Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ShockPuppet

Introductions & Updates

238 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

Uni student from NZ, always been interested in military strategy games. Got gifted Banished and have been loving it. Recently realised that there are mods and that they are awesome (looking at you, colonial charter... nice job guys).

Interested in learning how to make mods for banished, I have some ideas of things I'd like to try...

Only on 100hr game time so still learning heaps 😂

Edited by Tom Thumb
1 person likes this

welcome in banished :)

Hello all.  Here from Orlando, FL.  45 years old.  Been a gamer since Pong.  PC gamer since King's Quest I.

Registered here in order to understand Megamod.  I have lots of annoying questions to ask ;)

2 people like this

43 minutes ago, Xaosmaster said:

Hello all.  Here from Orlando, FL.  45 years old.  Been a gamer since Pong.  PC gamer since King's Quest I.

Registered here in order to understand Megamod.  I have lots of annoying questions to ask ;)

I started with King's Quest myself!

2 people like this

Hello!  I also am from Orlando.  I started with King's Quest II.

I purchased and played banished a few years ago but got bored and went back to Dwarf Fortress.  I'm trying Banished again and am just starting with CC.

Thanks for your work!

Soupcan

3 people like this

Hello everyone, Black jack here from Brazil, 36 years old, playing all kinds of games, but mainly RTS, builders of cities and strategy in general.

2 people like this

Thank you all for kind welcome. I enjoy Banished - modded - even with its trial and error approach to learning to play well.

@Banished: Play Colonial Charter 175 (now 176) with minor mods added, mainly additional bridges, and the larger families mod.  Most recently I came across Red Ketchup's Editor's Choice - trying the FULL version (loaded before CC) as I am enthralled with the canal options and green houses. One question: is there a summary anywhere of the new buildings, production chains introduced by Editor's Choice? I've looked - nada.

@ me: Just retired from helping professional career. Upstate NY, (Canadian border), considering moving to NYC, as I am finally (finally!! yea!!) doing what I love, writing screen plays. Five done so far. One screen play is a sequel - novel and episodic versions also partially done.

@ other games I play and/or mod (fairly often):

Children of the Nile (sandbox like Banished). Like the H.O.R.U.S graphic mod.

Elder Scroll games: Morrowind - Cyrodiil ("typically called "Oblivion") - Skyrim.

Fallout: 2, 3, New Vegas, 4 (took my graduate degree in Boston - so 4 is quite nostalgic).

Universe.

Fallen Enchantress.

Europa Universalis.

Two older games I played that I feel were (are) outstanding:

Torment.

Mask of the Betrayer.

I hope this is sufficient for an introduction to these forums.

1 person likes this

hello. first off, frances you forgot to tell us what you eat for breakfast. i eat lunch for breakfast. 

i'm 99% sure i bought banished the week of release. after a couple false starts, in the last week i've gotten 83% of the acheivements. just wanna finish up the hard ones before i dig in to colonial charter. 

i like to listen to otava yo, falkenbach, and skalmold while i play banished, hexcells infinite, they are billions, yadda yadda yadda. 

also, i'm dying to know where you pulled my avatar from. kinda happy i don't have to dig through old hard drives to find it again. 

1 person likes this

Hello everyone, here from Spain, 36 years old. I love Banished, and I love megamod.

2 people like this

Hi I'm just getting started. I'm a 70 year young grandmother and love doing new things with my kids and husband. this seemed to be a fun game so here I am.

3 people like this

Hi,

I live in Queensland, Australia, am new to banished but love city building games and resource collecting games eg Kingdom and Castles, Stronghold, RTS base building games eg starcraft, age of empires.

I was wondering is there campaign or scenarios to banished; or is it like kingdom and castles where the aim is to build the largest town possible?

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, MalgyD said:

I was wondering is there campaign or scenarios to banished; or is it like kingdom and castles where the aim is to build the largest town possible?

Happy Banishing!

No campaign, no mission, no unlocking of tech trees or anything like that in Banished. Everything is available right from the start, IF you have the right materials to build it. Mods add some an artificial feeling of progress by making building stuff have requirements produced by a chain of other buildings, so you need to build them in order (unless you are lucky and traders bring you just whatyou need, when you need it).

Hello long time Banished player.  Can't wait to try The Journey 1.76. Have all the previous CC Mods. Love them.

Thanks to the Team for making these! Big Thumbs Up!

Hi,

To introduce myself I'm Norwalker. I live in the U.S. in California. Strategy, simulation, and specifically city builders are my favorites 

I've been playing Banished since it first went live. I admit I'm not much of poster because I use my time on the game. Usually someone else has already posted what I want to say and said it better.

I will say however my interest in Banished  without the addition of mods to the game. Especially CC and all of Black Liquid's mods. Thanks for the great work y'all have put in!