Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ketchup

moving with the wind

Hey !

it happends lately to have saw the blueberry transfered to crop (from your CC mod) and i noticed that it looks like the same mesh as the vanilla blueberry which you probably just called it through blueberryMesh.rsc.... and what i noticed is that blueberry swings alot with the wind (like the leaves of trees) so my question is :

what is the trick to make them swing like that ? what i need to do to have my crops swing like that with the wind ?

i dont see anything special in the code of the blueberry out of the line :     float _maxDepthDraw = 60.0; which seems not be related.

1 person likes this

75 answers to this question

@Ketchup really glad it is working! Can't wait to see them in game!

@Discrepancy mmm almond, can't wait for that also. I went traveling in the Alps on the Italian/Austrian border and also in Greece a few summers ago and lots of the houses had things like almond and apricot trees growing up the sides of the buildings, that would be cool as a decorative item!

Edited by Necora

gah i do the same thing with my grass... and they refuse to move and disappear :(

Wanna share the file? I've not tried a grass but I don't see how it should be different.

EDIT: OH !! i found what was the problem !!!!!!

my "RK3Dgrass1.rsc" ,  "RK3Dgrass2.rsc" , "RK3Dgrass3.rsc" didnt had Material\Billboard\BillboardMaterial.rsc inside :( but model alpha

NVM i found it !

i guess i was good for a break :S

EDIT2: i guess i ll have to edit my mesh or png. it looks strange lol

20170319155718_1.jpg

Edited by Ketchup

@Ketchup i dunno about grass but it would make fantastic seaweed!

But yeah the billboard does something to the textures, IDK what, I still have to figure out what @ShockPuppet did to keep the tree textures nice and sharp and looking the same while using the billboard. Try playing around with the scaling of the uv on channel 3 see if that sharpens anything up.

2 hours ago, Necora said:

@Ketchup i dunno about grass but it would make fantastic seaweed!

would be great also see these kind of things for nenuphars and cattails ^^

^^

do you need a scotch pine ?

they are high of 4 tiles height

last screenshot has a high of 5 tiles i think it look better at 5 :P

20170319204718_1.jpg

20170319204739_1.jpg

20170319200908_1.jpg

3 people like this

Shoot @Ketchup they are magnificent. Bigger better... lovely trees! I gotta work on my pines. The spruce and fir are OK, the pine looks odd.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Necora said:

Shoot @Ketchup they are magnificent. Bigger better... lovely trees! I gotta work on my pines. The spruce and fir are OK, the pine looks odd.

do you want it ?

Na man it is your beautiful creation, I gotta learn to do mine :) I need to remind myself how to attach the branches all up the tree, but this time with better textures.

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, Necora said:

Na man it is your beautiful creation, I gotta learn to do mine :) I need to remind myself how to attach the branches all up the tree, but this time with better textures.

i think the hardest is getting very good texture and i dont know how to call it : take out the background and make it transparent (a kind of prunage of the background)

how you like this spruce ?

20170319230150_1.jpg

20170319230157_1.jpg

The trees are really nice, but the grass is the kicker. Can you make it grow everywhere on the map? That would look so awesome. You guys are trying up the visuals of this ageing game!

Holy mother of trees! @Ketchup has released his inner forest! They look awesome. I wanted to do more trees and bushes and things but with the quality of natural meshes coming out of yourself and @Bartender mine just look pants. Good work all!

To make my last spruce trees, I covered a tree in hairs which were coloured green to brown. I then took a picture of this, and used it as a texture for the branches of the pine, spruce, and fir (different one for each, but same method). I then used a particle system to attach a few different faces in many places up the trunk of the tree. There are two problems with this, 1 - the texture is just too fine, and comes out a blur mess in Banished. 2 - I could not find a good particle attachment for the faces, there was too much variation in all directions and I couldn't really get them to point down.

These trees looked fantastic in blender, but just would not translate to Banished. The ones in the Pine Set were the best I could do.

So today I scrapped that method, and went to basics. I made the trunk of a spruce, and made 3 objects that were a plane with texture from the internet of an actual spruce branch (really had to find!). I then went in and duplicated the face objects, placing each one specifically where I want it. It took a lot of time, but the results are far, far better in game...

Screenshot43.thumb.jpg.4d04661c93679d469c1a1f926e19f128.jpg

There is still something wrong with my trunk, for some reason the texture will not play nice. It works fine in Blender, but won't come out in game. I think it needs to be re-made.

Screenshot44.thumb.jpg.5269b29daa0a23b92f23f6844f45a633.jpg

Screenshot42.thumb.jpg.24812c0503a4e9fece02e172c7bd71a9.jpg

Now I have to figure out how to get the deciduous trees to do what I want.