Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ShockPuppet

Introductions & Updates

111 posts in this topic
6 minutes ago, rejectedegg said:

But my Favorite Map still is my first experience with All The Wild Things and all those cows I got ran over with.  :D

Could you make a post in the Funny Sightings section with that picture, its hilarious :D

We arent going anywhere. Thanks for the kind words also :)  

3 people like this

16 minutes ago, ShockPuppet said:

Could you make a post in the Funny Sightings section with that picture, its hilarious :D

We arent going anywhere. Thanks for the kind words also :)  

Sure!  Would be happy to :)

It's up :)

Edited by WatersMoon110
Combined Double Post
4 people like this

22 hours ago, PredatorBeing said:

Getting back into CC. About two weeks ago I jumped onto Banished and removed all the mods and refused to do anything else until I got all the achievements.(Becoming a little bit of an achievement whore) Can't even begin to tell you how much I have missed specialized stockpiles. Once I got 100% I stopped and downloaded the Mega Mod. Now I'm moving at a snail pace, so overwhelming, so much stuff. Kind of stuck dropping railroad tracks right now, grew up down the street from a railroad yard, so I'm a fan of anything trains. But we're going to get there, one building at a time. Or die trying. :(

I'm from the center of the states, just outside Kansas City. Kansas side of course, hell yeah! Pretty much play anything that offers single player, from city builder to rts to simple clicking games. Quit multiplayer games because I find a large majority of that crowd just pisses me off these days. Glad to see CC still around. Came across a post somewhere asking about CC site being down, I thought we lost ya, had to investigate. Thanks for all the hard work and dedication over the years. Hard to believe Banished is coming up on 3 years old already. 

Ahh trains... I'm an amateur train-game fan, played only a few over the years with my last obsession being Train Fever and my latest obsession being the sequel game Transport Fever.

I understand exactly what you mean with MMO's, I've played a few over the last 17 years and I typically find the same reason in all of them for why I stop playing - a lot of the other players are jerks who believe your sole reason for existing is to be used by them to get what they want from the game.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, TuffDwarf said:

Hello to all

I am a 76 yr old woman who came to gaming rather later in life than most of you.  I fell in love with Might and Magic 2 back in '84, and played all the MM's and then all the Heroes up until Ubisoft got their hands on the franchise....  In '97 I was introduced to GemStone 3/4, an online text based MMORPG, and played that for 15 years. Steam came into my life in 2008 and I haven't looked back since.  I've only been playing Banished for about 200 hours and haven't dared try CC yet as the one time I looked at it I knew it was way over my head until I got the base game down.  I'm feeling like in another 50 hours or so I might try CC.  LOL  I've lurked a bit on the other forums, but decided it was time to join up.

I'm English by birth, have lived all over the world, been in the US far too long and since my son lives in Australia and has an Aussie wife, I am considering going to live there.  (Especially after the recent election!)  Virginia is my present base.

:) You might have started later in life than most of us but in terms of date, you started before I did. I only started with computer games in the late 1990s (I think it was 1997 or 98) so you've got a lot more experience in them than I have! :D

2 people like this

1 minute ago, ShockPuppet said:

I played Transport Tycoon in high school obsessively. TTD was the only game I played for at least a year, followed by Ascendancy. In HS I had binged on Master of Orion, Civilization, UFO Enemy Unknown and Populous. So many great games. I miss being of that age where all I could do is play games with my friends on holidays, feels like a lifetime ago.

Hehehe, I can understand the feeling, I got bitten by the video game bug when a friend introduced me to the Super Nintendo console with Syndicate and the original X-Com. And then I found the Sim City on the NIntendo and my love of city building games began. I actually "chucked a sickie"* the day after I first played Sim City so that I could spend the entire day playing it before returning the cartridge from the rental store I got it from.

I never saw a lot of computer games when they were released because I wasn't involved with computers much at the time so I completely missed games like Transport Tycoon. My first railroad game was Chris Sawyer's Locomotion and then the game Transport Giant (and then later the earlier released Industry Giant by the same publisher). I've tended to judge any potential new railway games based on my experience with those two games because they gave me the one thing that many other railway simulation games did not - the ability to build the transport network (sort of like the way you build up a town in a city builder game)

* "Chucked a sickie" is Australian slang for taking a day off from work by claiming to be ill.

3 people like this