Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kralyerg

MegaMod 8 RC3 Discussion / Bug Reports

172 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, Ihmislehma said:

but I can't seemt o be able to find the Docks bridge.

There's one in the Community Toolbar.

Go to button titled Mod Collections. (The one that looks like 3 people holding hands in a circle) and then to CC, then Roads And Bridges.  There's a Dock Bridge there.

The Community Toolbar is helpful for finding a specific thing made by a specific modder.

I'm not sure what happened to the Dock Bridge in the regular Roads toolbar. I'll look into it.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Kralyerg said:

There's one in the Community Toolbar.

Go to button titled Mod Collections. (The one that looks like 3 people holding hands in a circle) and then to CC, then Roads And Bridges.  There's a Dock Bridge there.

The Community Toolbar is helpful for finding a specific thing made by a specific modder.

I'm not sure what happened to the Dock Bridge in the regular Roads toolbar. I'll look into it.

Thank you!

7 hours ago, estherhb said:

@Mikkey The flowers were added into MM8 as part of Red Ketchup's Garden Wall Utility mod - it is used to make Perfume.  The size and spawn rate of the flowers was adjusted for this last release (RC3). We are looking into ways to better balance the growth and spawning of the flowers for the next release.

How was it adjusted though? I'm wondering if this is just happening on my map or others' as well, it can't have been any worse in the previous version. I uploaded a screenshot to show you they're everywhere there is room. I'm using the marsh map if that matters at all

Would it be possible to only make them spawn in range of the florist hut? There really is no use for them except for the perfume.

2018-04-02 01_42_25-Greenshot.png

@Mikkey When we put MM together, the mods included are pretty much "as is".  Since @Ketchup is still adjusting the growth of flowers in his mods, we are making changes accordingly.  He does read the responses we receive and takes them into consideration.  Please note that we have also received positive feedback and we try to balance the two. (BTW - I really can't tell what your picture shows - you need to zoom in a bit.)

Posted (edited)

LOL WOW !!

I Love it !!! hehe

i can say , in this type of map you really have a problem though LOL

Like every tiles is coreved by something, a grass or a flower LOL that should not happening though !!

but i love it :)

Edited by Ketchup
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This is more a queston then a bug report, sorry  if it needs to go some place else then plz move it..  I've had the same actions with both loading old saves from v2 and new starts.. in all cases..

I've noticed when I use DSSV starts   mostly  DSSV Harder start the one with 2 family that on several starts I've actually had 3 families instead of 2

I seem to develop Typhus in every game at a very early stage. When you start 2 or 3 families there is no way to have a doctor by the time I get sick report

I did find the tent but I can't staff it.. I don't have the manpower.  BTW thanks for including these starts they are a lot of fun. a true nothing start.

I guess I will put the compat mod back in, as my workers are still idling way to much at the start of the game.  and they don't put the food in the storage soon enough and die holding it, result is all that they are holding on to, Poofs.. and no one gets it..  they should be able to drop there stuff, that they pick up, and it shouldn't poof,  either the game needs to fix this, since its an incorrect action or the mod does. the stuff they pick up should drop!  

I am using a few other mods like the happiness and sadness circle mod

day and night cycling mod

DS Ale house mod,  maybe I should remove this as they may be in your mod too

Charburner pkm this is out of date  1.04 but seems to work without interference

Nordic house Pkm

IdleHeiye.pkm   I didn't add this mod nor do I know why it is in the game?  is this added by Mega Mod?  um what is it is this what is forcing my people to idle over and over at the start of the game?  I'm tired of all the time they waste at the very begining of the game  they walk way to far to idle and and some of them just stand there for ages  everyone has gone back to work but them..

they all are loaded after Mega mods though..  I'm using mega mods ver of the Colonial Charter 1.75 mod

I did finally manage the settlers with the house taking all the food immediately out of storage and killiing the rest,  I've started setting their home to demolish and after the others get to eat turn it back on..  stupid little kids copying their parent  arrgh..

Edited by Reino

@Reino  There is a list of the mods included in MegaMod that came with the download. You can also get it from the 1st post HERE.  You should make sure you aren't playing with duplicate mods such as the happiness circle and the Nordic houses.

MegaMod includes over 100 mods. Adjustments have been made so the mods work together. When you use other mods, you do so at your own risk - especially since we can't test every mod out there.  Note that if two mods affect the same code, the 1st one loaded is the one used. 

MegaMod 8 is made up of 3 .pkm files, creatively called MegaMod1, MegaMod2 and MegaMod3. If you are showing any other .pkm files, such as IdleHeiye.pkm, it isn't part of MegaMod. Perhaps it is part of the Day and Night mod? Is that made by the Idle Team?

I think your people are idling at the beginning because of issues with the DS barn not taking some items it should. That will be fixed in the next version of MM8.

