Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kralyerg

MegaMod 8 RC2 Discussion / Bug Reports

128 posts in this topic

another question: was the "Magazine" (I believe it is called) taken out? I can't find it anywehere (but then again I might not be looking hard enough :P)

3 hours ago, krinius said:

@Johntodd you can store alcohol/luxuries in alcohol/luxury warehouse

There should be an Ale stall, no ?

Posted (edited)

Magazine has been moved to  "Forts and Palisades".

Edited by Johntodd

OK;

I raised the textile limit and got my muskets.

I turned off disable hunger and now they are eating like piggies!

Thanks!

What about the alcohol/luxuries?

1 hour ago, Ketchup said:

There should be an Ale stall, no ?

yea

There is many specific storage type buildings 2-3 for every type of goods (warehouses/cellars/barns) + general ones.

alcohol and luxury are not stored in general barn they need specific storage.

I use specific cellars for alcohol and luxury. better looking in my opinion.

Check to see if your Trading Posts are grabbing it all.  Check the figures for production of Luxuries vs use also.  All of the CC Taverns + Coffee Shop should store Luxuries.

Posted (edited)

I don't have the traders set to get any, and there are butt loads of wine and rice wine in storage.

I'm an experienced Banished player (from 2014), so unless I'm doing something completely retarded (wouldn't be the first time!), then there is a bug somewhere.

Edited by Johntodd

@Johntodd  Where is it being stored if not in Taverns?  At this point, I'm not sure what the problem is!

Posted (edited)

It goes to general storage - barns, magazines, etc., and also into alc/lux warehouses/barns.  It goes everywhere it should, except taverns, etc.

So they are being produced. 

Edited by Johntodd

Kralyerg needs to check the flags. So, exactly which products, produced where?  Exactly where it is being stored and shouldn't be?  Which buildings you want to store it in?  Sorry, but there are just too many places to look without being really specific. :)

There's a possibility that this is a pathing issue. Once Bannies start going to one storage place, they keep going there even though there are other logical places - some even closer. Can't fix that. Hopefully it's a flag issue.

I think it's a flag issue.  I always put storage next to production.  I put textile and clothing storage next to my tailors, etc.  There are alc/lux storage next to the wine makers.  Wine gets stored there, and sometimes shows up in further away storage.  But it never gets to the taverns (etc.)

So, the problem isn't storage or manufacturing?  You're complaining that the wine isn't distributed among the Taverns that are further away?  The luxury storage next to the production site is too convenient for your bannies so, as long as there is room, that's where they are going to put it!  I would destroy the "alc/lux" storage next to the winemakers so it has to go to the available storage in taverns and see what happens.  

Posted (edited)

UPDATE:

OK, I did it, and it worked.  The alc/lux were moved into the taverns like they were supposed to.

But, keep in mind, this is the first time that has happened to me.  I always put storage next to production, and labor (or ale wenches) take from storage and put it into the taverns.  So something has changed.

Thanks for the help and the wonderful mods!

-John

Edited by Johntodd
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hello,
I have an issue, could somebody help? I downloaded the RAR, extracted all three files in the WinData directory, then I start the game and try to enable the mods in the menu. They are all red, but that should be ok due to previous comments. And here comes the problem. As soon as I click OK and the game starts reloading, it gets stuck. Just black screen. Even after several minutes nothing happens so I have to close the game manually. Tried it few times, always the same result. What's wrong?

Game version is 1.0.7 so should be compatible.

EDIT: Now I can't even start my game, previous times when I manually closed it and started it again, it started normally (and with the mods disabled). Now when I tried to start the game, I get stuck at the same black screen as with the reloadings before. Seems I'll have to remove the files from directory to be even able to run the game...Please help :( 

Edited by Dersha

Posted (edited)

mega mods is HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE !!!!

give 10-20mins to load !

or alt tab during that time ... which will reduce the wait  to 30sec. to 1-2 mins 

Edited by Ketchup

I already tried giving it like 10 minutes but alright, I'll try to give it even more and see what happens.

Thanks!

alt tab or hit the windows menu key (between cntrl and alt keys) and go surf during that time, and comeback to check if rdy :)

i remember first time I run game with megamod game was loading 42 min 

Seems to speed up loading after a couple of times.

Thanks to all who helped create MegaMod. I previously used a lot of individual mods and had something like 160 active until I tried adding the marble quarry and jade quarry.

That was two mods too many and the game refused to load at all (even using the Alt+Tab trick). MegaMod has allowed me to reduce my mod list by approximately 140 mods and it's all running very well.

I have one little bug to mention. The "tent with fire" by tanypredator has a campfire at the front of the tent but when I build it, the firepit and the smoke are in different locations. In the image below the firepit can be seen to the side of the tent but the smoke and fire effects are in the middle near the tent entrance.

Despite that tiny bug, the MegaMod is quite incredible and it's a magnificent effort by Kralyerg to compile all these seperate mods. Many thanks to all involved - I just wish I had started using it earlier!

Banished TentWithFire01.jpg