Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Vrayna

MegaMod 8 beta discussion / bug reports

45 posts in this topic

Yay! New Megamod! Thanks Kralyerg!!

But but but... I've JUST started a new town! Those poor 25 people are going to be abandoned in their 4th Banished Year! So cruel! Oh well. Time for some newer shinier things.

:face48:

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Vrayna said:

But but but... I've JUST started a new town!

I don't think that's considered a bug. :P

2 people like this

It definitely bugs me though! o.O

Just kidding. As a Serial Restarter, I'm always delighted when I have a good reason to Doom a village to TornadoChaosDeath. :face48:

1 person likes this

My question is, how to download it? I feel confused.

2 minutes ago, DesoPL said:

My question is, how to download it? I feel confused.

It's one .rar with 3 .pkm files in it.

You can download it here (download button is on the middle upper right of the page)

Edited by SoulBlythe

First, thank you so much for doing all this work, Kralyerg!

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but there is no Pickup button on the vanilla crop field.  The only other crop field I could find that offers the option is the CC transparent one. 

Edited by Goblin Girl
Clarity

And you are saying DO NOT use the Compatibility mod from Luke?

Im using the latest CC, also NoSmoke, Legalized Marijuana, and Port Royal.

Edited by Johntodd

1 hour ago, Johntodd said:

Luke has never made a compatibility mod.  I made a 1.0.7 compatibility mod for MegaMod 7.

CC 1.75 doesn't need the compatibility mod and MM 8 doesn't need it.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Johntodd said:

Im using the latest CC, also NoSmoke, Legalized Marijuana, and Port Royal.

You don't need Legalized Marijuana mod as it is included in MM8.  Port Royal wasn't included because Necora did not provide the code for his mods - maybe he will for the next update.

1 person likes this

I tried 7Zip, and 3 programs from Microsoft Store.  None could open this file.  All could open previous megamod download files.

I'm not sure why some people can't open it.

7zip opens it for me.  I did create it with WinRAR.  For some reason RAR files have always compressed PKM files way better than ZIP does.

zQ4w96A.png

I just made a ZIP file, and it's 2.27 GB, as opposed to the 1.25 GB that the RAR file is.  And some of us don't have unlimited internet.

Is there a comparable compression format to RAR that 7zip can make natively?  I'm not married to the RAR format, I just like the filesize it makes, but as far as I can tell, 7zip can't actually create RARs.

I "obtained" a copy of winrar that successfully opened the original file.  I still cannot get any of the previous 5+ other programs to open the original file.

I used 7-Zip to extract the files. It created a MegaMod08.Beta1 folder, containing the 3 extracted .pkm files. Those can be moved into your Banished>WinData Folder.  I expected I would get 3 individual files - not a folder - so I at first assumed it didn't work. Fortunately, I noticed the folder had been created.

I updated my version of 7zip and rebooted my computer.  7zip is now able to unzip the file.

The other programs from the Microsoft store are still unable to open the file.  The other programs from the microsoft store are still able to open previous versions of Megamod.

EDIT  I understand how the file size and things matter.  I will give zipping it a try later and seeing if I can have any better luck.  For now, I'd like to give it a try :)

Edited by smurphys7

5 hours ago, Goblin Girl said:

First, thank you so much for doing all this work, Kralyerg!

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but there is no Pickup button on the vanilla crop field.  The only other crop field I could find that offers the option is the CC transparent one. 

yep, wanted to post that too, but someone already did it heheh

I do have another thing though, look at the picture I attached. The blacksmith screen has been changed, and it looks quite silly now.... it was just fine before 

blacksmith.jpg

18 minutes ago, Sabouma said:

I do have another thing though

Yes, that's a little bug.

18 minutes ago, Sabouma said:

it was just fine before

That doesn't mean anything.  Things that were 100% perfect before might be slightly altered now.  There's just too many things to check, hence the beta. :)

good point, friend.... good point ;-)

I will update this post with things as I find them

• Hard difficulty starts with 0 Firewood.  (100 unmodded)
  • Adam and Eve starts with 0 Firewood. I'm not sure what it started with before.  The Storage Cart may not be setup to store fuel. (not tested that yet)
Edited by smurphys7

I've been playing this since this morning, and report no problems.  Nice and smooth.

Just want to say a big huge thank you for all the hard work.

-Johntodd

P.S. However, I hate the community toolbar.  Everything has been moved!

39 minutes ago, smurphys7 said:

starts with 0 Firewood.

Oh you're right.  Somehow, when updating the Storage Cart to accept the new flags, Fuel got removed.