Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Takit

Square Large Removal

Posted (edited)

Hello there,

I'm playing with CC 1.62.

I'm asking here for some help. I'm stuck with a “Square Large” planter base.

I can't build what I want to with this square in middle of everything. ( See screenshot )

What happened ?

I built a "Square Large" planter base. I made it impassible. ( The icon to make it impassible tells it will be possible to remove it the "regular" way ).

I'm now stuck with it.

I don't know what to do to delete it. I really don't want to start over right now…

Can someone help me ? :(

Thanks in advance for your help.

2017-05-19.jpg

Edited by Takit
Adding details to prove I'm not that stupid.

12 answers to this question

Actually, my response was good too; I decided to NOT respond further.

1 person likes this

strange. i wonder if it layed down 1 before you clicked the "+" so there is 2 on the same space. now when you click the area it pulls up the 1 that can't be removed. at least the ghosted walls made it look fixed.

Try the regular destruction tool. If that doesn't work, click on the item and then click on the trash can.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The "Remove Structures" tool doesn't work. It doesn't even detect there is something to remove. ( See attached )

And as you can see in my screenshot, there is no trash can.

I even tried the "flatten power tool", doesn't remove anything too.

Remove Structures.jpg

PS: My request wasn't a "I don't know how to play" request.

Edited by Takit
Adding image

Hi @Takit 

I don't think @estherhb needed the -1, it's a somewhat common oversight that people sometimes miss things when they first come to post questions, her answer would have been one any one of us would have given.  She was trying to help you (+1 E), with no other information to hand, she wasn't to know that there was no trash can at the time of the original posting, and no one implied that you were stupid!!

Now - moving on, CC 1.62 is woefully outdated and full of many, many bugs, and the BL team with @Kralyerg crazy mad skills has brought the CC version up to 1.75 to match Banished 1.07, whilst they were a man down, (we missed you Shock ...)

So, I guess the thing to do is ask:
What Banished are you running?  1.06 or 1.07
The CC of 1.62 -  by choice, or you simply hadn't had a chance to update?
Are you also using MM?  If so, what version?

If you upgrade to 1.73 (pre Banished 1.07) you can still run all your fave 1.62 moments, but you will also get an abundance up big fixes:

Released March 6

• Fix City Wall Storage building bug
  • Fix Blacksmith limits
  • Fix Dock Still not storing rice
  • Fix Placer Mine limit
  • Fix specialized markets to not store wrong things
  • Moved Feathers to Textiles category
  • Added new marble statue as ghost
  • Added shore rocks as ghost
  • Added jungle plants as ghost
  • Added ground covers as ghost
  • Added new pine trees as ghost
  • Remove Trading Post requirement for nomads at Town Hall
  • Added Medium+ starting conditions for shipwreck starts
  • Added Easy/Medium/A&E starts for Northern Pines start
  • Added City Wall 3 Long ghost piece
  • Added City Wall Gate with portcullis as F variant

If that doesn't do it, ie there was still a piece missing, then you will need to either update to the latest version, which means updating to Banished 1.07 if you haven't done so already.

If you can reply back with the answers, I wonder if we could be of more help to you :)

1 person likes this

It was indeed @estherhb:) which s why I upped your answer :)  You're the Lady of the Forum, no need to - you. :(

when you say you made the planter "impassable" do you mean you used the empty space mod to do that? if so you may be right that it can not be removed. there are also some pieces,especially decorations that have a note added to be careful how you use them.some are difficult and some are impossable to remove.if all you want is to bring the stone fence around the corner than i suggest using ghosted stone walls on that corner.

Posted (edited)

Hello there,

Thanks for the new answers, I will try to reply “correctly”. :face55:

8 hours ago, QueryEverything said:

[…] she wasn't to know that there was no trash can at the time of the original posting […]

Yes she was, The screenshot in my first post was there from the beginning. I was maybe wrong to -1 her. I didn't mean to be rude.

Her answer shows that she didn't take a look at my screenshot. That didn't bring anything new to me and she didn't ask anything.

