Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kralyerg

MegaMod 8 RC1 Discussion / Bug Reports

39 posts in this topic

Post here for bugs / feedback for MM8 RC1.

Here's a short list of the known bugs. If it's listed here, you don' need to post about it. :)  New entries will be placed at the top of the list.

-----

Issue: Flowers taking over the map. 

Status: Spawn rate and size will be reduced in the next release.

-----

Issue: Duplicate buttons:  Fishing Dock and Hunting Cabin in Food > Raw Food Gathering

Status: Fixed. The following duplicates have been removed: Fishing Dock, Hunting Cabin, Market, Trading Post, Iron Mine, Quarry, Herbalist. 

-----

Issue 2/22:  Trade Beef Cows and Trade Deer both produce Trade Horses. Different items on inventory, but same names.

-----

Issue:  Water in NMT Canals may not look right on some PCs. (possibly red)

-----

Issue: Snowman in Kid's Christmas Mod is very dark.

-----

Issue: Lean-to texture in CC's New England Colonial Set have voids.

-----

Issue: Clicking on the Theme Sets -> Tiny Row House toolbar button causes a crash.

-----

Issue: Most of the CC storage barns don't exist in the regular storage toolbar, but are instead doubled in the CC Storage portion of the community toolbar.

-----

1 person likes this

Thx. for all the hard work!

I noticed when building NMT canal's that the water reflection is wrong (red water). I know that RK made 2 versions for NMT canals; Nvidia and Radeon. 

I think the Nvidia version has been build in.

Can I add the Radeon mod version also and put before MM you think? Or is that is crash for sure..

Edited by deddo

I would try it. If it causes a crash, you can always remove it.  I sent Red Ketchup (who created NMT and the canals) a note asking for his advice.

tommorow i ll do you a little fix.pkm to put on top in wait MM being fixed.

Just tried to put the NMT Canal Radeon version above MM and within a saved game (enabled in game also RK's mod). 

This works (no crash so far)......

There are then 2 versions of NMT Canal visible however within RK's menu

RK: thx. for the reply and I'll await your fix as well.

Edited by deddo
1 person likes this

Kid's Vegetable Garden Hard does not start with Vegetable seeds. (I didn't test easy, but medium had the seeds).

Also, if the greenhouses are going to be separated out under food, well duplicated... the category is missing Kid's Tomato greenhouse from the Tequila add on, the Coffee greenhouse from the Bed and Breakfast, the Spice and Grape house from the Christmas mod and Red Ketchup's seedling greenhouse as well as his new multi choice greenhouses (brick and stone). I live for the greenhouses....

1 hour ago, Periandre said:

if the greenhouses are going to be separated out

Yes, just about everything in the Themed Sets toolbar us missing from the regular toolbar. Asking for things to be in the Themed as well as the regular toolbars is a valid request, but it's a major undertaking. I might do it in future updates but I don't consider them as missing presently.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Periandre said:

... Red Ketchup's seedling greenhouse ....

RK is no longer making the seedling greenhouse. He felt it was overpowered and really had no purpose. 

I tested Blast Furnace again in this version (Yes I love the thing, it's my go to 10 man iron ore refinery), and I am finally able to build it and working perfectly. However, I can't set it idle, as once I set it idle, I can't turn it back on again to work.

4 hours ago, Periandre said:

Kid's Vegetable Garden Hard does not start with Vegetable seeds. (I didn't test easy, but medium had the seeds).

Hard starts don't come with seeds at all.  That's kind of what makes it hard.  I didn't do anything to change how it was originally.

8 hours ago, Periandre said:

missing Red Ketchup's seedling greenhouse 

Kralyerg tells me that it is in MM8!  It's under Raw Materials Production.

Wow... Didn’t mean to cause offense. I saw some of the greenhouses had been put in a greenhouse category and others had not. Thought I was being helpful.

As for the vegetable start... saw it originally at WOB, if memory serves (and it often doesn’t), there was no hard start listed. When I saw a hard vegetable start in MM8 I made an assumption. What else could it be?

You all are doing a great job. I look forward to the final release.

Hi Guys. Great work providing this new version of MM. Thank all in the community for been so collaborative.

I don't have that much time to test, but in my recent tests using MM8 RC1, I found that Trade Beef Cows and Trade Deer pastures are both producing Trade Horses, they are different items on inventory but the name is the same.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Periandre said:

Wow... Didn’t mean to cause offense. I saw some of the greenhouses had been put in a greenhouse category and others had not. Thought I was being helpful.

As for the vegetable start... saw it originally at WOB, if memory serves (and it often doesn’t), there was no hard start listed. When I saw a hard vegetable start in MM8 I made an assumption. What else could it be?

You all are doing a great job. I look forward to the final release.

Honestly no offense taken.  Doing this new set of toolbars was extremely time consuming and I'm sure it will evolve over time, but not necessarily quickly. There's just so much to do to put together MM8. Kralyerg has done a fantastic job.

Seems odd that there would be a "Hard vegetable start" - sort of an oxymoron.  However, the code for the various starts were provided by the modder.

On 21-2-2018 at 10:28 PM, Ketchup said:

can you try this please ? put ontop of MM

CanalFix.pkm

This works RK!

Thx.

1 person likes this

Hi!

So, I just downloaded RC1. I am looking in the food productions tab, and I'm a little confused by what I am seeing.

There appear to be duplicates of vanilla style hunting cabin and fishing docks. The radius appears to be the same. The appearance of the building appears to be the same. It uses the same amount of building materials.

What is the difference?

ETA: These might come from CC? I'm seeing the duplicates show up there. Still wondering what the difference is?

Edited by LadieWinter

1 hour ago, LadieWinter said:

Hi!

So, I just downloaded RC1. I am looking in the food productions tab, and I'm a little confused by what I am seeing.

There appear to be duplicates of vanilla style hunting cabin and fishing docks. The radius appears to be the same. The appearance of the building appears to be the same. It uses the same amount of building materials.

What is the difference?

ETA: These might come from CC? I'm seeing the duplicates show up there. Still wondering what the difference is?

There are some duplicates on these toolbars apparently created when the CC toolbars were added to the vanilla ones. These duplicates will be removed in the next release. Thanks for pointing these out.