Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bro

Carbon Steel Tools

I seem to remember having these offered to me from a trader to purchase, yet now that I look it up to make myself I find it's not part of CC's mod or Megamod which are my only two mods running.  Am I having a false memory or something?  

14 answers to this question

They aren't in CC, but they should be in MM. They're from NMT, as freedom said. And yes, the blacksmith tools mod that @estherhbmentioned should work, although it may not affect all blacksmiths anymore.

1 person likes this

rooftiles are made by the medevil brickmaker.

1 person likes this

I remember them too, but they aren't in CC.  However, you can use this mod from Kralyerg's Kave of Krazy Kontraptions to get Carbon Steel Tools:  HERE 

I'm guessing it will work fine with CC 1.72 since the Flag for Tools hasn't changed but those could be "famous last words".  @Kralyerg ??? :)

1 person likes this

Carbon Steel Tools are an option available in the upgraded Medieval Blacksmith. 

CarbonSteelTools.jpg

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, Kralyerg said:

They aren't in CC, but they should be in MM. They're from NMT, as freedom said. And yes, the blacksmith tools mod that @estherhbmentioned should work, although it may not affect all blacksmiths anymore.

I have MM, couldn't find it, but I also haven't tried looking at the Medieval Blacksmith's upgrade.  I'm going to be AFK till later this afternoon so can't check until then.  Will report back if I was able to find it without any additional mods than CC/MM

was this part of the blacksmith mod that gave us stone and wooden tools??

I downloaded the Blacksmith mod from @Kralyerg the other day and so far it is working, I have it very high on my list and over any blacksmith mods, and CC/MM (if you run other mods).
I am using @kid1293's small town Blacksmith (which has only native vanilla tools) with it and I am able to produce all the Blacksmith tools now.
I haven't tried other blacksmiths, but I know Kid's definitely works.  (That green one with the pretty border in the screenshot).

@Kralyerg will there be any chance of getting a similar mod, but for the tailors, to allow all the new pretty clothing?  I know there is the one that makes them all 'standardised', but I miss the pretty icons of the other outfits. :D:D

the patterns which each blacksmith can do are exclusive to it. Not because it is called a blacksmith it has everything that other mods add. we decide which pattern our BS can do and it will do only the patterns we decide.

i dont remember today exactly from who these patterns have been made (carbon steel, wooden and stone tools) but i sone point i ve got the patterns and the 3D meshes of them. i fully integrated them in Medieval Town.

and i still keep them today cause it gives a good alternative to existent patterns.

Edited by Ketchup
1 person likes this

On 3/1/2017 at 11:37 AM, Bro said:

I have MM, couldn't find it, but I also haven't tried looking at the Medieval Blacksmith's upgrade.  I'm going to be AFK till later this afternoon so can't check until then.  Will report back if I was able to find it without any additional mods than CC/MM

Oh, and for the record, yes, in spite of looking like a fool for hours to figure out which blacksmith had the carbon steel tools going on, all I had to do was make the Medieval Blacksmith and then upgrade it once, although it only houses 1 blacksmith I'm sure additional upgrades will remedy that as well.  Now to figure out how to make roofing tiles or whatever that symbol is that it requires for additional upgrades. :) 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Bro said:

Oh, and for the record, yes, in spite of looking like a fool for hours to figure out which blacksmith had the carbon steel tools going on, all I had to do was make the Medieval Blacksmith and then upgrade it once, although it only houses 1 blacksmith I'm sure additional upgrades will remedy that as well.  Now to figure out how to make roofing tiles or whatever that symbol is that it requires for additional upgrades. :) 

I've always wondered why only 1 blacksmith to a building.  Many blacksmiths had apprentices so I live in hope that someone will release a BS with 2+ in it :D

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, QueryEverything said:

I've always wondered why only 1 blacksmith to a building.  Many blacksmiths had apprentices so I live in hope that someone will release a BS with 2+ in it :D

In CC, the upgrades to the regular Blacksmith (Large Smithy and Rural Smithy) and the City Blacksmith (new in CC 1.72) can have up to 2 Blacksmiths working there.

2 people like this

Sweeeeet beats!  Thanks @estherhb I don't get to play a map long enough these days to upgrade buildings, testing, new release, testing, new map etc ...  I really must do so.
I am guilty of wanting more, more, more (much to the teams chagrin) but in doing so, I don't get to relax into game mode.  Will have to get this sorted ASAP.  

2 people like this

I hardly ever upgrade anything. However I was having trouble with the game kicking me out to the start screen so I started over and decided to use Debug to bring it back. And "oops"  a couple of buildings just happened to get upgraded. :)

2 people like this

Hahahaha, I'm like that too ...  oh, wow, those sheep, what are they doing?  Silly beasties wandered on in from the wild ...  haha