No idea why you sometimes get 2 families and other times get 3. No idea why you keep getting Typhus either. You can always build a hospital and only staff it while people are sick. If you are using the same map each time, try a new one.

The Compatibility Mod is meant to be used with CC and MM versions that are not compatible with Banished 1.0.7's new flags. Using it with MM8 will not help you for the most part but it might fix the problem with the DS barn you start with.

We'll check out the problem with Industrial Coal. It may not be flagged as Industrial Fuel.

bug   They are not supposed to store  Industrail coal in there homes.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1350297598

Edited I removed all other mods but Mega Mod

Bee Hives no longer drop Honey  you can queue them up and take them out but they give nothing.

that Idle file is added from one of the mods you added to Mega Mod.  

Posted (edited)

@estherhb  I'm not using there barn I prefer the stuff from Kids mod  for storage.. um that is a little out of reach for a 2 or 3 family start that have nothing, they have all they can do to keep them selves feed and housed  in the very early game  I removed the other mods I had  no Typhus this game?   I could maybe swing the hostpital tent but I can't seem to get the required fur no idea, if that is just from trading or livestock but that too then would be much later in the game..  I think the mod that offers teh tent must have trapping of some sort but I havn't really looked yet. Wait does that barn cause issues when it is never built??

I will doulbe check that Idle file  I was sure I removed them from the game also.. no day and night cycle currently but  the two mod and the sub file are both back after I started a new game, so I assumed it came from MM  since all other mods removed? maybe I left it in the game and just unchecked it?  would that still load that mod?

Edited by Reino

14 hours ago, estherhb said:

@Mikkey When we put MM together, the mods included are pretty much "as is".  Since @Ketchup is still adjusting the growth of flowers in his mods, we are making changes accordingly.  He does read the responses we receive and takes them into consideration.  Please note that we have also received positive feedback and we try to balance the two. (BTW - I really can't tell what your picture shows - you need to zoom in a bit.)

Yes, I'm aware not all these mods are created by you but I figured you would test them as well and had a vague idea of what the spawn rate should be. It was just a question, I just kept persisting cause it didn't seem normal to me and wondered if it was supposed to happen like that or not. Guess Ketchup answered that now ;)

Sry if you took it as more of a criticism than was intended.

9 hours ago, Ketchup said:

LOL WOW !!

I Love it !!! hehe

i can say , in this type of map you really have a problem though LOL

Like every tiles is coreved by something, a grass or a flower LOL that should not happening though !!

but i love it :)

Yep, literally every free tile lol. I just started a new map (also marsh) to see if it would recreate the problem. I'm only into year 38 on that one but they slowly start spreading everywhere too now.

I guess I can ask again then, since there is no use for flowers except for perfume, would it be possible to make it work like the fodder farmer does so they only spawn within their range?

@Reino  ALL of the mods included in MegaMod are in one of the 3 MegaMod .pkm files. If you have another .pkm file showing, it is something you added or subscribed to.  I checked the Steam Workshop - in parenthesis after Idle Work Team's Day and Night mod are the word "Idle Heiye". Note that it says you must use DX11 with this mod.  Check the Steam Workshop to see if you subscribed to it.

Which Beehive/Apiary are you trying to use? I use the CC one which produces both Honey and Beeswax, but with some others, you have to choose either Honey or Beeswax (or Royal Jelly?).

Sorry - I assumed that a barn came with the start you used. Are you also building a stockpile?  You might try the Field Medic (tent) that is part of the CC Fort and Palisades mod (under Themed Sets). It only requires 10 Logs to build and has a capacity of 5.

Anything I've missed?

Posted (edited)

no the DSSV start I use  gives you nothing at the start not even a tool nor food. you must get the things done in order are die?  I found a new order today yeah.  the idle issue  is nearly breaking that start,  until I tried a drastic move..  you just get 2 families and nothing else.

when MM had the bug that caused the wagon to miss loading certian things I learned to get by without having them and when you guys got it fixed I missed those starts  as they became much to easy..

but when you added DSSV starts he has a couple I like  using.    

the beehives that spawn naturally all over the  ground  used to drop honey when you collected them for food.. they are part of the spawn in the wild food I believe or was added somehow to it.. The Field medic tent requires Fur, new to me, If I have to trade to get animals its way to far away,  if there are traps for animals I've not found them yet, but then I havn't really looked yet. if they use iron to make I'm not at that stage yet soon its steadly growing

Oh there is another tent huh I didn't know about that one in the Forts  I just found one that uses 8 leather and 3 furs and a few logs to build. it was in one of the mod in MM.  if you want I will take a pic of them in game and  you can see.

