Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Johntodd

"No disease" mod?

Is there a "no disease" mod?  If not, would someone please be kind enough to make one?  I'm playing the latest CC and MM mods.

Thanks so much!

-John

Never heard of one. There's a mod that turns tornadoes off (here) but that's about it.  I turn all disasters off - I can get my people to starve without them :)

2 people like this

I even use the debug menu to cancle all disease, etc., and they still get sick.  Despite having a varied diet, high morale, etc.

debug doesn't totally stop disease. however,i do think if you click in it while the bannies are sick it will help sure them and slow/stop the spread. depending on the disease the hospital will help if you have enough herbs. i have not found a mod that totally stops all diseases either.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, estherhb said:

I can get my people to starve without them :)

LOL me too! thanks for the gigglesnort; made my afternoon.

doesn't seem to matter which disease it is, influenza, scarlet fever, tuberculosis, etc, the best thing that helps my towns is a decent (full size) hospital. it's one of the very first things i build after food and firewood is stable. upwards of 20-30 people may fall ill, but about half the time no one dies, and if they do, usually only 2 or 3 folks die. tolerable. small clinics and herbalists just don't have as beneficial effect (imo).

1 hour ago, stiles said:

depending on the disease the hospital will help if you have enough herbs.

Herbs and Herbalists are no help with disease epidemics (Mumps, Dysentery, Fevers etc.), for those you need a hospital manned with a Physician.

Health basically depends on -
- a varied diet (some of all 4 food groups)
- a local herbalist, to treat small ailments and wounds with herbs (get at market, bring to herbalist)
- a hospital, to treat epidemic diseases (beyond a herbalist's abilities)

More thoughts here:

http://banishedpeople.freeforums.org/about-health-herbalists-and-hospitals-t293.html

1 person likes this

I have all that, P.   My town is at 3000.  I solved the problem by zero-cost building a poopload of hospitals.  I have 149 physicians, and the people were finally all healed.

Is that all there is to it?  Just "x-number" of hospitals for "x-number" of people?

Thanks!

-John

Well, on such dense populations an outbreak can spread like wildfire... and a hospital can only treat up to 30 peeps, plus you can't staff more doctors (only 1 per hospital), unfortunately. So a mod should maybe give hospitals a larger cap than 30 patients...

1 person likes this

My people seem to avoid hospitals.  Is there any way (or any mod) to make them ho to the hospital?

When I develop a new township area, even just a market radius away, or a forestry outpost, I will always add a hospital, even if it's only a small one that can take 10 patients, and I add a herb market there (a small 1x2 in the Puzzle Market), so far my outbreaks have been reasonably contained this way as there is a doctor in each outpost.  Generally if I have over 5 hospitals, I won't have more doctors, but increase their numbers just before I take in nomads. 

It's not perfect, but so far I haven't lost everyone this way. :)

there is a blog somewhere with info on how the bannies handle the herbs. seems they go get the herb then go see the herbalist. if you are seeing bannies bypass the hospital i would assume that is why. they need to go get the medicine.

everyone plays different. i usually start sm,all and use a dock herb grower. boost the herb limit up to 1000.if i hit the limit or after so long and adding herbalists to forest sets,i will up that limit.if yiou get an epidemic you will want all the herbs you can find. i have found the more the bannies are busy the less death and sickness you have.if they are loitering around with nothing to do,especially winter months,then you have more chance of sickness or just odd deaths. as you play you may find other odd quirks like that. others may argue those quirks don't exist. i have seeen odd things happen enough to wonder if there are things hidden deep in the game code that we are not aware of.

i'll give you an example. nomads is supposedly completely random. if you do not get nomads in under 5 years do something. anything. see if all of a sudden they show up.i'll leave you to figure out what "anything" means or is though. no more clues.

Posted (edited)

trying to reply but getting 500 HTTP error lol

the disease is not a "disaster" mechanic.

when you check no disasters, you cancel the tornados, the crop/orchard infestations, and the fire to buildings. that all

diseases are controlled by something else and can happends no matter what you have disaster on/off

disaster code is controlled by the Game/Disease/Diseases.rsc file which has this :

ExternalList resource
{
    External _resources
    [
        "Game/Disease/Influenza.rsc",
        "Game/Disease/Mumps.rsc",
        "Game/Disease/Diptheria.rsc",
        "Game/Disease/Dystentery.rsc",
        "Game/Disease/YellowFever.rsc",
        "Game/Disease/ScarletFever.rsc",
        "Game/Disease/Typhus.rsc",
        "Game/Disease/Measles.rsc",
        "Game/Disease/Tuberculosis.rsc",
        "Game/Disease/SmallPox.rsc",
        "Game/Disease/Cholera.rsc",
        "Game/Disease/Plague.rsc",
    ]
}

it calls each independant disease file which have all their own chance to "happend" and chance/radius of transmission.

probably a mod can be done, but i am not sure how the game will react to it. for example of a try a modder can do is  to delete all external _resource list:

ExternalList resource
{
    External _resources
    [
    ]
}

How would the game react to it ??

Edited by Ketchup
1 person likes this