Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

PentatonicPiet

Banished MegaMod won't work

Hello,

I have a little problem installing the MegaMod.

I've downloaded the MegaMod from blackliquid, and put the .pkm file in the Windata folder, and enabled it in the mod section of the game. But now i get the vanilla version? i looked up for help on this matter, but none of the help online makes it work. Filename is correct, destination is correct. I read online that it takes a while to load this big mod when you enable it, but that also doesn't happen. Somebody?

my gratitude will be great

8 answers to this question

Hi there :)

Welcome to the forums. :D

A couple of things:  

About Mega Mod, when you load a map, the menu etc will look a lot like the Vanilla Banished, the sub-menus are where the magic is really at. :)

You will see sub-menus where things like:  
Storage & Markets, Stockpiles, etc - are in their own little menus - they will have green borders, other creators will have red, orange etc
In the food sub-menu - raw producers (gatherers, hunters etc); secondary producers; butchers etc
In the Town Services - again sub-menus etc

If you don't see the green (& other colour) framed sub-menus, then a little helpdesk question time may help you out. :)

595b4904dff54_Screenshot5-201706181946-MMmenu.thumb.jpg.cae58bc295e92ecdeb98999e640e0f09.jpg

Still having problems?

- Are you running Banished 1.0.7?
- Are you running it in Steam, or from another downloaded site?

• Do you have the full MM download - sometimes the files can be cut off when being downloaded.

595b4388c3706_blmmsizepkmrar.jpg.18ccfab1217a5ebddb4547e3e3c033e7.jpg

• This is what should be in your Banished\WinData Folder:

595b4389c975f_blmmsizepkm.jpg.7bac694c2f39af7c3728cf91460ef418.jpg

• If you are running Banished 1.0.7 then you will need the Compatibility mod as well, and you will need to load it in the following order:
  • 1.0.7 Compatibility For MegaMod 0.07 v2
  • - MegaMod 0.07 ( MM)
  • - MegaMod DecoPack 0.07 - if you are using it

-----

When you've made sure you have all the files correct, load Banished.

1. Load Banished
  2. Enable both MM & MM Deco mods
  3. Press Ok
  4. Wait for the game to go to the main menu
  5. Exit the game completely (this is very important, it stops game crashes later)
  6. Load Banished
  7. Check the mods

Once you've done that, then start a new map, you should then see the sub-menu and new buildings available.

If there are still having problems, please let us know - and what steps you took, and what the problem is?
If you have a screenshot, that's important too! :D

1 person likes this

I'm trying to follow the directions presented here but I keep running into a black screen when trying to load MM and MM Deco Mods.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here since I've been following your directions

On 14/07/2017 at 7:14 AM, whitetiger2585 said:

...but I keep running into a black screen when trying to load MM and MM Deco Mods....

That probably means its still loading ... in my case i was able to go make a hot drink while I waited for it to go pass the black screen ... I'd give it about 10 minutes and see what happens remember you are trying to load over 2gb of data into a game its going to take time

same case can take 15mins man

The black screen load time heavily depends on free RAM.

Done some testing, monitoring load time & RAM usage.

With just CC&MM, Banished starts fairly quickly and my 8GB RAM usage is about 90%.

Adding some more mods, Maritimes Set, Blacksmith Tools, etc, RAM usage is near 100% and takes almost 3 times as long to load.

try turing off other programs that are running but you aren't using when playing.

Have you tried the minimise trick? When you get the black loading screen press the Windows key to minimise Banished. Keep it minimised until you hear the game music. This trick can dramatically reduce load times. I don't use megamod but I do use CC and a bunch of other mods and my game loads in about 1 minute. If I don't minimise it takes about 6 minutes.