the 'vanilla' meats, with different gathered items, then further that by adding the various seafood and meats introduced by other mods - the problem with this though is that the mod devs all need to come together for the one new mod, or share their files, so that becomes a juggling act etc.  

Or, a way to process new foods, into vanilla foods ... like butchers & the DSSV fish monger (but in reverse).  

A slow cooked lamb (side of venison or beef, even a chicken), cooked in an Earth Oven with seasonal berries, onions and mushrooms ...  nom nom nom ...
Grill off a chicken with berries for a sticky chicken kebab.
Beef with mushrooms & onions, with milk (in lieu of cream, work with me here ...), for a stroganoff 
Venison with mushrooms & onions in a soup pot.  
Hot plate & grill for beef & mushroom 

ugh, now I'm hungry :)

hm i see this being expanded into a new chain. maybe a diner that takes all the meals and gives them out from 1 center point. this may be better to do after the new changes are implemented. i would like to see fish split into bass,trout,salmon,catfish,etc. as there are different seafoods now. if it was possable i would opt for simplifeid production say meals=meat+veggy+grain+fruit. meat being any beef,pork,fish,venison,etc. not where you have to specify what type of meat and veggy to use. when you click open a building the lists can be very long. that is why i suggest a chain,where 1 creates "meat" from all types of meat and 1 creates "veggy" from various vegetables,etc. as well as we could have specific seafood meals near the maritimes sets,or "wild stews" from the forest,etc. and then a diner or shop in towns that gathers all the meals. who coded the z-masher?? that isn't as specific on what it takes in.it seems to mix different items of whatever food the town has.

6 hours ago, stiles said:

who coded the z-masher?

That was made by Afwings - though the food is "magically" created out of thin air...

Left over mushroom bits, beef scraps, the chunky stuff at the bottom of your old milk...

It all goes into the zMash and with a few magic spices out comes edible food!

from: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=74

Plainly a cheat, quite overpowered, too... but with a very nice model - I do use it sometimes on test-runs to simulate natural growth, where I won't spend time going through the motions of building yet another gatherer and yet another hunter and yet another fishery... ;)

hmm i really thought it took a mixture of items. i haven't used it much. i never saw it over-produce either.guess that doesn't help the coding at all then. need a way to tell the building to use this OR that without having to manually change it from taking 1 food to another, say it can mix any of 4 veggys and add beef=beef stew.without telling it to use carrots then switch it to potaoes,then switch it to cabbage,etc.

37 minutes ago, stiles said:

i never saw it over-produce either

It can take 4 workers who can produce like 4000+ units of "food" out of nothing... ;)

49 minutes ago, stiles said:

need a way to tell the building to use this OR that without having to manually change it from taking 1 food to another, say it can mix any of 4 veggies and add beef=beef stew.without telling it to use carrots then switch it to potatoes,then switch it to cabbage,etc.

CC limits "recipes" to 3 inputs (I can only think of two items that require 4 inputs).  The recipe must specify a valid item name not a Flag (such as protein or fruit). Typically, finished products made at a location have a single name even though there are several recipes; examples are Building Supplies, Spirits and Pub Meals. This helps keep inventory lists at the town hall, traders, markets, etc. from becoming longer and longer - and more difficult to use. It would also be nice for recipes to be consistent with the time period in which Colonial Charter takes place.

1 person likes this