Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Paeng

Hoisineke

@Paeng  WOW!  How much excellence!! :)

I love your village, there is some excellent inspiration oozing from your pics!! :)

Couple of ques re some buildings ...

Image hois04:  
What are the top right buildings, with the cones, then the 'open' building to their left?

58980f744f741_hois04cr75.jpg.0e82cef890625b1efc9af2bd1a265800.jpg

Image hois06:  
What are the little cones, the rear building, and the tall odd building?

58980f76b6de9_hois06cr75.jpg.28a9f28713921e73fa7cb6c09650c350.jpg

Image hois09:
Ok, now I feel like a fluffy goose, I can't figure these out.  I know I should ...  crap.  haha

I possibly know what they are, but with them in Winter, snow covered, and multiple F-variants, I just can't figure it out.
I'm also extremely tired, and somewhat lazy, sorry :(

hois09 cr.jpg

Edited by QueryEverything
added a 3rd screenshot

7 hours ago, QueryEverything said:

Image hois04:

Stacks Burner, small Smelter

Image hois06

Butcher, Brick Maker, Rural Blacksmith (upgrade)

Image hois09

Block House, Watch Tower, Barracks and Work Camp (both under construction) - from the "Military" set...

All items "old" CC dependables... ;)

2 people like this

What a beautiful town you have built!

From which mod are the blue- and white striped tents? I can't seem to remember.

Btw - if you wonder why I went for the blockhouse without building a "proper" fort around it (instead just some alibi, incomplete constructions)... it's an excellent way to get silver (and even some gold), which I need to support my logging operations with logging barges. And in grungy forest towns a governor's seat (normally a source for silver) does not fit so well...

Takes quite a way to get the blockhouse, you need a quartermaster* first, to produce plenty military gear (80 or so), get some muskets and cannons, and probably other stuff I forgot right now... but once all that is complete, you'll get a good steady supply of silver, better than that government clerk... of course, then you still need hull components to start the barges... LOL

* The "Quartermaster" is somewhat iffy - it's a waterbound quay lot with a weird long staircase into the water, which makes it hard to place, or needs a lot of quay-building around it - all not suitable for wooden frontier towns... so I usually build it a bit out of the way, kinda "invisible"... ;-)

Just one of the chains I fancy... :-)

1 person likes this

very good points,sir. it does take time to get those buildings going for sure,even with trading. the alternative is the precious mine or dredge from the creeks and a smelter. but those will be faster to make but take more workers.

12 hours ago, stiles said:

the alternative is the precious mine or dredge from the creeks and a smelter.

Yeah, I tried that in Sebrinkley, but didn't get real success out of it, despite numerous placer mines, precious mines, smelters and tons of workers... o.O

15 hours ago, Doctor_Dodo said:

the blue- and white striped tents?

They are from RedKetchup (WoB)...

1 person likes this

Looking at the way Hoisinike has grown...

Wood and Lumber industries

hois14.jpg

New business and wealthier citizens

hois15.jpg

hois16.jpg

hois17.jpg

New Foundry

hois18.jpg

New Chapel

hois19.jpg

Training Camp for Hunters and Militia, expanded Quartermaster's outpost

hois20.jpg