Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjones_50

Error Bug with Resource Limits

Posted (edited)

Anytime I try to adjust the last few rows of the resource limits added from CC in the menu it causes a crash error.

You can also save and reload the game and the new resources will generate random resource limits...

Edited by jjones_50
1 person likes this

15 answers to this question

What version are you running, and do you have any mods on your list above CC?

only Medieval  2.04 and the soundtrack for original version of music,  and the newest CC I think I downloaded from the site last week, 1.75

Medieval 2.04 has not been updated to work with the new Flags in Banished 1.0.7 yet. Maybe that's the problem?

I have some crashing issues as well, and have similar situation to OP jjones_50, the resource limits initially loaded with (expected)200 for the top tiers, but random and huge numbers for items on bottom half of UI. My crashes did not happen immediately after changing the numbers in the resource limit UI, but just a few moments later, after I placed a Golden Llama with 'zero build cost' enabled in debug and tried to save. I wasn't sure if changing resource limits, saving, or using zero build cost was the problem...

I have no idea how to read my crash dump, sorry, but if anyone could tell me where to look in it, i would be happy to post the relevant section.

My mod order is:

maritimes 1.0.6

new england colonial 1.0.6

forest deep v3

ridiculous storage

journey 1.75

mega deco 0.07

mega mod 0.07

and I do not have beta enabled in steam.

limit1.JPG

limit2.JPG

crash.JPG

On 4/1/2017 at 0:32 PM, estherhb said:

Medieval 2.04 has not been updated to work with the new Flags in Banished 1.0.7 yet. Maybe that's the problem?

but the medieval town mod included in mega mod 0.07 is also 2.04, and that should work okay with journey 1.75 if i place 1.75 above mega mod, yes?

6 minutes ago, BuildHappy said:

and that should work okay with journey 1.75 if i place 1.75 above mega mod, yes?

Well, yes and no. The compatibility mod makes it so that the old buildings can process resources that use the new flags.  But the resources in NMT haven't been updated to use the new flags. So NMT specific resources, like roof tiles will be using the wrong limits.

41 minutes ago, BuildHappy said:

and I do not have beta enabled in steam.

If you don't have the beta enabled, how are you playing the new mods that were made with the beta?

1 hour ago, Kralyerg said:

If you don't have the beta enabled, how are you playing the new mods that were made with the beta?

don't know, i have not had beta enabled in steam ever. i have been playing with CCJ and mega mod for several months, since journey was introduced. the shipwreck and abandoned village starts are some of my favorites!

i only tried to use CCJ 1.75 and Mega 0.07 today. maybe if i enable beta they might work...?

little bit additional info: i tried again, with 1.75 and 0.07, but did NOT try to raise resource limits, although they had weird start levels again. (i wanted to see if i could keep most items in markets, and leave limits low that way.)

for 2.5 game years (about 40-45 minutes) everything went fine, until i tried to open the 'Town Arrival' to look at inventory. the moment i clicked on it, the game CTD.

the reason i wanted to look at inventory is, i had a fuel refiner making furnace fuel, and i had the following stockpiles: logs, fuel, raw minerals (for ores etc.), industrial fuel (for furnace fuel) stone, iron, construction materials, and raw materials (for clay, etc.)

firewood was going into the regular fuel stockpile nicely, but furnace fuel was not going into the industrial fuel stockpile.

maybe this is also due to not enabling beta? still don't know how to decipher crash dumps...

i'll try once more with beta enabled. if it crashes again, i'll have to roll back to CCJ 1.71 and Mega 0.06

i hope enabling beta works, because the new separations for storage and all the additional stuff for 1.75 and 0.07 look great, i really would like to play with them.   :) 

inventory crash.JPG

limit3.JPG

Anytime I try to add to the crafted limited its a automatic crash

When you're in the Banished main menu, which game version is shown at the bottom of the screen?

If anyone doesn't know... the latest version of Banished is 1.0.7. 170320 beta. This is the second update that ShiningRock/Luke has released this year.

