Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

I'd like to have a mod or just a option to remove or not to have trees on hills where ppl can't remove them. This is only because I like to have slope pastures. Sorry if this is repeating I haven't noticed it by myself. Thanks!

+1, this is by far my most annoying 'quirks'.  I have to terraform around the hill so I can get my mini mines in.
The large 8 tlle mines it doesn't matter as they lower the terrain, but anything that removes the trees won't.

The workaround for me, using the flattening tool, then with the terrain tool increase the tiles to the highest height.  The terrain tool doesn't match the height of the tallest hills, but I can make a somewhat ok mini mountain from it.

@Kralyerg may know of a way to make the trees reachable ... 

I had wondered if maybe trees can only spawn on X/Y of --- (being ground level) and X/Y of being TTT (the highest mountain level), but I don't think the game terrain works this way.  It's such a pain to find them on the slopes, yuck.

1 person likes this

Try to lay a tunnel footprint under the trees, iitc that should remove those trees...

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Paeng said:

Try to lay a tunnel footprint under the trees, iitc that should remove those trees...

but what will happen if i delete the tunnel? I dont have any experience with that.

5 minutes ago, Slavepetrich said:

but what will happen if i delete the tunnel?

You don't actually have to build the tunnel.  Just drag the tunnel across, let go, and the trees that it is crossing should magically disappear. Then just go and cancel building.

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, Kralyerg said:

You don't actually have to build the tunnel.  Just drag the tunnel across, let go, and the trees that it is crossing should magically disappear. Then just go and cancel building.

I'll give it a try! Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Hiya, thanks for the tips @Paeng & @Kralyerg I gave that a go, and I found that it cleared the trees, but it left a red tile where the tree was, so, back to 0 :(

Here you can see that the red tile is where the tree was.  

The process was:

1)  lay the bridge, confirm the build

2)  use the 'remove' button to remove the bridge foundation

3)  attempt to place the mine

In this picture you can see it can't be placed because of the foundation, I hadn't terraformed that row of tiles yet, but the result of the rogue red tile is still the same from where the tree was when the bridge was laid there.

{bridge} oh my ...  what the?  Sorry, typed whilst falling asleep, and it wasn't even just once.

Bridge = Tunnel

20170409 Screenshot443.jpg

Edited by QueryEverything
WTH Bridge? I meant Tunnel

Bridge? You mean Tunnel, right? :)

Anyway - I only remember this technique dimly, all you do is draw the tunnel, then cancel the build to remove the footprint... not sure why you get red squares left behind... :(

In any case, it should do to clear the hill, what Slavepetrich wanted... but now you want to clear the hill first and then build a tunnel through it, too... can't you just build the tunnel without all that "clearing" stuff first...?

Sorry @Paeng I was falling asleep when I wrote the above post.

Bridge = Tunnel :D

I was building a Tiny Mine.

1)  place tunnel

2)  cancel build, using the remove building tool

3)  attempt to place Tiny Mine - find the rogue red tile

Ok, that all seems correct now ;)

You can try this little guy I just whipped up.

NoMountainTrees.pkm

Since trees are spawned when the map is generated, this would require a new map to be used. But (based on my tiny bit of testing) it should make it so you don't get any trees on your mountain tops.

2 people like this

10 hours ago, QueryEverything said:

Hiya, thanks for the tips @Paeng & @Kralyerg I gave that a go, and I found that it cleared the trees, but it left a red tile where the tree was, so, back to 0 :(

Here you can see that the red tile is where the tree was.  

The process was:

1)  lay the bridge, confirm the build

2)  use the 'remove' button to remove the bridge foundation

3)  attempt to place the mine

In this picture you can see it can't be placed because of the foundation, I hadn't terraformed that row of tiles yet, but the result of the rogue red tile is still the same from where the tree was when the bridge was laid there.

{bridge} oh my ...  what the?  Sorry, typed whilst falling asleep, and it wasn't even just once.

Bridge = Tunnel

20170409 Screenshot443.jpg

It worked for me when placing a pasture. I did it just like you.

1 hour ago, Kralyerg said:

You can try this little guy I just whipped up.

Since trees are spawned when the map is generated, this would require a new map to be used. But (based on my tiny bit of testing) it should make it so you don't get any trees on your mountain tops.

Awesome! :D Thank you.

Brilliant work @Kralyerg will definitely give it a run :)

Not sure why it worked for you (the work around) @Slavepetrich maybe I was working higher on the mountain?  Not sure, but am happy it worked :D

On 4/9/2017 at 10:22 PM, QueryEverything said:

Not sure why it worked for you (the work around) @Slavepetrich maybe I was working higher on the mountain?  Not sure, but am happy it worked :D

There is a really odd glitch that I've come across a few times when placing the tunnel then removing it ASAP, and it seems to happen at random. I place a tunnel to see where it will go, realize it is too long and I need to do some flattening or something so remove it, then pace it again. However, once I try to place it again it is now all red out, because for some reason it is now seeing the middle tiles as ground level even if they are in the middle of a hill. So it will let me place a tunnel until the center of the hill, but no further. I would assume that if you try to place a tunnel and have it end where that red square is in the middle of the hill, it might go green. I have no idea why this happens, but it might also be related to why some shore tiles become un-buildable from the start or after demolishing something.

1 person likes this