Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ShockPuppet

Introductions & Updates

220 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I live in Canada. I've enjoyed Banished off and on for a few years now. It was exciting to see the latest version Journey was available and that got me playing again. Thanks to the Devs for your passion and hard work! Cheers!

2 people like this

Hello:

I am a native Texan now living in Illinois.  I fell in love with banish due to the old school ideal and creating villages.  I love the CC mod and the mega mods the most, but the mega mod crashes my game a lot.  I hope to see a full on druid set come out soon.  I have been playing simulation games since I was a teen and now that I am in my late 30s, I still cant get enough.  Thank you for the awesome mods and hope to see more in the future.

1 person likes this

Hi,

I live in England in an area called The Quantocks in Somerset.

I have been playing all sorts of games over the years but since I discovered Banished it’s become one of my firm favourites.

Looking forward to trying out all the various mods

2 people like this

Hey everyone,

I finally picked up Banished during this past Thanksgiving Steam sale, but I've been interested in the game for well over a year. I decided to take the plunge due to recently discovering its active modding community.

As for my own background, I'm from the Western US. I suppose I'm best known on the Internet as Exurbanite, an asset creator for Cities: Skylines...another game that I only play because of its huge modding scene. I have a passion for city builders since I'm an architecture student with a focus on historic preservation, so being able to create organic and highly detailed villages in Banished is very entertaining. Right now I'm only using CC, EB's village assets, and a few other things including buildings from The North, and so far it's highly addicting.

My only critique about the game so far is the lack of diagonal placement of buildings and the lack of true diagonal/curved paths. Idk if this limitation is hard-coded, but it's unfortunate that a game this great doesn't possess such a core feature of city-builders. 

Also, I hope MegaMod gets an update soon. Seems like a lot of great content in there. 

Edited by N_K
1 person likes this

you can check WOB  <world of banished > there are some diagnal sets. the rowhouse has a lot of diagnal houses.

1 person likes this

Hello all and thank you for having me here. I'm pretty new to Banished. I found about it by chance a couple of weeks ago, while browsing videos on Cities Skyline. Banished was mentioned in a comment, bought it and bamm I fell in love with it immediately!

I live in England but I was born in a country way way warmer... When I see my poor citizens endure the horrid weather I feel like one of them :D

I always had a preference for moddable games, I truly enjoy to see the creativity at work.

3 people like this

Hi all. I'm an American living in Finland for the last 10 years. My husband just introduced me to Banished and I am utterly hooked. While the kids are at school, I'm playing Banished. :) I usually only play RPGs and The Sims so this is a new kind of game for me. Loving it. The CC mod really brought it to life. I just need to stop getting ahead of myself and expanding my city before it's ready. I keep sending poor builders to their deaths. o.O

3 people like this

Welcome to all the new members.

Great to see so many people finding Banished and this forum :)

Edited by KevinTheCynic
Adding welcome
1 person likes this

JDTucker a father of 3 and still just wanna game.

2 people like this

Good morning.

I come from the middle of Germany and recently reinstalled Banished after neglecting it for a few years. Found Colonial Charter on the Steam Workshop and followed the trail here.

As a gamer, there is interest in a wide variety of games - simulation games (Pharaoh was one of my first games), games with well-written stories (Mass Effect 2 and Witcher 3 come to mind, for examples) and, for something completely different, also not-so-serious games like Serious Sam (also for nostalgic reasons).

2 people like this

Hi everyone!

My name is Andy & I live near London UK.

long-time user of city build/strategy games with various mods although not clever/tech savvy enough to produce my own.

Really impressed with Banished mods that give the game such immersive entertainment value over original.

2 people like this

Hi everyone

My name is Krasi and I am from Sofia, Bulgaria.

I like to build my towns as efficient as possible.

1 person likes this

Howdy,

I have been watching this game for a while and picked it up during the steam sale. I was curious about the modding community, so I came here!

1 person likes this

Hi everyone!

I've been a fan of strategy and city/base/empire building games since the good old days of the very first Civilization, Dungeon Keeper, and Master of Orion. I still have Cesar IV and Evil Genius installed on my computer. I picked up Banished right at release, and I've been greatly enjoying CC and the various other mods by folks in this community over the years. I recently returned to Banished after (once again) getting bored with other games, and I joined this site in order to download the latest version of MM (I used to just get my mods directly through Steam). I'm not much on socializing, even online, but I wanted to take a moment and say how impressed I am with all the work that has gone into these mods. Thank you!

Edited by xsgenefuzz
typo
2 people like this

Welcome to the mayhem everyone!

2 people like this

Hi, my name's Christina.  I'm a stay-at-home mum and retired teacher.  Loved Banished but never really looked into the mods until recently. I have some problems with CC so I looked for a place to find the answers and stumbled in here.  Pleased to meet you all.

2 people like this

Hello New Forum!

I live in Piemonte, ITALY with my five cats pet and  I am single mam.I love all kinds of games, especially management.

2 people like this

Hello,

I live in Texas with my 4 dogs and my son. I am not what you would call an avid gamer, but do enjoy the relaxing escape from reality on occasion. I typically find one game I like and stay with it for years. I played RuneScape for 15 years. Now I am into Banished and hope to stick with it. Things got a bit boring after a while, so I am trying to spice things up with this Mega Mod, but it isn't proving to be relaxing. I joined this forum to get some help.

2 people like this

Hello all,

My name is Roger and I played Banished for some time, I really love i!t and i was so excited when I discovered Colonial Charter Mod too!

You guys have done a really god job ^_^

Right now i'm trying to figure out how to mod, so I guess i'll be reading this forum for some time since it seems so useful.

If I ever manage to do one, even a small modification,  will be because you insperd me!

Thanks to all who worked in this amazing Mod!

Cheers :)

3 people like this