Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ShockPuppet

Luke's giving us new things!

46 posts in this topic

wow, this sounds huge for CC and all the other great mods, lots of work for you all though I guess.

Looks like there might be a CC1.8 after all. Or at least a 1.75.

I wonder how long it will take Luke to release the update.

1 person likes this

thank you for your persistence and efforts working towards this. journey has been very fun for me so far. each colonial charter iteration has only gotten better and better.

i will await the next, which will surely incorporate these new limits. looking forward to how they will be implemented.

i only have one small request (but i doubt it has to do with these 10 limits) is it possible for a butcher to be made able to switch between types of meat without demolishing the building? it would aid productivity if i could tell a butcher to switch to a meat that happens to be plentiful at the moment...

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, BuildHappy said:

butcher to be made able to switch between types of meat

If you only want a single item to be output, then yes.  If you want meat cuts and sausages and tallow to be output then no.

1 person likes this

Awesome, just got the confirmation that will be 10 new limits ... but also 10 new FLAGS .......... hooray!

Quote:

the base game won’t change but the game will allow modders to use configurable resource flags and limits,

2 people like this

just arrived the mail with luke update!

the problem is WHEN we will have new flags.......

i stopped playing banished for the flag problems...my logistic foolness told me that

11 hours ago, Kralyerg said:

If you only want a single item to be output, then yes.  If you want meat cuts and sausages and tallow to be output then no.

Well it's not a huge deal but I admit that I too would love a single generic butcher that could switch between meats. I wouldn't mind having only one output like a generic sausages or meat cut after all sausages can be made from a variety of meats, I love chicken sausages myself :P Maybe having the possibility to switch between outputs as well as inputs for flavor.

But I have to admit that if it means losing the tallow as a byproduct then it wouldn't work well for me as I use it almost exclusively to make my candles. Not much bees raising going in my cities.

Oh well .

we only have + 10 limits for everything that has been made.... i dont think we can take one forever for the number of sausages... and take one forever for meat cut .... and a 3rd one for steaks.... 

we only have +10 for everything... once it will be set for something... it will be locked for all the mods we do. if we start to make them dynamic and change them a day or another (for a mod or another mod..) everything will be messed up from a mod to another. (ex: instead to limit and store "bricks" or "glassware", we can end up to store and limit "bison steak" because the other moddler decided that custom@7 = for bison steak ^^)

i dont even think i ll get 1 or 2 limits for i decide myself what ME i wish to do with ! CC crew will decide for everyone for all 10 limits, and us, we will live with it.

and it will be permanent for the eternity.

Edited by Ketchup
1 person likes this

and we need the tool bar reformatted to. it has gotten long and cluttered. a way to give modders there own box/icon and then all their mods go under that. reset buildings to list by materials needed would help,like list houses from wood,wood+stone,wood+stone+iron,etc. i see he has plans for different graphics and maps too

1 person likes this

At the very least, a "decorative items" button on the vanilla toolbar would be great. Lots of decorative items are getting plonked in the town services submenu, because really there is nowhere else to put them. It would be nice if they had a proper home of their own.

Another button for "themed sets" on the vanilla toolbar would also be good. Then Red, Kid, Discrepancy and everyone else who releases a fairly large mod could put their mod on that menu. This would keep the basic toolbar much cleaner. And then they can then all fight it out for who gets first spot. :D

Edited by elemental

4 hours ago, Ketchup said:

i dont even think i ll get 1 or 2 limits for i decide myself what ME i wish to do with ! CC crew will decide for everyone for all 10 limits, and us, we will live with it.

and it will be permanent for the eternity.

So start a new topic for what you would like to see and then all the other modders can join in. Or just do it right here in this thread. Mods needs to stay compatible with one another. There has to be some group discussion and consensus.

I'm not a modder so I don't know how it all works, but it occurred to me that flags and limits are not the same thing. Protein, fruit, grain, and vegetable are all flags, but food is the limit they are associated with. And food is also a flag, yes?

So how many new flags will Banished be getting? And can we possible have more??!! Because I'm sure we'll want them.

2 people like this

good idea ELEMENRAL,then we can have a spokesperson who can compile ideas and go email and discuss with luke.he might be more open to that too.where does he live? if its close by i'll go with a 6pack and brainstorm with him. lol

1 person likes this

food is not a flag

edible is

an we get a way to catagorize the trade post and cityhall lists too?? say a buton so you can see just food,just building materials grouped together.

One of the design things that bug me as a user, is the inability to sort the mod order alphabetically, a-z & z-a, or have a 'bottom' option, we have a 'top', but no bottom.
The other thing that I have noticed I miss is to "search" in the game for an items, especially when the toolbars get big, or messy, or when items may be stored in an odd folder.  search "barn" would result in searches in storage, but also user defined folders.  

I think it's great Luke has done this, and I don't suppose there will be much more work done, but, you never know ...  he may get his mojo back now he's seen how many new devs are creating a bunch new mods!!

I'm still a little confused about how he's going to implement these new flags & categories, he has them as 'custom', so, I wonder if that means ALL modders get to create their own and they ingame lists show what the dominant mod (starting mod, higher listed), mod has in it's categories - or, will the custom ones, be pre-decided as a community effort so that whilst they are custom by devs, they are static across the community.  

Interesting times ahead, I watch with genuine eagerness :)

According to what I know, any mod can use any of the new custom limits to make it do whatever they wish, but the mod on top will override the others. Luke is leaving them saying "Custom 1" or whatever, and it's up to us to go in and make it do what we want.

2 people like this

Cool, so, as I thought.
That's a good way of doing it.  Would be helpful if some modders were able to share their ideas around so that even though mod ABC is top (or a starter defining mod), mod EFG might share the same settings, so we still get the goodies from both...  

Not sure how it works, just checking my ideas off in my head :D haha!!

It's going to cause problems though, if different mods have completely different categories for these custom limits. You could easily end up with trade livestock and chocolate cake both being in the same group, coming from two separate mods.

Edible Food

So 10 new limits on top of the current ones? then I would personally like to see the following, or along these lines...

Inedible Food

Lumber

Advanced Health (potions etc.)

Industry Fuel - to separate things like furnace fuel, coal, charcoal etc. from being burned in houses, but a different limit to other materials.

Raw goods - un processed textiles, resins, saps, etc. - although this could be split into 'animal' and 'plant' limits to stop your feathers from filling up you flax space.

Processed goods - cloth, linen, canvas, etc.

Raw Materials - sand, clay etc.

Processed Materials - bricks, glass etc

Some other suggestions would be things like...

Perhaps another food level

Luxuries other than alcohol

Building materials - perhaps a different limit for things like building supplies?

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Kralyerg said:

According to what I know, any mod can use any of the new custom limits to make it do whatever they wish, but the mod on top will override the others. Luke is leaving them saying "Custom 1" or whatever, and it's up to us to go in and make it do what we want.

We know 90% of people use CC. 99% of these CC players put CC on top. so everyone else will get what you will decide bro. You have our fate in your hands :)

even if i decide custom7 is "Dairy", all poeple with CC on top will have "Dry Goods" as Custom7 and my "Dairy flag" wont work ^^ <= it is just an example ^^

Edited by Ketchup