Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

239 posts in this topic

@Bartender if you're not happy with modelling those buildings, might I be presumptious and suggest a collaboration with one of the other modders to make them using your grasses and reeds?

But to be completely blunt, I don't think it's necessary for a grass or reed hut to be particularly sophisticated, if it looks a little "rough" that will probably just make it look all the more lived in!

2 people like this

I have concidered that indeed @KevinTheCynic, though at the same time I'm a bit reluctant to start a collaboration on this. I'm a rather extreme perfectionist, so I would likely end up driving the other person crazy fuzzing about tiny little details in their work :P.

@QueryEverything Haha, thanks! I guess I should start thinking about monetizing this project then ;)..

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, KevinTheCynic said:

But to be completely blunt, I don't think it's necessary for a grass or reed hut to be particularly sophisticated, if it looks a little "rough" that will probably just make it look all the more lived in!

It is actually much easier (for me at least) to make sharp, crisp, new buildings. Making them rough and ready while keeping the polys down is really tricky, and takes a lot of effort/skill in texturing. There are a lot of new buildings in the latest CC which are a master class in this. 

4 people like this

@Necora ah yes, I should have realized that from all the trouble that came with making the trees!

1 person likes this

On 24/4/2017 at 3:48 AM, Necora said:

@despo20 if you're gonna do that one... how about make it small and compatible with the new river decoration set... it would be really cool to have a mill for that set! If it was made to sit in a -0.25m or -0.50m setting, you could style a mill pond behind it and have it empty eventually into a stream or river.

It's a good idea! I'll do my best

On 24/4/2017 at 3:14 PM, Bartender said:

You are absolutely welcome to use it ofcourse! You will need some files from my mod to get the thatch to work, so let me know when you're ready for it ;).

Certainly! :hand1:

4 hours ago, Bartender said:

I have concidered that indeed @KevinTheCynic, though at the same time I'm a bit reluctant to start a collaboration on this. I'm a rather extreme perfectionist, so I would likely end up driving the other person crazy fuzzing about tiny little details in their work :P.

I'm also a perfectionist, so a collaboration can be possible. Maybe in some time.

However ask if you need help ;)

2 people like this

I knew if you went down far enough then water appeared, but how did you get the nice sloping bank and round shape? i tried to do this for a hill but it just raised the whole square... although I didn't try very hard.

2 people like this

Thanks!

@Necora Actually the water doesn't appear by itself, only if you would lower the ground very close to an existing river or lake. I had to adapt the RiverMaterial.srsl to be able to create it manually, the mesh is just a plane. For the sloping bank I used a floor mesh like the quarry does. Then I used the decal to make it show the right terrain under the water.

3 people like this

i need that !!! (once rdy to share ^^) with that i can start the NMT 3.0 Series : Canal System.

:)

3 people like this

Cool stuff... :hand17:xD

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thank you :)!

I posted a short tutorial on how to use the water texture over at WOB. I'm very curious to see what great things are going to come out of this :).

Edited by Bartender
3 people like this

Standing ovation!!! :hand16: :hand16: :hand16: :hand16: :hand16: :hand16: :hand16:

3 people like this

Great magic stuff !

Grandiose !

THANKS YOU @Bartender you are truly a magician !

1 person likes this

Looks fantastic!

3 people like this

Amazing? Not even my partner ever called me that way. And she loves me a lot! xD

And it's unveiled because my medieval houses mod has stopped (for the moment ;) )

3 people like this

interesting. i take it the yields will change some and the thatch is a bundle of grass ? no more burning plain grass. that is imporved. how far do you want to take this? a mixed field of gass and corn threshed could give hay or fodder as RED labeled it. and we could feed livestock. a new barn and we feed cows to get milk and fertilizer.

2 people like this

Great stuff... and great team-up  :hand17::D

* though some may find a team of Thresher and Reaper and Maggi Thatcher rather... umm... frightening?  :ph34r:

J/K ;)

3 people like this