Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ShockPuppet

Introductions & Updates

234 posts in this topic

I think that most of us mod-addicts already fill our need for new shiny things both here and on WoB. ;)

Welcome to all the new faces!

1 person likes this

Hello!

Im a west-coast Canadian who wants to build digital homes in digital woods while i live in a real home it the real woods to simulate the life I already enjoy. I like dogs, scones, and villagers who don't dawdle. IT PUTS THE DAWDLERS IN THE QUARRY.

Now to install the megamod and watch this semester drain away.

2 people like this

hey guys, sorry i missed this until yesterday. my name is Scot (yes only 1 t :)). i'm 42 going on 15 & i'm from nottingham, uk. 

i've been 'into' computers longer than some of you on here have been alive but didn't really get into the gaming side until i upgraded my spectrum+2a to an amiga 600 when i was about 16. it was at this point that i discovered the world of settlers3 & was instantly hooked. i stumbled on sid meiers colonization a couple of years later & found my latest addiction. 

i bought myself a copy of sid's civ:beyond earth when that was released in 2014 & introduced my sister to it not long after. we played together online until late last year when she decided that we needed a new game to play & started scouring steam for something we could play, which is how she stumbled upon & introduced me to banished & well........ game installed 13/1/18, at the time of writing this post (24/2/18) im upto 482 hours of game time & doubt it'll stop climbing anytime soon :)

my only other 2 major addictions (games wise at least ;)) are sensible soccer 2006, another amiga kickback, & i'm also a massive GTA nut (3/vice/san andreas/4+liberty city & 5). i hate to think of how much of my life has been "wasted" running around the various citys doing absolutely nothing :)

fyi, if i seem to ramble on (which i feel sure i do sometimes) then feel free to skip read through what i've written & just pick out the pertinent facts, or just ignore me totally if you prefer. i tend to do this because my use of the english language isn't always the best despite it being my 1st language, my brain works far too logically for grey areas of which there's far too many in this language of ours!! give me numbers to play with, i'm much happier :)

i'm going to stop writing now (see comment above ;)) & i'm starting to get banished withdrawals.

saf

p.s. if my posts make no sense to you then feel free to say so. offending me isn't something that happens often.

Edited by saf75
1 person likes this

Hello! I am from Delaware and have been playing this game for about a year. I joined to hopefully learn more about the game.

2 people like this

Hello, first of all a big thank you to all modders !

My name is Julien aka VXL, I live in sunny south of France and I'm an avid fan of city builders. I played nearly all of them since the first of the genre : SimCity in 1989, but I keep going back to Banished. I played vanilla on and off for quite a long time and recently found myself in need of a change. I still have to give a try to Colonial Charter hence the reason why I'm here today.

Edit : my english is not very good so don't be surprised if you see me editing all my messages, most of the time it's simply to correct my bad grammar and spelling (plus I'm a perfectionist).

Edited by VXL
grammar and spelling
4 people like this

Thank you very much! Are you RedKetchup from World of Banished.info? I'm a fan :)

1 person likes this

Well, nice to meet you and respect! :hand16:

2 people like this

Hey everyone,

I'm usually not very talkative and mostly just creep around forums and read stuff, but I thought, since I'm new here and for a fresh start, I'd introduce myself. :)

I'm an Informatics student from Germany and I love many different games from Banished (of course) over Elder Scrolls and Fallout to Serious Sam, Command & Conquer and back to the ANNO series. With Banished I started back in the days of 2014, but it didn't last long. Some months ago I gave it another go and now I'm somewhat addicted. As I knew that there are Mods for this game, I decided to lurk the Nexus sites a bit. Eventually, I stumbled upon CC and the MegaMod and I wanted to know more aaaaand that's basically how I ended here. 

Now I'm playing with MegaMod and I'm still a bit overwhelmed sometimes, so you may expect some questions from me in the future. :D I might try modding myself one day (already got experiences with modding Gothic and The Elder Scrolls games as well as general programming knowhow due to my studies and hobbies).

2 people like this

Welcome to all the new members.

You'll find a diverse crowd of people here from many different places in the world. Some of us are young and some old, some of us are new to computer gaming and some of us are old hands at PC games, some of us only play a small selection of game genres and some of us like a wide range of genres, some of us are here on a regular basis and some of us just drop by every now and then but we all have one tihng in common... we all love Banished.

You'll find plenty here to amuse and/or inform you so wander through the various threads and don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have. :)

2 people like this

*waves* Hello all! Long time gamer, and lurker. I have been gaming for some time now, everything from MMO's to first person shooters, PC to console. My all time faves are builder games such as Cities Skylines and Banished. 

I just wanted to send out a thanks to all of the modders out there who have added so much to this wonderful game, and thanks muchly to the wonderful people who provide a place to share ideas and a simple love of gaming.

3 people like this

Hi, how's it going!

I'm LamentedGuide (tl;dr just call me Guide). I played Banished like a year ago and got all the mileage I could out of it, then put it down for a while. Just tried Life is Feudal: Forest Village and found it FAR inferior to Banished, so I'm here to see what all the fuss about MM and CC is about xD

I also love other city-building/civ games like Civilization, Stellaris, and Rimworld. 

1 person likes this

Hello. I live in California. I love Banished! I look forward to trying out all your mods!

1 person likes this

Welcome to the madness everyone! :D

Hi guy's 

I'm a newbay just got the CC:1.75 and MegaMod 8 but not sure what other mods work best so any help would be greatfully appreciated :)

Hey everyone!  My name is Don and live in Kansas.  I've traveled extensively throughout the U.S., partly because of my jobs and because I wanted to get out.  I grew up in a time when traveling outside America was a luxury which is why I didn't take trips like so many do now.  I also love to read and am a new student to American History which makes me love this game too.  My other hobbies include baking, cooking, bird watching and doing jigsaw puzzles.  I've played many types of games but the original SimCity (the old one) got me hooked in city building and simulations.  Thanks so much to all the modders who have made Banished into what it is today.

2 people like this

Hey all. Been playing Banished for a bit now, after a few games thought I'd check out the Colonial Charter mod. I enjoy Banished, but I play most anything but Call of Duty type shooters and sports games. Just finished the original God of War's trophy list on my Playstation, for instance. I have three cats, they're all adorable little jerks. 

2 people like this