That's my regular use of the -1. But I'm sorry if you took it bad, estherhb. :face55:

8 hours ago, QueryEverything said:

The CC of 1.62 -  by choice, or you simply hadn't had a chance to update?
Are you also using MM?  If so, what version?

I am playing with Banished 1.0.5 Build 160505. I am not using MM. ( I don't know why I'm still on Banished 1.0.5, GOG tells me I've got 1.0.6 ).

I'll upgrade both Banished and CC when I'll start a new game. I "need" to finish what I planned to do in this one.

6 hours ago, stiles said:

when you say you made the planter "impassable" do you mean you used the empty space mod to do that? if so you may be right that it can not be removed. there are also some pieces,especially decorations that have a note added to be careful how you use them.some are difficult and some are impossable to remove.if all you want is to bring the stone fence around the corner than i suggest using ghosted stone walls on that corner.

I don't know what is the "empty space mod". I made it impasible using the "+" in the window of the square.

( See screenshot, example with a round large, I don't have any square to upgrade. )

Impassible.jpg

I feel I have to live with that problem for the moment, so I got around the bugged tiles ( see sreenshot ).

Got around.jpg

Edited by Takit
Images order

Posted (edited)

I just uninstalled my Banished and install a fresh new from GOG.

Now I'm on Banished 1.0.6 build 160521. The problem hasn't change at all. :face53:

Edited by Takit
Added build

@Takit I have had problems before with ghost pieces. Most place and remove fine, but every now and then one becomes bugged. In my case it is usually non-clickable, although, it seems that you can actually click on your square, and bring up the UI. Did you try a test on another? Try placing the exact same item next to it and see if it happens again, then try a few tiles away and try again. Obviously don't save your game while you are testing.

There could be a couple of answers. 1 - is that there is a missing code, which may have been corrected in a recent update or may be something no one has seen yet. If you still cannot demolish the piece when making the test ones un-passable, then this is probably the cause. If it has not been corrected in recent upgrades, then you are the unlucky one to discover a new bug that needs reporting.

2 - if you can remove the test pieces properly, but still not the trouble some piece here, it may be that it just bugged for some reason. This seems to happen, rarely, but it does happen, with ghost pieces. But, as you can still click on it, I would assume it is more of a wider issue with the piece.

Some thing to note, if you were using Banished 1.0.5, you are actually 2 releases behind. The most recent release is the 1.0.7 BETA test, which is what the most recent CC (1.75) is designed to be used with. I don't know how GOG works, but it might be a good idea to opt in to BETA tests if you can to make sure you have the most recent game version. All mods being released now are for Banished 1.0.7 BETA due to the game changes such as limits and flags. I don't know if this is the cause of your issue, but it is totally worth getting the BETA if possible because the game play is much improved.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Necora said:

@TakitSome thing to note, if you were using Banished 1.0.5, you are actually 2 releases behind. The most recent release is the 1.0.7 BETA test, which is what the most recent CC (1.75) is designed to be used with. I don't know how GOG works, but it might be a good idea to opt in to BETA tests if you can to make sure you have the most recent game version. All mods being released now are for Banished 1.0.7 BETA due to the game changes such as limits and flags. I don't know if this is the cause of your issue, but it is totally worth getting the BETA if possible because the game play is much improved.

Just a note from a GOG user - this patch isn't on GOG, they only make them available when they're out of beta.  So to update to the 107 beta download the beta patch from Shining Rock http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/ and instal it as directed there.

1 person likes this

@Necora,

I didn't make testing about where the ghost pieces can be removed and where it cannot. I hoped it was something already encountered and easy to "fix".

I'll live with it until my next game.

But I did have another problem with a tile in this game. It was empty but I couldn't build on it. Except something "pathable". I couldn't understand why and that mad me change my design.

@Necora,  @khemari,

I know about the patch 1.0.7 but I noticed that "Previous versions of the game won’t work with this patch".

I don't intend to make a new one right now. I'll update later. Soon. Both Banished and CC. :)