Edited by Reino
1 person likes this

Can't get a tiny map to load to save my life.  No matter which combination of terrain type and starting conditions I use, I always have to use task manager and end task. I even slept on it - still woke up to the screen loading.

Oh, and I also get a LOT of flowers. Literally every other square (or more) can be cleared as food/wild herbs every spring. Looks pretty, though :D

(

Hello, Ive been having several problems with the game, especially the runtime x64 error.  But as far as this mod itself, whenever I have the mod enable a new game will never load. I can get to the main screen of the game fine, but as i click okay to start a new game it just sits at the loading screen forever. Has anyone else had this problem?

Strawberries aren't growing well for me. I had problems with previous towns, but today's new town grew a whopping 20 strawberries on a 12x10  village crop field. I didn't bother going through the whole growing season the other times because food was a serious issue then, but this time I was looking to supply a tavern so I figured one growing season couldn't hurt. Besides, my pears will be ripe next year, lol.

9 hours ago, Mikkey said:

Yes, I'm aware not all these mods are created by you but I figured you would test them as well and had a vague idea of what the spawn rate should be. It was just a question, I just kept persisting cause it didn't seem normal to me and wondered if it was supposed to happen like that or not. Guess Ketchup answered that now ;)

Sry if you took it as more of a criticism than was intended.

Yep, literally every free tile lol. I just started a new map (also marsh) to see if it would recreate the problem. I'm only into year 38 on that one but they slowly start spreading everywhere too now.

I guess I can ask again then, since there is no use for flowers except for perfume, would it be possible to make it work like the fodder farmer does so they only spawn within their range?

the thing is , in my map setup, there is alot of forest to spawn by the Map Generator. there is lot of trees, there is copper nodes to spawns, there are wild fruits, and now i have deadwood to spawns.... so maybe in a MM setup with maybe some kind of maps where there are so few things to spawns (verdant, marsh, desert?? maybe those have that particularity to have very few things to spawn...) 

maybe the grass/flowers have to much space to expand.

7 hours ago, datette said:

Can't get a tiny map to load to save my life.  No matter which combination of terrain type and starting conditions I use, I always have to use task manager and end task. I even slept on it - still woke up to the screen loading.

Oh, and I also get a LOT of flowers. Literally every other square (or more) can be cleared as food/wild herbs every spring. Looks pretty, though :D

There is no "tiny" map in MegaMod - just Small. Are you using another mod for that?  We know the flowers are too many and are fixing that for the next release.

3 hours ago, datette said:

Strawberries aren't growing well for me. I had problems with previous towns, but today's new town grew a whopping 20 strawberries on a 12x10  village crop field. I didn't bother going through the whole growing season the other times because food was a serious issue then, but this time I was looking to supply a tavern so I figured one growing season couldn't hurt. Besides, my pears will be ripe next year, lol.

If you are using a Harsh climate, strawberries might not grow there well.  Some crops don't do well in extreme climates. The temperature chart HERE is still valid and might help. If that isn't a problem, please attach a picture of the crop field with the UI box for the field open. Thanks

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, estherhb said:

There is no "tiny" map in MegaMod - just Small. Are you using another mod for that?

Screenpics coming up! I'll have to admit to going snowless since my starts typically result in no supplies and I prefer my people don't freeze to death. Usually tropical no snow, but this time I wanted to see what I got with Perfect. They look like they grow as the field changes and strawberries appear on all of the plants (this pic was taken in Spring though, planting is too recent for that growth to show,) but when harvesting in the autumn my farmer goes through the motions with no bushels to show for it. When the occasional bushel did appear I was surprised, and this is what prompted my comment.

And yeah, I know the flower thing will be fixed, but I'll miss the masses of them surrounding, well, everything.

EDIT: When I switched to a vanilla crop field, the yield went up to 29% before harvest, and continued to increase slightly.

mods.jpg

start.jpg

strawberries.jpg

Edited by datette

Posted (edited)

I have a bug that after a brief searching I ouldn't see as being duplicate. I installed this mod on my laptop and it works great. I am loving all the slight quality of life tweaks. However, when I went to download it on my desktop, the menus cause crashes to desktop. Specifically, there are two menu buttons for luxury goods and refined goods; clicking either of these causing a runtime error and CTD. I can post pictures later if it helps, but any ideas what to try here? Using DX11 and up to date game; would really like to use this mod on my more powerful machine!

Sorry, but this is exactly my issue that I saw on another post. You can see there's two icons for some menu options, and clicking either causes CTD. I tried to redownlaod the mod several times as the previous user suggested by the conflicting menus remain.

20180401180615_1.jpg

Update: A fix for me came from a suggestion someone else had said. As I was upgrading from a previous MegaMod I had to uncheck that, exit banished, go back in and check the new megamod 8 files, exit banished, and the it all works. Cheers!

Edited by rat_*******