Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kralyerg

MegaMod 8 RC3 Discussion / Bug Reports

172 posts in this topic
On 3/21/2018 at 5:19 PM, Feneris said:

I've tried downloading the latest version and all I keep getting is a file that's buggy and won't unzip

Same problem here.

2 hours ago, RootyToot said:

Same problem here.

Need more information:  What error message are you getting? Which program are you using to try to extract the file and the version date?

On 3/24/2018 at 0:39 PM, Sabouma said:

tried to build an orchard field. When I tried to select it, the game crashed again

Ok. So after some digging, I think I found the problem.

In order for there to be just one Carrot seed, I put in the DS Carrots, and disabled the CC Carrots.  But I left the CC Carrots in the list of seeds available for the game to choose from at the beginning of the game.  But since the CC Carrots don't exist in game anymore, when it picks that one, the game will crash whenever you try and open one of the fields.  Since the DSSV Easy-Crops gives you every crop seed, you're guaranteed to get the bad seed.

In my testing, it wasn't just the Orchard that would crash, but the Crop Field and Pasture as well.  Any of the fields that uses that drop down list to select your seed or livestock.

So, I fixed it for the next update by removing the CC Carrots from the seed list (and adding the DS Carrots).  So in the future, this shouldn't be a problem.  But in the meantime, I would suggest not using the Easy-Crops starting condition.

It's strange, though, because a majority of the different starting conditions use the same file that contains the list of starting seed options.  So there's always a random possibility that any game you start will have the bad seed and will cause this problem.  There's 31 crop seed options.  So if you start a regular Easy game with 2 seeds, you have a 6.5% chance of it picking the bad seed. (Assuming it picks them truly randomly).  It's a fairly small chance, but I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up more before now.

4 hours ago, RootyToot said:

Same problem here.

And did you try the zip file that I posted as a reply to Feneris' problem?

5 hours ago, Kralyerg said:

And did you try the zip file that I posted as a reply to Feneris' problem?

Yes I did and it worked. Sorry about the post, I didn't see the zip file post until after I posted. Thanks.

7 hours ago, estherhb said:

Need more information:  What error message are you getting? Which program are you using to try to extract the file and the version date?

"File is invalid or corrupted"  Using the native Win 10 program.  Downloaded the zip file and it unzipped ok, but when I tried to load it (activate?) it turned red after I turned on the first module (all three are red), yet no other mod showed as conflicting. Turned off all other mods, still red. Tried running it anyway, but it crashed.

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, RootyToot said:

"File is invalid or corrupted"  Using the native Win 10 program.  Downloaded the zip file and it unzipped ok, but when I tried to load it (activate?) it turned red after I turned on the first module (all three are red), yet no other mod showed as conflicting. Turned off all other mods, still red. Tried running it anyway, but it crashed.

They of course turn red but thats totally normal and it isn't because that you are crashing.

Edited by Ketchup

20 hours ago, Kralyerg said:

Ok. So after some digging, I think I found the problem.

In order for there to be just one Carrot seed, I put in the DS Carrots, and disabled the CC Carrots.  But I left the CC Carrots in the list of seeds available for the game to choose from at the beginning of the game.  But since the CC Carrots don't exist in game anymore, when it picks that one, the game will crash whenever you try and open one of the fields.  Since the DSSV Easy-Crops gives you every crop seed, you're guaranteed to get the bad seed.

In my testing, it wasn't just the Orchard that would crash, but the Crop Field and Pasture as well.  Any of the fields that uses that drop down list to select your seed or livestock.

So, I fixed it for the next update by removing the CC Carrots from the seed list (and adding the DS Carrots).  So in the future, this shouldn't be a problem.  But in the meantime, I would suggest not using the Easy-Crops starting condition.

It's strange, though, because a majority of the different starting conditions use the same file that contains the list of starting seed options.  So there's always a random possibility that any game you start will have the bad seed and will cause this problem.  There's 31 crop seed options.  So if you start a regular Easy game with 2 seeds, you have a 6.5% chance of it picking the bad seed. (Assuming it picks them truly randomly).  It's a fairly small chance, but I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up more before now.

thanks for "the digging" @Kralyergatleast I know now that it's not just me having the issue ;)

Posted (edited)

Not sure if this has been said anywhere but the tower house apartments in the stone building category has a serious issue in that the second/third/fourth/fifth/sixth (Only four shown here, was getting too tall.) houses don't overlap properly with the first floor (Ground for Americans) building, service buildings, or the hostel. Take note how the deco-roof lines up properly with the first floors. I used dirt roads to ensure everything overlapped on the same 'tiles' as well, so it's not offset by one tile.

