Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

jjones_50

Dock Buildings seem to be really OP

Just curious it seems all the resource gathering on the doc buildings produces a lot more resources than normal buildings?

Is this by design for water worlds? Just curious it really makes building the traditional counterparts seem silly after noticing how 1 worker on a dock can output 3 or 4 from a normal building.

Yes, I have also noticed that especially with the water scavenger.

The dock set's rice paddy is grossly overproductive as well. 1000 food for one person is too much.

If you play on maps with lots of water or marsh maps, you need that overproduction to make up for how little area there is for crops.  Just don't use them except for water maps.

1 person likes this

In that case it should at least have a much larger footprint. It is very small for such a large production, also.

They seem just about right to me! :)

3 people like this

For a more balanced game you might like to use Kralyerg's More Food 150.

(Sorry to revive such an old topic please direct me to the forum rules if any or let me know if it is considered as bad practice here).

Thats why I like flat starting setup, with no lakes meaning no space for docks stuff

3 hours ago, WNovizar said:

Thats why I like flat starting setup, with no lakes meaning no space for docks stuff

The Docks are my favorite piece of CC. I think Shock Puppet made some pieces OP because he designed them with a Waterworld map in mind.  As VXL suggested, you might want to use Kralyerg's More Food mod  Alternately, you might try Discrepancy's Jetty and Bridge Set; I haven't spent a lot of time using it, but it has some really nice pieces.  It's available at WorldofBanished.com.

Posted (edited)

@estherhb : Discrepancy's Jetty and Bridge Set is a wonderful mod indeed, far more eye pleasing than CC docks in my opinion. On the same note and if you are into building the ultimate fishermen village you ought to try the Maritimes serie by Necora, the dock set is even more beautiful and the whole chain production is very creative. A truly outstanding mod!

@jjones_50 @WNovizar @others : If rice pads are producing too much food keep in mind you can somehow make them less overpowered by assigning only one worker. Necora's clever production chains are making things a bit more difficult but in the end if you feel you still have way too much rice and fish why don't you just overpay the traveling merchant? I find it to be the simplest and most effective way to cut down my production drastically.

Edited by VXL
@others