Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

shinkarom

Where can I download MegaMod 0.06?

It's the last version that runs on my computer. The next ones require too much memory and load for too much time. But 0.06 can be loaded, even if barely.

15 answers to this question

If you want the very old versions of MegaMod, they are still up on BanishedInfo (I think we don't actually have the ones older than 0.07 on this site, the previous ones were on our old website) here.

There are potential version conflicts though, depending on how up-to-date your Banished game is. If you are still running old versions of Banished, the old Megamod should work. If you updated to Banished 1.0.7, you'll need to add the compatibility mod above Megamod. It was made for MM0.07 though so there might be a few weird side effects on older versions. On the other hand, if you are still running an old version of Banished, that could be why the more recent MM mod isn't working for you. It's worth checking that detail :)

(As a side note, CC itself grew a lot between the version that was used in MM 0.06 and now. IT's quite possible that CC on its own would be enough to keep you entertained, and you could hand-pick a few things to throw in the mix and enable/disable depending on what you feel like building for each new town. IT's what I tend to do.)

you can download the older version 0.06 from here:

** now I know this is the link to 0.07, but scroll down to the bottom just before the comments where it says:

What's New in Version 0.07   "See changelog"

click on the "See changelog" button, change to 0.60

now below you will see With version 0.60: and a  'download' link to download the earlier version.

alternatively the mega mod is on banishedinfo also, and if you click on Change log you can also download earlier versions

if you can run banished then you can run last version of megamod just need a lot of time to load

I am bothered by the fact that the files for MegaMod 8 are twice the size of my whole RAM. Also, with my attention deficit I wouldn't tolerate the game that loads for half a hour or more.

Will the compatibility patch work with MegaMod 0.06? (of course I am using the newest version of Banished, it's the computer that can't support multicore CPU and much RAM).

my firend play with megamod 8 rc 2 on single core cpu 3.0 and 2,5 gb of RAM he just wait a lot of time for game to load but when game is loaded works fine

Looks reassuring, krinius, but "a lot of time" might be too long for my patience. I'll still download MegaMod 8, just to make sure.

you can try to speed up loading time with alt+tab or windows button this don't work for everyone for me it speed up to 5-6 min with alt+tab from 30-40 min if I don't alt+tab.

Do you mean to switch to another window or you mean to minimize the window entirely?

Alt-tab out entirely,, do other stuff while it loads, and check regularly :)

3 hours ago, shinkarom said:

Do you mean to switch to another window or you mean to minimize the window entirely?

alt + tab or use the window menu keyboard stoke between left control and the left alt to the left side of your keyboard, it will take you out of the full screen balck screen and call your menu and then choose your internet explorer or chrome and go surf during that time... it speed up so much.

in fact, the game has a mod control check subroutine. and if you alt tab, the game is forced to skip that subroutine where is from the loading speed increased.

I don't use full screen, only windowed mode.

I downloaded MegaMod 8 and placed it in WinData folder, but Banished crashdumped when starting up.

Since MegaMod 6 now requires compatibility patches end even then may not be fully compatible, I guess I'll just stick to CC. Hope Black Liquid won't abandon it in the favor of MegaMod.

Thank you for your attention.

15 minutes ago, shinkarom said:

I don't use full screen, only windowed mode.

fullscreen or windowed, you still can go surf during that time. i am not talking of you but i think many people dont know what is it "alt-tab" like back in time in 80's people didnt know how to format a floppy disk. i repeat it, not talking of you, Shin.

Posted (edited)

Rather than "alt-tabbing" you can just press the Windows key at the bottom left corner of your keyboard, it will minimize Banished and bring the Start Menu to the front. When the music starts you are good to go !

If you need to relieve stress on your computer and free a good chunk of RAM, just close every open windows and quit every non essential applications running in the background (often found in the task bar). For the ones you can't quit and if you are computer savvy (power users only) open your Task Manager and kill all unwanted running process.

If you are not computer savvy you can open the Performance tab in your Task Manager to follow the loading progress of Banished. It's fun to watch while waiting and the Task Manager by itself does not use much RAM. :)

Edited by VXL

It appears to be in the Banished Workshop on Steam.