Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kralyerg

MegaMod 8 RC2 Discussion / Bug Reports

128 posts in this topic
10 hours ago, estherhb said:

Each modder specifies which Flags a storage area can handle. In CC regular stockpiles store Construction, Fuel, Industrial Fuel, Iron, Logs, Minerals, Raw Materials and Stone; regular barns store Food, Clothing, Crafted, Fabrics, Forged, Health, Misc., Precious and Textiles. The only thing left, Luxuries, is stored in Taverns.  In MM8, Perfume is a Luxury so you can store it in a CC Tavern.  I'm not sure of the Flag for Flowers - maybe Misc(?) - but it is stored in CC's barns.

DSViking Storage was made by Discrepancy who specified that it will store Luxuries but did not list the Flag used for Flowers. 

Flowers are Misc when you reach limit on misc florist stops collecting

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, WNovizar said:

Does Hot Crops compatible with Megamod 8 RC2? I saw that Hot Crops was made for CC 1.6, so I wonder if there is no additional crops since then. Also, is there anyway I can buy rough gemstones?

The crops from CC 1.6  should be affected correctly by the Hot-Crops mod, but things that were added since then will not. Basically you should be able to get enough stuff growing in tropical weather, but some more original plants from other mods will require trading.

19 minutes ago, Vrayna said:

The crops from CC 1.6  should be affected correctly by the Hot-Crops mod, but things that were added since then will not. Basically you should be able to get enough stuff growing in tropical weather, but some more original plants from other mods will require trading.

Which is why I am asking, which new crops were added in 1.7?

Posted (edited)

It seems to me, that parfume production chain is extremely profitable, highly disbalancing game. And abundance of flowers in the forests ar a bit disturbing. Is it possible to switch parfume production chain off? Well ... I could just not do parfume :) but flowers in the woods are still there ... I would be rather happy to get rid of them for good :)

Edited by piktaskeksas2

@piktaskeksas2  The flowers are part of the starting conditions and cannot be removed nor can the perfume chain be disabled.  In the next release, the spawn rate and size of the flower models will be reduced which will help the impression that they are taking over.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

wait :(

you guys dont like my meadows and flowers ?? :cry  :heart6:

Edited by Ketchup
1 person likes this

31 minutes ago, estherhb said:

In the next release, the spawn rate and size of the flower models will be reduced which will help the impression that they are taking over.

Very good ! :flower2:

4 hours ago, Ketchup said:

wait :(

you guys dont like my meadows and flowers ?? :cry  :heart6:

As I said before, they look very pretty and colorful, but they seem to be a bit overpowering

2 people like this

Where can I store perfume? The "standard" barn doesn't seem to do it

@Sabouma  Perfume is a luxury. It can be stored in a Tavern or any other storage that stores luxuries. 

1 person likes this

Thanks Esther! Just put in a Strong Ale Storage pile (a bunch of vats, or whatever they're called in English), and that works... pretty funny actually, considering usually you put alcohol in there ^^

1 person likes this

yeah in my mod it was a misc item for sale... but Kralyerg felt that perfume was more a luxury and should be used by the citizens to get happiness.

On 3/4/2018 at 5:56 PM, estherhb said:

This isn't normal. Note that Reeds and Bamboo are Misc. items that need to be stored in a barn. If your Misc. limit needs to be raised, I wonder if that could be why Laborers are waiting to take it away; or there might not be room in a barn. Most of the other items that are cleared are either Logs or food - different limit. I would like to try to reproduce the problem. What Map type and map are you using?  Do you have a picture? 

I'm sorry to say I deleted that map in frustration and went back to a regular terrain map. I will, however, go and recreate that scenario and see if the same thing happens and I'll check my barns and Misc limit, too.  Thanks for the suggestions!  No picture, too frustrated to think of that.

Great news about flowers in the next release. Flowers and parfume chain is a great thing. It's just ... too much of flovers :D 

And then again, what about profitability of perfume? It is just extremelly to high. The price of perfume should be no more than 4, not 8.

2 hours ago, piktaskeksas2 said:

Great news about flowers in the next release. Flowers and parfume chain is a great thing. It's just ... too much of flovers :D 

And then again, what about profitability of perfume? It is just extremelly to high. The price of perfume should be no more than 4, not 8.

I have to disagree with you on the price... seeing Perfume is a luxury, imo it should be even higher, like 100 or 120.... 

2 hours ago, Sabouma said:

I have to disagree with you on the price... seeing Perfume is a luxury, imo it should be even higher, like 100 or 120.... 

Well, that's OK. But in that case output of perfume production should be smaller in times. When there is business, making 4000 points per capita, it makes no sence to do nothing else, but only perfume :) And that disbalances game greeatly.

20 minutes ago, piktaskeksas2 said:

Well, that's OK. But in that case output of perfume production should be smaller in times. When there is business, making 4000 points per capita, it makes no sence to do nothing else, but only perfume :) And that disbalances game greeatly.

yea they produce a lot of perfume per year, but you cant trade it for anything in my game I cant trade perfume for new seeds or livestock

@krinius Some merchants don't take Luxuries as payment but lots of others do.  

Hey, Esther, I think I finally tracked the bug down, and it was the Misc designation that was doing it, as you had suggested. The barn that comes with the town when you play an Easy Map doesn't store Misc stuff, apparently.  When I put in the Misc barn, things immediately appeared in it, like flowers and domesticated animals and reeds and so on.  The funny thing was that when something new was being added some of the things in the barn would vanish for a few minutes and then pop back up with the new amount.

If you want to try to recreate the bug, I was using Lush Plains w/o Lakes, with a Mediterranean climate, on very large , no disasters, and All The Wild Things - Easy.  Oh, and the seed number, if that helps, is 505442239.

Thanks very much for your advice!  You're the best!

1 person likes this