Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ShockPuppet

Introductions & Updates

137 posts in this topic

Hi :)

I'm new here and french (so, please, be indulgent with my not totally good english :/:) but you can correct me, I'm in an english community to learn, too :)

I like the Banished game since his release but I'm not a big player. I play one hour a day, one hour a week, or not at all for a long time. So, I often do a new game, lol ! And, I never finish a CC mod xD

But I really like CC mods :)

I'm not a modder, just a totally fan of Black Liquid Team work on Banished game.

So, nice to meet you all ;)

3 people like this

Ooohhh, un(e) autre français(e)!!!!

2 people like this

Hi Everyone

I have used the site for a couple of months now and never introduced myself. Im Malc from the Midlands here in England. Love Banished, and similar ilk. Like it better than the likes of Cities Skylines as you can build the exact building you want, rather than just zoning. If I could take one thing from Cities and put it into Banished, it would be curving paths or at least angled paths. Would make the game more realistic than hrizontal/vertical paths.

4 people like this

Hi there I'm Aaliyah from the UK, I play all sorts of games, Fallout 4, The Sims, Mass Effect, Call of Duty, Need for Speed and Dragon Age and so many more.  got into watching playthroughs of Banished on YouTube, so I bought the game, and played the vanilla version of banished for a while then I got the Colonial Charter mod, and now finally the MegaMod, which is amazing.  So thats me.  

3 people like this

Don't know if it's the right spot but i've an issue with the game.

I've Banished 1.07 + cc 1.75 and megamod 0.07 (downloded from BL site) but when ill try to enable all turn red?

Should i enable only megamod? 

They turn red because the mods have code that effects the same things; it doesn't mean they won't work together.  Use the Compatibility mod and put it 1st :)

feral camels! sounds terrifying 😨

2 people like this

Hi everyone :)

Yep, Vrayna ! Vive la France xD

Française ou français ? (pure curiosité)

Mon anglais n'est pas trop moche ? xD

3 people like this

I'm a disabled navy vet with a traumatic brain injury I love to play building games it helps  and I live in malibu ca and I think you guys make  the best add-ons for this game

2 people like this

Hi all,

Just signed up as I am about to purchase Banished on Steam, however saw lots and lots of references to using mods to make it much better. Now A) I am not used to mods so don't know much about them, B) not sure on whether I should be looking at the Megamod or CC and C) I know I will enjoy and lose hundreds of hours to vanilla game (even though yet to purchase) so am I completely barking mad!!! D) should I just play vanilla 1st and mod later to get full game xp??? thoughts welcome.

1 hour ago, MightyMouse said:

should I just play vanilla 1st and mod later to get full game xp

Absolutely :)

And Welcome!

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, MightyMouse said:

should I just play vanilla 1st and mod later to get full game xp?

1 hour ago, ShockPuppet said:

Absolutely :)

I'd agree with that... play vanilla first to get a feel of the Banished world, play some of the "achievements" which are like an extended tutorial... you can always start with mods later, they won't run away...  ;)

And it makes finding answers to questions (which you will definitely have) a lot easier  :)

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Paeng said:

I'd agree with that... play vanilla first to get a feel of the Banished world, play some of the "achievements" which are like an extended tutorial... you can always start with mods later, they won't run away...  ;)

And it makes finding answers to questions (which you will definitely have) a lot easier  :)

Game purchased, just need to finish work so I can get home and play.... cheers will go kill all my peeps in vanilla first

3 people like this

I played vanilla to begin with, it is a good place to start but it doesn't last long, I couldn't even wait to do the acheivements before I was craving extra content. I am now up to date on the mods and everything is working tickety-boo. The options are vast and sometimes tricky and the decoration selection is amazing. My general mistake with the MM and CC mods is producing everything I need because I want to build EVERYTHING and finding that the traders offer nothing that I'm not producing myself so things like bedding, trade animals and jade statues start clogging up storage instead of being traded. I now always leave a few things to get from the traders like roof tiles, and you can never have too many bricks.
Welcome @MightyMouse @f14d83 @Kedryn, et bienvenue @Althenais (mon français est horrible, désolé)

On 11/05/2017 at 9:52 PM, Althenais said:

Française ou français ? (pure curiosité)

Mon anglais n'est pas trop moche ? xD

FrançaisE! Et en vacance, donc pas très présente ici :P

Pour l'anglais, ça m'a l'air de rouler. Surtout si je regarde le machin qu'on me demande d'éditer aujourd'hui, et qui est pourtant écrit par un Irlandais... Yikes.

Guess I should say hi, since I just made my profile. :) Long time lurker here as well, on the old site and on a couple of other Banished sites. I've played city builders since the original SimCity, and I was thrilled when Banished came out. It was a completely different experience, and I was sucked in immediately. I started playing CC on, I think, the New Frontier? Possibly the version before that. Every time a new version comes out, I get giddy and my husband doesn't see me for a few days. Thanks to all the modders for everything you do to bring added enjoyment to the game!

1 person likes this