Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kralyerg

MegaMod 8 RC3 Discussion / Bug Reports

172 posts in this topic
32 minutes ago, Sabouma said:

something weird is happening... I had a Standard Pasture of 150 chickens... I've been watching it for the past 10 minutes, and my Chickens are dying off for no reason at all.... I don't understand, looks like a bug

Once I had the same with fresian cows... Disasters were deactivated and I got no notification of anything, they just seemed to disappear outta nowhere. That was with MM RC2.

@Sabouma Yeah - sounds like an infestation. Sometimes the yellow cloud of death is hard to see.  Could you go back through the status info and see if you find it? let us know.

It's not, I have disasters off

I was watching the Pasture some more, and at some point the number went back up.... so it's really kinda strange

@Sabouma Kralyerg and I both tried growing Rice and ours are fine. Sounds like a mod conflict. Which ones are you using? Also,  if the field is too high on a slope it won't plant in a square and won't hit 100% and then won't harvest.  Maybe send a picture?

@Sonja  Found the problem - it's missing the special file that allows it to be deleted. Kralyerg will fix it for the next release.  I think the other trees are OK, but if you find anything else, be sure to let us know.

Posted (edited)

Are the issues with Megamod 8 bad enough that I should use 7 for now? If I update 8 in the future, will bug fixes apply to existing maps?

Follow-Up Question: My performance is absolute garbage when I build enough things even on my lowest settings. I suspect it's the smoke effects. I don't see CC - No Smoke on the Mega Mod List. What can I do here? And what can I do to minimize performance blocks besides turning my settings to the lowest levels which I already have?

Edited by Demonz
i realized CC 1.75 is included in MM. Also added no smoke question

Hi, I have a question about the flowers. I used an old version of MM8 until recently in which the flowers for the florist did not spawn at all. Now I have updated the mod and they spawn all over the map. It's a ridiculous amount, is this intended?

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, Sabouma said:

mods banished.png

When I hit ctrl+f and searched "smoke" in that one file in the thread with the mod list, I swear I got no results...

Anyway, new issue - the game goes black when I select all 3 files for the mod and try to load them in. Waited 5 minutes, nothing happened. My comp is Windows 7 and I had lag with the base game whenever there was lots of stuff on screen, I was able to run an earlier version of CC without trouble...

Edited by Demonz

most people are very fine. what is the solution ? maybe forget it and continue to play as you were ?

35 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

most people are very fine. what is the solution ? maybe forget it and continue to play as you were ?

Waiting 20 minutes-ish worked and the game loaded in. When I tried to start a new game, however, same thing - black screen, long long long wait. 

Starting up the game in the first place has also given me minutes-long wait times. All my settings are at the lowest. Very unfortunate.

Posted (edited)

thats normal ! you are trying to load like 5 GB of mods in one shot..

why dont you alt tab and surf during that time ?

Edited by Ketchup

1 hour ago, Ketchup said:

thats normal ! you are trying to load like 5 GB of mods in one shot..

why dont you alt tab and surf during that time ?

Oh, that happens every time? Wow. Maybe Megamod isn't worth it, then...

The CC stable wants to store the domestic animals as dry goods.  See attached image.

dry goods.jpg

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Ketchup said:

you still didnt answered my question @Demonz.

You were serious? Well, to be honest, I can't surf at all in that time because the game lags my entire computer. It wasn't a problem until I tried to use this Megamod. (Colonial Charter 1.6 worked fine).

And update on trying to run it - I finally got into a game, but after a few minutes I crashed when I clicked into the debug menu. Since it takes half an hour to try to boot up the game and get into a map to even test it, I'm just about ready to give up.

Edit: I tried CC 1.75 on its lonesome without anything else. Game still takes minutes to load anything whether it be startup, mod application, or map creation (But it's MUCH faster than the MM). However, since 1.75 is said to be incompatible with most random mods, can I just look to the MM mod list to see what I can manually get that would be compatible? In particular, I NEED performance improvements like no Smoke (although, admittedly, I still get smoke stacks?)

Edited by Demonz

1 hour ago, Goblin Girl said:

The CC stable wants to store the domestic animals as dry goods.

That's' not the CC stable, that's my standalone stable.  I probably forgot to update it for the 1.0.7 update 

1 person likes this

^^ yes i was serious !! dont even need to surf ! just alt tab and watch your desktop wallpaper instead the black screen ^^ 60 secs of walpaper = 16 mins of blackscreen.

but yeah, you should delete those MM.pkg and just go back to colonial charter 1.6 :) till the day you will upgrade and  have a real PC :)

22 hours ago, Demonz said:

Anyway, new issue - the game goes black when I select all 3 files for the mod and try to load them in. Waited 5 minutes, nothing happened. My comp is Windows 7 and I had lag with the base game whenever there was lots of stuff on screen, I was able to run an earlier version of CC without trouble...

When I had my Windows 7 at work computer, I found it difficult to run CC. It's possible that your computer just isn't enough to run a game this size.  If you had lag with the base game, you will certainly have trouble with a large mod like CC.  You should verify that you are using Banished 1.0.7 (at the bottom of the 1st screen). Then try changing the DX9/DX11 setting - some people find the game works best under one but not the other.  You can try deleting a bunch of your saves if you've been keeping them - that sometimes helps too. Unfortunately, if none of those work, you should probably go back to using what was working for you.

I don't know what you mean that "CC 1.75 is incompatible with most random mods."  The incompatibility has to do with the new Flags that came out in Banished 1.0.7. CC 1.75 was made to use these. A lot of OLD mods have not been updated to do so. There are lots of mods that will work with CC 1.75 - take a look at those at WorldofBanished.com.

1 person likes this

@Mikkey The size of the flowers and spawn rate have been reduced for MM8-RC3.  Are you using that version?