Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ShockPuppet

Introductions & Updates

148 posts in this topic
On 12/12/2016 at 3:11 AM, Queen Alysandra said:

...I wish I was a modder and/or game designer because I have TONS of ideas, but no skill to do them. I love CC and Banished and world building in general...

You'd be surprised what the uninitiated can accomplish!

The problem I have is I'm no artist.

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, ShockPuppet said:

LOL :D

See, I'm under the impression everyone can code!  I could never understand why people can't!

4 people like this

uwe dont speak WIZARD" cause we get frustrated and tired of fighting the comp gremlins. cause we'd have no time to play the game either then. cause the enviromentalists got mad for us throwing all our comps away after we got frustrated. cause comps are haunted and we dont talk like priests...........

2 people like this

Hello from Holland

Sassem here longtime lurker of the CC forums and a  Banished/CC enthusiastic  +800 hrs playtime

ps  i heard about  plans  of a totally new banished  style game in development is that still going on?

I will also take this opportunity  to thank the CC modders and testers that did stick tons of hours in testing/coding/designing  and all the people that came with all the good ideas for this

you guys are the reason that  i still playing this game

Edited by Sassem
forgot something
4 people like this

Hello everyone.

I'm Adit from indonesia, i like to play city building game like banished and still don't know what to do after graduate from collage.

4 people like this

Hi Y'all! 

Okay... now that we've gotten the stereotypical southern USA greeting out of the way, I'm Azure Lyrrix. I loved Banished when it came out, but stopped playing after a few months. 

Then Keralis started playing with the MegaMod so I re-downloaded the base game. From there I discovered the shared playthrough by NobleRambler, Vaypah Gaming, and Nightghost49. After watching a couple episodes, I knew I had to start playing with the MegaMod... so here I am. I'll probably ask a bunch of questions and make some suggestions here and there if I find something I'd like to have or think would work well with other features.

I've been playing for a couple days, getting used to the mods, and thus far I've avoided cheating in buildings... although I'm tempted to create a start based around the Old Castle storage building.

Here's my current build "Runnewing" (in which I've learned that 10x18 fields are much more effective than 11x11.) Runnewing City (Imgur Image Upload)

1 person likes this

Hi @Azure Lyrrix Do you know about the Size Calculator for Banished found at the Banished Info site? It lists the output values for various sizes of pasture, crop and orchard fields. You drag your cursor over the grid provided and the info box tells you the production output, number of workers or number of animals and so on.

I've found that you need to experiment a little with some sizes if you use certain mods (such as Colonial Charter) because they change the density of the field (for example, the dense orchard from CC has its best land use and production when made as a 5x15 field - that's not to say it has the best food production, I've found that this size is a good food producer without any wasted land use).

http://banishedinfo.com/t/Size_calculator/crops

Edited by KevinTheCynic
clarifying some info
1 person likes this