Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kralyerg

MegaMod 8 RC3 Discussion / Bug Reports

172 posts in this topic
17 hours ago, Demonz said:

Well, to be honest, I can't surf at all in that time because the game lags my entire computer. It wasn't a problem until I tried to use this Megamod. (Colonial Charter 1.6 worked fine).

And update on trying to run it - I finally got into a game, but after a few minutes I crashed when I clicked into the debug menu. Since it takes half an hour to try to boot up the game and get into a map to even test it, I'm just about ready to give up.

This sounds to me like your computer isn't powerful enough to run it.  I use a six year old i7 3.4GHz with 16 gb of ram and an Nvidia GTX 970.  If I alt tab to minimize or surf, the game takes about 4 minutes to load.  And I can't use DX11 without insta-crash.  I'd say I'm at the edge of acceptable performance. 

1 person likes this

On 30.3.2018 at 4:06 AM, estherhb said:

@Mikkey The size of the flowers and spawn rate have been reduced for MM8-RC3.  Are you using that version?

Yes, I'm using the latest version, MM8-RC3.

Flowers are now literally covering every inch of the ground that is not occupied by something else. The version I used before was downloaded sometime in January and that map had absolutely not a single flower spawning. I don't understand :/

2 people like this

On 26/03/2018 at 11:33 AM, Kralyerg said:

Ok. So after some digging, I think I found the problem.

In order for there to be just one Carrot seed, I put in the DS Carrots, and disabled the CC Carrots.  But I left the CC Carrots in the list of seeds available for the game to choose from at the beginning of the game.  But since the CC Carrots don't exist in game anymore, when it picks that one, the game will crash whenever you try and open one of the fields.  Since the DSSV Easy-Crops gives you every crop seed, you're guaranteed to get the bad seed.

In my testing, it wasn't just the Orchard that would crash, but the Crop Field and Pasture as well.  Any of the fields that uses that drop down list to select your seed or livestock.

So, I fixed it for the next update by removing the CC Carrots from the seed list (and adding the DS Carrots).  So in the future, this shouldn't be a problem.  But in the meantime, I would suggest not using the Easy-Crops starting condition.

It's strange, though, because a majority of the different starting conditions use the same file that contains the list of starting seed options.  So there's always a random possibility that any game you start will have the bad seed and will cause this problem.  There's 31 crop seed options.  So if you start a regular Easy game with 2 seeds, you have a 6.5% chance of it picking the bad seed. (Assuming it picks them truly randomly).  It's a fairly small chance, but I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up more before now.

It has also happened to me in many games I have tried with  DSSV start conditions, the game would crash immediately following placement of a crop field, hopefully it gets fixed!

1 person likes this

The Medieval Salt Mine is using the textile limit for salt.

Posted (edited)

Crash when selecting DS Storage button.

Hard Appalachian Forest start on Large Waterworld, Marine weather. Only Megamod 8 components active.

I was checking where everything was and klicking to see what everything looked like. Will see if problem duplicates.

Edit: started a brand new game, exact same conditions. I get a "fatal access violation". Attaching the .dmp file to be looked at.

crash.dmp

Edited by Ihmislehma
Additional information
1 person likes this

Made Yet Another Test with the same settings, this time I checked that I REALLY had just the newest Megamod and it's components running. Still crashes. attached the .dmp of this crash. Going to see if I can replicate this crash on other settings.

crash.dmp

After a couple of tests with the DS Storage tab:

Large Verdant Plains map with Fair weather and Appalachian forest crashes.

Medium Vanilla Valleys with Mild weather and Easy setting crashes. I'm thinking it's not linked to the map or difficulty settings. I also made sure both times that I had the right mod files active.

Verdant_crash.dmp

Valleys_crash.dmp

Yes, toolbars are not linked to starting condition/climate/terrain choices.  They're always the same no matter what you select.

Where exactly are you clicking? I just went and clicked on everything I could find and nothing had a problem.  Is this the Community Toolbar, or the regular Storage toolbar?  Like, literally, exactly which buttons are you clicking until you get the crash?

I used red to outline the two Toolbar tabs I used.

The moment I click the DS Storage tab, my game crashes and I get aforementioned error.

20180401180615_1.jpg

1 person likes this

@Mikkey The flowers were added into MM8 as part of Red Ketchup's Garden Wall Utility mod - it is used to make Perfume.  The size and spawn rate of the flowers was adjusted for this last release (RC3). We are looking into ways to better balance the growth and spawning of the flowers for the next release.

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, Goblin Girl said:

The Medieval Salt Mine is using the textile limit for salt.

This has been fixed for the next release. Thanks for pointing it out :)

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Ihmislehma said:

Crash when selecting DS Storage button. .... Attaching the .dmp file to be looked at

The toolbars don't look right for MM8-RC3.  Shouldn't have a DS Storage Tab and you have two  Refined Resources Tabs and two Themed Sets tabs (the fleur de lis). You also have a separate Luxuries tab (this is now part of Refined Resources). Looks like you have another version of MM running.  Please verify exactly which mods are checked. A picture will help. (Also, verify that you are using Banished 1.0.7.) Thanks

BTW - the Crash.dmp file doesn't help - no idea how to read them.

Just now, estherhb said:

The toolbars don't look right for MM8-RC3.  Shouldn't have a DS Storage Tab and you have two  Refined Resources Tabs and two Themed Sets tabs (the fleur de lis).  Looks like you have another version of MM running.  Please verify exactly which mods are checked. A picture will help. (Also, verify that you are using Banished 1.0.7.) Thanks

BTW - the Crash.dmp file doesn't help - no idea how to read them.

Alright. I just redownloaded the mod again, just to be sure. Thanks for letting me know it doesn't look right. I will try to ensure I'm using the right mods, I definitely thought I had the right ones in use.

@Ihmislehma You should only be using the 3 MM8-RC3 files. If you are using Steam, make sure you haven't subscribed to CC or MM.  You can use some other mods with MM8 but you have to be careful. For now, I would recommend not using any other mods.

Just now, estherhb said:

@Ihmislehma You should only be using the 3 MM8-RC3 files. If you are using Steam, make sure you haven't subscribed to CC or MM.  You can use some other mods with MM8 but you have to be careful. For now, I would recommend not using any other mods.

I thought I had only those three files enabled. I don't really use Steam mods. These are the only mods chosen to be used. Note that this is after re-downloading Megamod again, in case something got corrupted.

After redownloading the toolbar looks different, so I think it was a case of corrupted download or something similar.

20180401190526_1.jpg

20180401191605_1.jpg

Yep - looks better.  Let us know if you have any more issues.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, estherhb said:

Yep - looks better.  Let us know if you have any more issues.

Thanks, will do. Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for the help.

1 person likes this

Not exactly a bug report, but I can't seemt o be able to find the Docks bridge. Aka the bridge that takes the look of the docks set. Or I may be blind.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Ihmislehma said:

Not exactly a bug report, but I can't seemt o be able to find the Docks bridge. Aka the bridge that takes the look of the docks set. Or I may be blind.

Click the fleur de lis. It's under that one.  :)Nevermind.  I misread your post.

Edited by Goblin Girl

Just now, Goblin Girl said:

Click the fleur de lis. It's under that one.  :)

The actual draggable bride, as opposed to the pre-length pieces? I know the Docks pieces are under the Fleur De Lis, but I cannot locate the bridge itself. In the old version it was nested within the Roads -> Bridges, but it's not located there either. I know I can use the pre-lenth pieces, but I like using the actual bridge because the little people travel faster on it.