Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Freija82

Not getting any nomads

Since I have updated CC to Journey I haven't got any nomads. I have played two different maps with this mod version. Same problem in both of them. I have build a Town hall a long time ago.

14 answers to this question

did you build a market and trading post? the mini mod will allow you to use just the mini townhall.normal

1 person likes this

I don't have a regural trading post. I have an "Old town trading post." Should I have a vanilla game trading post? I have several kinds of markets.

In Journey, you no longer need a Market or a Trading Post to get Nomads - just the Town Hall.  It can take several years for Nomads to come.  Note that Nomads can enter the map from all sides. If their way to the Town Hall requires them to cross streams or rivers that don't have bridges, they won't come.  

2 people like this

I have played 65 years already... No nomads. And the Town hall has been there several decades. I built some bridges cross streams some years ago and I don't see any reason why nomads wouldn't be able to walk across the map. It is a very watery map though - a swamp map.

Ok here are the pics. Red markings on the map = the bridges I've built.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Edited by Freija82

I've never played with this type of map. While it looks like you've got enough bridges so you should have some Nomads, I'm guessing that there are just too many obstacles (water) for Nomads to bother.  You might try placing a few other Nomad attracting buildings somewhere other in the middle of all those lakes.  There are several in Kralyerg's Kave, including Mini Buildings mod (has a small town hall) and using Many Town Arrival with Town Arrival Nomads.  Over at WorldofBanished.com you could try Kid1293's Tiny V1.4 Separate - the Nomad Well attracts Nomads every year. 

1 person likes this

Thanks a lot for your answer! I'll try those things. Actually I just got bored with this map and decided to try with a less watery map - let's see if I get lucky with nomads this time...

i think sometimes you gat a bad map draw.the game loads you a map but no matter what you get no nomads. doesn't happen often but i have seen maps do it.usually after you build the townhall,i would expect nomads in less  than 5 years. i have seen it go closer to 10 and once in a while you gte 0 no matter what you do.a bad luck of the draw issue.

Now this is annoying. Playing a new map - and again, no nomads. This time I picked this map (seed 999) mentioned in this post:

thinking that maybe a map that some people here have been playing might be a good map. But no. No nomads. I build town hall and bridges. A long dock crossing that big lake. And waited and waited.

I have never had this problem before CC: Journey. After installing that mod version I have seen 0 nomads. Played 3 maps.

So, what the hey, I tried X-lg map 999, Lake Waters, Northern Pines Easy using CC Journey 1.75. I used DeBug to plop down bridges (about 8 of them) over rivers and streams (did not place one across the lake).  I put the Town Hall to the south of the village next to a road that ran through a bridge to the land below. I wanted to make sure it was easy to get to.  Across the Bridge on the same road, I put Kid1293's Welcoming Statue which also draws Nomads. Using DeBug, I added enough people until I had 37 adults, 4 students and 13 children. I didn't have a trading post, but I did have an old Market (markets aren't required). Ran the town at 10X. In Late Spring of year 4, both sites got Nomads almost at the same time - 6 at the Town Hall and 9 at the Welcoming Statue.  

I don't know what to tell you. Worked for me. 

Finally!! After building a Welcoming statue on the other side of the big lake I was able to get some nomads. The town hall or the  nomad well (which should attract them every year) - no success. I built those two on the western side of the lake. And the statue on the eastern side.

xD

Edit: actually, right after getting them to the Statue I got another group to the well too.

Edited by Freija82
1 person likes this