Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BuildHappy

Take Me to the River

You can't quite tell by screenshots, but this weird river flows up around and down, just fine, past this glitch. I did not stay and play, so I have no idea if traders would freak out getting past (or through) this...

Application-steam-x64 2017-05-19 09-43-30-783.jpg

Application-steam-x64 2017-05-19 09-43-53-439.jpg

Application-steam-x64 2017-05-19 09-44-44-938.jpg

Capture.JPG

1 person likes this

the banished triangle haunts many.

3 people like this

I believe that is a crack in space-time. Look out for prisoner 0

3 people like this

I should have recognized it instantly since I live in California - it's the San Andreas Fault!

3 people like this

On 5/23/2017 at 4:09 AM, QueryEverything said:

I had this earlier in May too :)  

you used the map and even built buildings on top of the artifact. did it affect anything...?

i saw mine, just said nope and started the next map. :(

1 person likes this

@BuildHappy I debugged a few quick buildings on it to see if it worked, I might go back and see what happens when they are in use, but to be honest, I didn't stick around for long.  I figured I could build over it if it was a good enough map, but it was chickens ...  had it been cows or lambs, sure it'd be worth it :D

1 person likes this

I've had that graphical glitch happen on a map or two in the past. I can't remember anything specific but I seem to remember that the traders could pass over it without any problem. I vaguely recall that after playing one of those towns for a while the glitch seemed to fix itself. However I did decide to end that map and start a new one because, as I always do, I installed some new mods and just "had" to start a new town!

2 people like this

On 5/23/2017 at 4:09 AM, QueryEverything said:

I had this

i just noticed - did the random generator name your town ChickenLegRiver or did you?   ;)

2 people like this

10 hours ago, KevinTheCynic said:

the glitch seemed to fix itself

...i'm trying to imagine what that would look like and how it would happen... and i can't.

:)

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, BuildHappy said:

...i'm trying to imagine what that would look like and how it would happen... and i can't.

:)

I don't specifically remember it, but I think it just went back to the something very close to the proper river texture. What I do remember is that when it fixed itself, it wasn't as glaringly obvious as when the glitch was present, oh, and it seemed to occur only in complicated bends in the river or places where there the river joined a lake and produced small islands (like in @QueryEverything's images).

2 people like this

13 hours ago, BuildHappy said:

i just noticed - did the random generator name your town ChickenLegRiver or did you?   ;)

Haha, no, I did it :) @BuildHappy

I normally have a naming convention of something along the lines of:  animal seed natural_wonder 
In this case, I had chickens on the map, the river was odd, so it became ChickenLegRiver

Others have been:  MooBage Valley
Where it was cows/beef, cabbage and valleys 

:D

2 people like this

Maybe 1 day I will go through all my old saves with all the old names :)  and post them @KevinTheCynic
Woollypead Creek was another one I thought of :)

1 person likes this