Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

despo20

Despo begins to modding :-)

137 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, Paeng said:

It's a CC housing - I think probably the "Captain's House"... or one nearby on that toolbar  :)

Thanks, I remember seeing it, but not where xD

Edited by despo20

it is hard to say anything about crash and why it crashed :S specially with just a window screenshot like that and without any explanation of what you did (in your graphics, in your code, in your game)

nvwgf2umx.dll is part of NVIDIA D3D10 drivers and developed by NVIDIA Corporation... so double check your textures... and your mesh.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Thanks @Ketchup

I did exactly as the other buildings, or so I thought...

Perhaps you have given me the right clue! I'm going to check :)

Edited by despo20

@Paeng what a great little coincidence :)  Now I need to go see and what I can attach it to!!  
I love those images, and I love that little storage solution you made!

If @despo20 could do something like that, deliberately, that would be excellent.  The amount of fun that could be had. !!  

Despo, you may have guessed, I'm never one to say 'no more storage', so, go nuts!  F-variant 'up the waazzoooo' as crass as that may be ;)  
And only ask, if you ever really want to know, my ideas on storage, and how different limits & resources should work together ...  hahahaha :D

2 people like this

Well, then, variants variants variants!

To infinity and beyond! xD

Fatheadbuzzlightyear3.jpg

2 people like this

20 hours ago, despo20 said:

Perhaps you have given me the right clue! I'm going to check :)

After checking all textures, all meshes and all code files, the problem remained the same... so i tried the last thing:
launch the game forcing the default options... and it works O.o

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, despo20 said:

After checking all textures, all meshes and all code files, the problem remained the same... so i tried the last thing:
launch the game forcing the default options... and it works O.o

Strange. O.o At the risk of teaching you how to suck eggs, are all your graphics drivers up-to-date/compatible/working/accessing the right files/not in the middle of an update?

I don't imagine that this is the problem especially considering you work with 3D graphics software so you're probably more aware of this sort of thing than I am. But it's the only thing I can think of given that at least one of the dll's listed is for graphics. :/ I'm kinda hoping that discussing things here might spark some insight?

1 person likes this

the mod kit does... strange things... it's best to not question it's methods...

4 people like this

3 minutes ago, KevinTheCynic said:

Oh you mean like that strange old aunt who makes meatloaf that's actually delicious but you really don't know what she puts in it... and it's best not to ask! xD

exactly, only with more frustration and less tasty reward, and the same amount of doubt about your well being afterwards.  

4 people like this

Hahahah. Ok ok, let's let Aunt Modkit do his job without asking questions xD

2 people like this

didnt forgot to install the  The DirectX End User Runtime   and   The Visual Studio 2012 Redist ?

1 person likes this

Banished is compiled with Visual Studio 2012 ?

yes, read the readme.htm provided :)

1 person likes this

looks awesome :)

1 person likes this

Looks great indeed :D! I also love how well it fits together with @Necora's riffle!

2 people like this

Thanks guys!

@Necora's riffle is awesome. He really had a brilliant idea!

Now I'm experimenting with his water squares. As @Necora himself suggested a small mill like this can fits better in a little stream :)

2 hours ago, despo20 said:

And this is a possible synergy with Necora's work :)

watermill_test_2.jpg.82c419dfc5c983311c8158776ccd44b9.jpg

Maybe I should raise up the wheel a little...

That's what I'm talking about! Awesome stuff! What level water did you use for it?

That has inspired me to get the update to this set finished and get it released.

3 people like this