LeaningFlats.png

Edited by MajorThomas
Spelling!

4 minutes ago, MajorThomas said:

Not sure if this has been said anywhere but the tower house apartments in the stone building category has a serious issue in that the second/third/fourth/fifth/sixth (Only four shown here, was getting too tall.) houses don't overlap properly with the first floor (Ground for Americans) building, service buildings, or the hostel. Take note how the deco-roof lines up properly with the first floors. I dirt roads to ensure everything overlapped on the same 'tiles' as well, so it's not offset by one tile.

LeaningFlats.png

I've tested and I can confirm that situation.

Floor 2 to 6 with or without roof are not properly align with ground floor.

The Deco 2 to 6 are align to ground floor.

Well, we'd better do something about this, it's only a matter of time before bannies start fall through the floor... or the whole thing topples over.

I feel it would be funny to make an actual leaning tower though, hehe. :D

1 person likes this

another bug I found: Embx61's Bakery won't make Sugar Cookies.... I have plenty of Flour AND Sugar, but the Sugar won't come into the Bakery

@MajorThomas  Kralyerg has fixed this for the next release.  

@Sabouma  Kralyerg has fixed the Bakery for the next release too.

@RootyToot As Red Ketchup explained, mods turning red doesn't mean they are incompatible at all. It just means they affect the same code. My concern is that you say it still crashed.  Were you able to resolve this or do we need to address this further?

4 hours ago, estherhb said:

@RootyToot As Red Ketchup explained, mods turning red doesn't mean they are incompatible at all. It just means they affect the same code. My concern is that you say it still crashed.  Were you able to resolve this or do we need to address this further?

I haven't tried it again, sorry.

So I can understand; the three mods will always turn red? They affect each other, but it is not a conflict with other mods? I understand it "could" be a conflict with another mod, but since I had all other mods turned off it was just the 3 mods using the same code so should be no problem?

I will start a new game tomorrow and try it again, sadly I don't remember exactly what I was doing at the time. I will let you know if it happens again, and where/what/why.

Thanks for the input.

Posted (edited)

let me give you an example. you have a mod that make cotton. and then you have another mod that take this cotton and will make a cloth with it....

to be able to compile you absolutely need to put the cotton files in both mod.

since each mod affect each other, and they both have some cotton files... bang! they turn RED. but that doesnt mean this = conflict , this = crash and this = bad !!

the thing in this game is missing... is an hash tag verification : if both files inside both mods are exactly the same, exactly the same hashtag ... then = green = ok.

thats what the game is missing. a double proof system.

Edited by Ketchup
1 person likes this

another bug, actually one that has been around since Rice seeds were introduced: the Rice stays on the field, it's not being picked up appropriately.... it even stays on the field when the farmer starts planting again

3 hours ago, Sabouma said:

another bug, actually one that has been around since Rice seeds were introduced: the Rice stays on the field, it's not being picked up appropriately.... it even stays on the field when the farmer starts planting again

It's been out a while! Thanks for letting us know.

Posted (edited)

These trees (Town pine) from ghost section are unable to remove as they can not be secected at all. None of removal options worked. I haven't try planting other trees yet so I don't know if it is only those or there is more.

20180327201104_1.jpg.b0c2f4b5b2ad68d267d2ff58d983434a.jpg

Monk works here and does not accept any students. (I found this topic here also: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=2251.30)

20180327203355_1.jpg.00acbc179809e980ffa6161c85e70ddf.jpg

Many thanks for the Mega Mod and all the hard work.

20180327201444_1.jpg

Edited by Sonja
Removed Small Tavern issue since they started consuming goods. It took them quite some time to figure out the benefits of alcohol consumption :) (Can not remove the picture from post)

something weird is happening... I had a Standard Pasture of 150 chickens... I've been watching it for the past 10 minutes, and my Chickens are dying off for no reason at all.... I don't understand, looks like a bug