Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Pilgrim

Modular question

With the coming of CC modular, will iron ore as a primary resource be a standalone or part of a industrial package along with other, minable resources? My suggestion is that, since it replaces iron as a surface resource it should be a standalone. What say you Kral?

Edited by The Pilgrim
Proper Grammer for once 😀

I'm not 100% sure.  My initial thought is that people who only want to use a single part of CC are deciding not to use full CC for a reason, so I shouldn't force them to use an aspect of CC that they didn't choose (within a single mod pack).  In the Dock Set, for instance: in the Dock Workshop in CC, it uses Iron Ore to create Rough Tools.  But in the standalone set, the Dock Workshop uses Iron to make Iron Tools.  I didn't want to force someone using the Dock Set standalone to also use the Iron Ore aspect of CC.

Except for some of the themed sets, I haven't figured out exactly what is going where and what things will look like. It's still all in a state of flux.

2 people like this

I'll see what I can come up with to help.  I have a whole lot of time on my hands as we just went through Hurricane Irma and won't have electricity back until at least Friday. So I am out of work for a few more days. 

1 person likes this

will the blacksmith mod still over ride the dock update to iron and alow us to make tools from the iron ore? though there are players who don't like the extra step the iron ore is more historically accurate.i would opt for a choice which the iron as iron mod already does.

It should. The blacksmith tools mod is self contained, so it should override the dock set and give you the iron ore option.

1 person likes this