Hi @BuildHappy that maritimes mod you have listed there, is that the complete package? If so, it has not been updated for a while and certainly won't have the new flags and limits etc. Also, you have the New England Colonial mod up there which I believe is now part of 1.75? If it is the same mod, the one by @The Pilgrim

When Journey was released initially, it didn't have the new flags and limits so was designed to work with Banished 106 game. The Beta changed a lot of things, and Journey was updated to its current version to include all of the new resource limits introduced. However, if you don't have the Banished 107 Beta enabled, this will result in funky things because the game doesn't have the underlying code to deal with the new resource limits and flags, even if CC or others introduce them. This is why you are having issues with the crashes and limits.

Honestly, I think you need to have an update overhaul of your mods if you want to use the new content. The Maritimes mod for example will conflict and change resource characteristics of Journey 1.75 making buildings and resource act funny.

Make sure you subscribe to the Beta test option in Steam (the test is stable as far as I can see, so it won't be causing any problems). When you do that, it will automatically update your game to the newest available version including Betas. 

Then, go through your mods and make sure you download the most recent of each. CC J 1.75 is fine, but you'll need to ditch that Maritimes file and replace it with the modular sets which are all up to date for the most recent Beta version with new limits etc. Same with Forest Deep, if you download it again from World of Banished, make sure you get it from the 1.0.7 Mod Downloads section not the original mod downloads section. 

Also, check what is included in Mega Mod. Like I said you don't need the seperate Colonial House Mod any more, and the Forest Deep might even be in Mega Mod (but I am not sure).

It might seem like a lot of effort, but trust me, it is totally worth it for all of the new stuff!

2 people like this

Things are a lot better and the crashes are gone.  A few observations:

I did not know that 'Colonial Houses v1.53' included in MM 0.07 was the same as the 'New England Colonial Mod' available on steam (mostly 'cuz the names aren't the same.)

Enabling beta stopped the crashes. As I was not crashing before, I must have been using only the non-beta versions of CCJ and MM through steam.

I updated maritimes (from here) to 104.4, although I don't think this mod was involved in my crash issues. (I don't often play water worlds, and rarely even use quay buildings, let alone the full range of amazing stuff in maritimes... but I will disable it in-game and go through and get all the modular sets this week. whew!)

I changed my mod order and a ton of new things became available and the menus look different (yay). My mod list is now:

ridiculous storage

Maritimes (will disable today and get sets this week)

New England Colonial (from steam, will also disable today, but doesn't seem to bother MM 0.07)

Forest Deep v3 (will seek updated stuff this week when i get all the maritimes sets, but this one doesn't seem to bother MM 0.07 either)

1.0.7 Compatibility (may not apply to CCJ 1.75 but doesn't seem to bother either 1.75 or MM 0.07)

CCJ 1.75

MM 0.07

Mega Deco 0.07

to circle around to the original post, resource limits are happy now (no weird amounts at start, and no more crashes) after I did three things: a) enabled beta in steam, b) updated several - but not all, yet - mods from here, and c) tweaked my mod order.

played for 7 hours last night,  and noticed my small market and hospital have made a happy face in my town!

thanks to everyone for their help and advice. happy gaming!   :)

limits fixed.JPG

happy face.JPG

3 people like this

On 4/6/2017 at 9:12 AM, BuildHappy said:

I did not know that 'Colonial Houses v1.53' included in MM 0.07 was the same as the 'New England Colonial Mod' available on steam (mostly 'cuz the names aren't the same.)

They aren't the same; while the houses may look similar at first glance, there are definite differences in designs.  Colonial Houses v1.53 is by kid1293 and is available at WorldofBanished.com.  Designs for the homes in the New England Colonial Mod, which is included in CC 1.75, were provided by The Pilgrim based on historical blueprints, with the basic models by Azem Ocram and textures/finishing by Shock Puppet.  

I had the very same problem, Necora's answer helped me too. Thanks a lot! I loved these mods, I was worried that I won't be able to play with them. I am so relieved ^_^

1 person likes this