Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

estherhb

MegaMod 8 - Mods Included

34 posts in this topic

Hi guys !

When this version of the MegaMod will be in Steam Workshop ?

Thanks by advance for your answer.

Biz.

Shanty :)

17 hours ago, Althenais said:

When this version of the MegaMod will be in Steam Workshop ?

When MM8 is no longer being playtested and all of the "bugs" are fixed :)  If you need help downloading MM8 from here and putting it in your WinData folder, let us know.  A lot of the best mods, here and on WorldofBanished.com are never posted in the Steam Workshop.

Hi,

Ok ! So, I surely want the MM8, your mods are so great !

So, I download the file and just put it on the windata folder of my steam game folder, yes ?

You download the file. This is a compressed .rar file. You need to extract the .pkm files (there are 3 in the folder). There are several programs that do that such as WinRAR and 7-Zip. 7-Ziip is free from the internet.  You can extract the files directly to your Banished > WinData folder or move them there.  Then go into Banished to the Mods screen and check all 3 - they will turn red because they all affect the same code in the game.  To prevent crashes, be sure to exit Banished completely. Then go back in and you can start a new game.  Let us know if you need more help.  It's well worth the effort!

1 person likes this

Ok ! thanks for your explanations :)

I'll try and tell you :)

1 person likes this

Hi !

Is it normal Journey 1.75 turn red when I check MM8 3 parts ?

Uncheck Journey  - it is included in MM8.  (Red only indicates that the two mods affect the same code.)

1 person likes this

Ok ! Oh ! This is so cool !

Thanks to you :)

2 people like this

Wow... it's great to have everything so organized.   Thank you for all the work in creating this.   

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Hi !

Have a question !

In the MegaMod (the 8. Don't know if it's on an other pack or an other solo mod), the debug menu is very helpful, but I want to know something : What's the using of Customs Items (1 to 9)? How can we use it?

Edited by Althenais

32 minutes ago, Althenais said:

What's the using of Customs Items (1 to 9)? How can we use it?

That kind of broken, but only Luke, the creator of Banished, could fix it.  It's supposed to let you add the new limit items (Minerals, Construction, etc) to your storage.  But it doesn't work how it's supposed to. :(

Ok, thanks for the answer :)

I tried to use it and noticed never work, so it was a little bit confusing :/

Can someone talk about that with Luke or it's not possible (in general, not really a demand, even it'll be cool if it work some day)? I see on the official website/forum it has a support part but I have no access, can't register, just Sign In, so I'm out...

Maybe someone already talked about that with him... Really don't know...

He's been asked to fix it but so far hasn't.

1 person likes this

Is there a way of switching on/off any of the mods within the pack?  I'm just coming back to the game after more than a year away, and the plethora of building options is doing my head in!  Ideally I'd like to start with a few of the mod authors switched in, and then add them progressively as I become more familiar with navigating through the building trees.  Or would I have to swtich back to loading the mods myself if I want that?

Thanks!

Sorry, you can't "turn off" a portion of MegaMod since it is a single mod. You will need to individually load just those mods you would like to play with. If you have any trouble locating those mods, let us know.

Just a question : what's a trade animal? What's the useful of trade animals?

Have Llamas and Trade Leghorns. Llamas live long et reproduce, but my Trade Leghorns all died...

@Althenais  Kralyerg 1st created Trade Horses for those of us who wanted to use horses but didn't want our people eating horse meat.  Later, he expanded this so there are "trade" versions of all livestock.  "Trade" versions go in a pasture and need a Herdsman just like other livestock. However at the point where regular livestock are slaughtered for food, the Trade livestock are sent to a barn. Each is worth quite a bit and make great trade items. 

Without more info, I'm not sure why your Trade Leghorns died but here's some general info that may apply:  Livestock age. If you leave them at a trading post too long, they will die. If you move them to a pasture after they have been at a trading post for awhile, they may still die without breeding. If you only have 1-2 animals in a pasture, they may die before they breed. I've used just 1 before successfully, but it isn't a good idea. 4 is safer.  

Posted (edited)

Mh. Ok ! They were 6-7 on a 10 places pasture. I let us on the Trading post just the time to make the pasture.

Bah ! Don't know why they died but the one I had die too, so... xD

I'll do better next time :)

Thanks for your quick answer :)

Edited by Althenais
1 person likes this