Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clickbouyow

Coverings cause crash to desktop

I am running CC 1.71 and Megamod 0.06 on Banished Beta 1.0.7.  When I try to remove a covering I get a crash to desktop.  I have attached the crash dump if anyone needs it.

20170613135104_1.jpg

crash.dmp

7 answers to this question

CC 171 had a lot of crashes fixed in CC 175, is there any reason why you have not wanted to upgrade to CC 175? Performance concerns etc?

Items from CC 171, should (unless retired), be found in CC 175, and they are designed to run in Banished 1.0.7 

How far into your map are you?  Do you have a save you can go back to before putting the covering up?  Because, if not, and if the crash happens everytime, then you may well be stuck with it :(

The Coverings looks like they're from one of Kralyerg's mods and are part of MegaMod.  

I wonder ... If the stand alone version is installed as well, over the other 2 mods, if that would help?

@clickbouyow download the mod from here: http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/files/file/37-covering/

Put it in your folder, enable the mod - make sure it is listed higher than MM
EXIT Banished
reload the game, then go back into the map and see what happen.

See if that stops the crash from happening?

-----

Just reread all of the above anyway - I know to run MM 007 with Banished 1.07 you need to have the compatibility mod, but I have no idea what is needed to make MM & CC 171 to work with Banished 1.07 without problems.  
I would still try running the standalone version if you can.

Upgrade as soon as possible to the new MM, CC & use the compatibility mod, load them in this order (screenshot below), and that may help stop some crashes.

1 20170513 d SUp BL MM.jpg

Installed the stand alone.  I can now add and remove the NEW coverings.  The old one still causes a crash. What is weird, is that when I click to remove the new buildings, they remove immediately.  When I do it with the old, a builder is allocated and a really jumbled up item description pops up.  I think I am just going to have to accept that the covering in this town is messed up.  I have updated everything to the latest and greatest.  I may start the town over (I am sitting at 2000 pop right now, so I am somewhat loath to do that.  Or, I might figure out a way to incorporate the darn thing.  

Thanks for the advice!  

Did they remove a lot of roads in MM .07?  All of the custom roads have vanished.

4 hours ago, clickbouyow said:

Installed the stand alone.  I can now add and remove the NEW coverings.  The old one still causes a crash. What is weird, is that when I click to remove the new buildings, they remove immediately.  When I do it with the old, a builder is allocated and a really jumbled up item description pops up.  I think I am just going to have to accept that the covering in this town is messed up.  I have updated everything to the latest and greatest.  I may start the town over (I am sitting at 2000 pop right now, so I am somewhat loath to do that.  Or, I might figure out a way to incorporate the darn thing.  

Thanks for the advice!  

Coverings are "ghost" items. Should be able to click on ghost items to get a window where you can click on the "X" and the item will disappear. With regular items, a builder has to come over and remove it.  Not sure what is wrong with the one you can't remove. Sorry.  Maybe you can put a few benches under it and some flowers around it as sort of a rest stop?

1 person likes this

I agree with @estherhb on the decoration side of things :)  I was looking at your screenshot again, and I think it would look good there as a roadside rest stop, park lands etc, it wouldn't be out of place - it's not what you wanted, and it's not fixed the problem, but - it's a work around :D

I can't fix the bug for you, but, can you please post a screenshot of what happens, so those that do bug fixes know what to look for :)

As for the roads, do you have the MM Deco pack installed??