Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

eumelbear

Taverns, Pubs & Inns

Hi there,

I have noticed that storage of luxury goods in any of the pub/ tavern/ inn buildings doesn't really seem to work?

I have to place a brewery right next to the pub or otherwise very, very few luxury products end up in the pub. And even when they are right next to each other, stock levels in the pub seem a bit low.

I have loads of luxuries stored elsewhere, just not where I assume they are of any use to anyone, so it's not that I am not producing enough.

Anyone else have a similar issue? What's, if there is one, the solution?

Thanks!

Eumelbear

25 answers to this question

Funny that, we were just discussing that issue elsewhere: luxuries being brought to markets instead of the tavern buildings. Guess you could say it's a "known issue". Probably not worth rolling out a new CC version for it, but a "fix" to load above might happen if Kralyerg spots what causes the problem and we bribe him with enough cookies. (No pressure Kralyerg! ;) )

Posted (edited)

Then we hope that the problem will be found soon. Maybe he can handle it once by changing Pups / taverns so that the things from the market are also delivered there. Then it does not matter if it is stored in the market.

How can one handle the problem for the time being? You discussed where else do you say. Do you have an interim solution?

Edited by dtmaster79

I've had some partial success in smuggling stuff into the tavern by temporarily setting my markets to have 0 vendor. Stuff that does get to the tavern stays there even once you get vendors back. Tavern people are apparently unable to get stuff from the market once it's there but if they get to it first, they keep it.

Maybe if the tavern is closer to the booze production than a market, it can get some of it regularly. I'll try it when I'm back to my place with my desktop. My laptop is running an unmodded Banished for giggles at the moment :P

(And the "elsewhere" was in DMs because I couldn't remember how/why luxuries were going to the market and if that was normal. It's not.)

I wonder if it could be that the luxuries flag was disabled for markets in previous versions of CC, but when more flags were added in the last version of Banished, it got accidentally re-added to the markets in the CC update.

Hi. Just wanted to chime in and say that I am also experiencing the issue of my luxuries getting stored (and stuck!) in markets. I'm running CC 1.75 without MegaMod. I am not currently running Ridiculous Storage, but if that offers a temporary quick fix for this problem, then perhaps I shall. Thanks! ;-)

So my issue with this was that the version of "Slightly Ridiculous Storage" I was using enabled markets to stock Luxuries. I updated it to the November 2017 version and rebuilt my markets, and things seem to work now.

I'd have sworn I had updated that mod in December, but I guess it had escaped my Big Cleanup And Update spree. :P

I don't know how it is with just CC 1.75, could be that there's a bit of an error but if you get one of the recently updated "Ridiculous Storage" mod loaded above CC, it should fix the issue once you rebuild the markets. There are versions of that mod that only increase the storage capacities by a littl bit, so it doesn't feel too "cheaty". ;)