Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kralyerg

MegaMod 8 Beta 2 Discussion / Bug Reports

101 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, phyllidadavenport said:

There seems to be an issue with the new starting conditions Peak Plains Peak Valley Harsh Plateau etc

If I send labourers out to get stone or lumber, they become homeless !! Took me a while of continually building homes thinking I needed them before I realised that people were becoming homeless when working and houses were standing empty until they came back after collecting stone etc. Frustrating! And it seems there's always 1 child wandering around homeless no matter what I do

Sorry I can't remember who modded these new lands & conditions

Starting conditions tell the game what the map should look like, they do not contain code that would cause anyone to become homeless.  Sounds like you may be sending your people too far away to collect stone or logs.  Children become homeless when the parent they followed becomes homeless. A picture would help.

Vrayna has a good question re One Year is One Year. It's one of the mods that can cause this sort of problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Discrepancy > DS Stone Bridge >  Stone Bridge Tiny Underhouse

seems to be possibly causing a CTD after a save, quit, and load of the map. I reloaded with no issue from a save before adding the structure. 


 

Edited by SoulBlythe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoulBlythe said:

Discrepancy > DS Stone Bridge >  Stone Bridge Tiny Underhouse

seems to be possibly causing a CTD after a save, quit, and load of the map. I reloaded with no issue from a save before adding the structure. 


 

Thanks for pointing this out. Kralyerg will take a look at the code and fix this in the next beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I am unable to build Blast Furnace from DS Mods (Big building to create fuel, located beside coke oven in building chart). I don't have anything else iinstalled except megamod 8 beta2. When I try to build it, builders won't come near site to build it, even though I have sufficient resource to build it. I tried debug mode zero build cost and it still won't build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is odd. I removed all mods except for MM8 beta 2 and inedible grains/meat/fruits. Are there any sources that produce oats automatically?

I only have one crop so far, which is corn but my inventory shows over 10k of oats...

 

oats.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tamras said:

this is odd. I removed all mods except for MM8 beta 2 and inedible grains/meat/fruits. Are there any sources that produce oats automatically?

I only have one crop so far, which is corn but my inventory shows over 10k of oats...

Someone please correct me if I am wrong; but one or a few of the mods within offer flax and oats as part of the wild growth picked up from gathers and clearing resources.

Edited by SoulBlythe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like someone already bring you about Blast Furnace bug, so here is another bug report. Tin Ore shaft is indestructible. Once you remove it, it will leave permanent left over mark, and you can't build anything over it. Not even flatten tool work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SoulBlythe said:

Someone please correct me if I am wrong; but one or a few of the mods within offer flax and oats as part of the wild growth picked up from gathers and clearing resources.

I think you are right. I disabled the gatherer and the oats count stop growing. 

Edited by Tamras

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, WNovizar said:

Looks like someone already bring you about Blast Furnace bug, so here is another bug report. Tin Ore shaft is indestructible. Once you remove it, it will leave permanent left over mark, and you can't build anything over it. Not even flatten tool work.

Level One of the Tin Ore (and Copper Ore) Shaft is indestructible by design, and not a bug.  You have to upgrade the mine at least once to make it removable.   This is how it's been in CC since it was introduced.  The tool tip for the mine shafts does state this as does the Wiki.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tamras said:

I think you are right. I disabled the gatherer and the oats count stop growing. 

What year are you in? Just wondering how long it took to gather 11,000+ oats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, estherhb said:

What year are you in? Just wondering how long it took to gather 11,000+ oats.

last save was Late Summer 27 -- so maybe 1-5 yrs less than since I captured the image.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Periandre, @WNovizar,

 

thank you for informing of the issue with the Blast Furnace.
It turns out this bug isn't isolated only to the mega-mod version.

I re-did the build points and made a patch mod:

DS Mods - Blast Furnace Patch

download available here from the Downloads section.

Installation: place the .pkm file in your Banished/WinData folder.
Enable in mod list and place above MegaMod and/or DS Blast Furnace & Industry Mining.
Exit completely out of game, then restart game to ensure smooth playing.
If adding to a save-game, demolish any Blast Furnace foundations in your town,
Enable the patch mod in the Pause mod menu, save and exit game, restart and load save-game.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a funny one for ya.. I'm getting invisible plants in a whole bunch of different crops -- only shadows showing as they grow. Missing models....?

InvisibleCrops.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, kmo said:

Here's a funny one for ya.. I'm getting invisible plants in a whole bunch of different crops -- only shadows showing as they grow. Missing models....?

 

Which crops are only shadows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thats because you use an old 1.0.5 custom material from an 1.0.5 old mod with the game upgraded to 1.0.6 +

what is your mod list Kmo ?

Edited by Ketchup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to place districts into RedKetchups Forest Center (after the 'special paths' have been built on the plots) and while the buildings turn green when I hover over the spaces and the 'thump' sound is played when I clicked there will be no blueprint put down for the workers to come and build the actual district. 

Edit: I have Banished updated to 1.0.7 and no other mods apart from the MM8 Beta 2

Edited by Lola

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Lola said:

I tried to place districts into RedKetchups Forest Center (after the 'special paths' have been built on the plots) and while the buildings turn green when I hover over the spaces and the 'thump' sound is played when I clicked there will be no blueprint put down for the workers to come and build the actual district. 

Edit: I have Banished updated to 1.0.7 and no other mods apart from the MM8 Beta 2

you just have to strip the RK special paths via the remove roads and replace them after the building is removed via it's UI window. A little pain but easy to work around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have also found the following:

EB > Resource Production > Charcoal Burner
is producing charcoal under the construction flag, not being used for household heat, and does not respond to the resource limit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SoulBlythe said:

I have also found the following:

EB > Resource Production > Charcoal Burner
is producing charcoal under the construction flag, not being used for household heat, and does not respond to the resource limit.

Thanks for pointing this out. Kralyerg will take a look at the EB Charburner and fix it for the next release.  BTW, I also noticed it doesn't have any construction requirements. Mine also indicated that it is using the Industrial Fuel Limit but I couldn't figure out where and under which flag the Charcoal was actually being stored.  It also seemed to be producing an awful lot of charcoal (but then again, if you can't find it to use it, it isn't that much!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lola said:

I tried to place districts into RedKetchups Forest Center (after the 'special paths' have been built on the plots) and while the buildings turn green when I hover over the spaces and the 'thump' sound is played when I clicked there will be no blueprint put down for the workers to come and build the actual district. 

Edit: I have Banished updated to 1.0.7 and no other mods apart from the MM8 Beta 2

I tried it out and I believe it is working as designed. I built the "Forest Center", then laid down the special roads. It took a while for my Builders to complete all of the road squares and I had to really look to see which ones were totally finished. When I placed the districts/buildings (Herbalist, Gatherer, Hunter and Barn), all "thumped" but there was no visual confirmation that a building has been placed for construction.  It didn't take too long before Laborers brought over the materials required and Builders completed each district/building.  All I can guess is that you did not have enough workers and/or construction materials that were available (I had a lot of extra Laborers and Builders).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now