Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

cainacol12

the Bad side of town

28 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MackGideon said:

Is it possible for a building to have TWO area of effect radii? Like if a jail or a guillotine has a small negative ring (bad to look at and experience) but also a large positive ring (good for the wider community)?

Ps: I'm not trying to advocate for the death penalty, I'm just considering game mechanics.

Being a complete noob with making mods, I have no idea if that can be done but it's certainly an interesting idea.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, MackGideon said:

Is it possible for a building to have TWO area of effect radii? Like if a jail or a guillotine has a small negative ring (bad to look at and experience) but also a large positive ring (good for the wider community)?

Ps: I'm not trying to advocate for the death penalty, I'm just considering game mechanics.

This would be really cool if it could be done.

4 hours ago, MackGideon said:

Is it possible for a building to have TWO area of effect radii?

I'd expect they just cancel each other?

1 person likes this

On 12/6/2016 at 5:52 AM, KevinTheCynic said:

If they don't like it, they don't have to use it, the choice is theirs.

While I am one of those you spoke of, I do however agree with what you spoke about here.

I think everyone has a mind of their own, a set of morals they follow or don't follow so on and so on.

We are all different and to me that is Great :)

While I am not a Lesbian, I do have some pretty awesome friends who are :)

While I am not Black, I do have friends who are :)

I am not prejudice, but I also just don't want how someone else lives their lives to be forced upon me.

I will even most likely use some of what is being discussed here.  I however will not use and don't like the Brothel part.  Sorry :(

If this can be made a stand alone mod, I am all for it. :)

And even if it's not.....

I don't have to build the Brothel... Simply put!

We all have a mind of our own, and we all have the freedom of making our own choices (at least on a game we do).

Edited by rejectedegg
2 people like this

On 12/7/2016 at 8:11 PM, KevinTheCynic said:

I don't think we should just copy another building and change its function to a tavern, I think we should have visually different buildings but the tavern from the bad side of town could look similar to a house or warehouse in general shape and size.

Couldn't something as simple as a sign attached to a building fulfil this?

The larger one would cancel out the smaller one, what would be the point. :shape10:

I think decorative ghost objects might just fill this need, you could then change all the buildings that exists, even those from other mods rather than have only a few new ones.

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, rejectedegg said:

While I am one of those you spoke of, I do however agree with what you spoke about here.

I think everyone has a mind of their own, a set of morals they follow or don't follow so on and so on.

We are all different and to me that is Great :)

While I am not a Lesbian, I do have some pretty awesome friends who are :)

While I am not Black, I do have friends who are :)

I am not prejudice, but I also just don't want how someone else lives their lives to be forced upon me.

I will even most likely use some of what is being discussed here.  I however will not use and don't like the Brothel part.  Sorry :(

If this can be made a stand alone mod, I am all for it. :)

And even if it's not.....

I don't have to build the Brothel... Simply put!

We all have a mind of our own, and we all have the freedom of making our own choices (at least on a game we do).

And this is exactly the way most people have typically dealt with these sorts of things, this is the basic idea of tolerance - as in "I don't personally like it, but I do not believe in interfering with those people who do like it". What @rejectedegg talks about is basically how we as adults should be dealing with these situations, for example one of my friends reads his wife's supernatural romance novels and enjoys them, I don't enjoy supernatural romance stories but I don't believe that I have any right to dictate what he reads and enjoys.

In regards to these sorts of mod, it's typically been a vocal but small group who have railed against them and unfortunately, to keep the peace those people who made/supported the mods have either stopped talking about it or stopped making them and that means that those of us who don't have a problem with them end up missing out on new content - and that is what annoys me the most! xD

3 people like this

Love it!

You could make it work around the PC-police by being vague with buildings but with obvious effects. Only the item name will get any real negative attention.

Like  taverns that uses chickens or a new poppy crop to produce silver.

An Inn that's staffed with ale wenches producing coins and occasional influenza cases when people leave.

Have the buildings reduce local happiness.

I really like the idea of mods that include some of the darker aspects of history like that.