Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kralyerg

MegaMod 8 RC3 Discussion / Bug Reports

172 posts in this topic

Okay, I think I know why I had the crash problem earlier. Apparently my Banished didn't like me changing from one Megamod to another without first making sure no mods were active, and only after then activating the new ones.

I noticed something else though. I'm still keeping an eye on it, but the Perfumer worker seems to idle excessively, and the Perfumes the worker makes don't seem to be picked up. As said, still keeping an eye on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@rat_******* I can see that the toolbars aren't correct for MegaMod8 - RC3.  You'll need to download the most recent version of MM8.  When you check the 3 parts of that mod, exit Banished completely before going back in and starting a new game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ihmislehma said:

Okay, I think I know why I had the crash problem earlier. Apparently my Banished didn't like me changing from one Megamod to another without first making sure no mods were active, and only after then activating the new ones.

I noticed something else though. I'm still keeping an eye on it, but the Perfumer worker seems to idle excessively, and the Perfumes the worker makes don't seem to be picked up. As said, still keeping an eye on this.

After further testing, the resources produced started getting picked up. Don't know why the initial few years were not.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having trouble locating the red Barn storages. They were bright red, had two parts (main and expansion), and seemed to be in the North style.

Question: is having some of the homes, barns etc. in the Fleur De Lis and Mod Collection toolbars only a decision? Ie what I mean is that is it a concious choice (if so, I assume for decluttering the main toolbars).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bug report: Roadbound Horse fence 1x1 uses 2x1 piece at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ihmislehma said:

I'm having trouble locating the red Barn storages. They were bright red, had two parts (main and expansion), and seemed to be in the North style.

Question: is having some of the homes, barns etc. in the Fleur De Lis and Mod Collection toolbars only a decision? Ie what I mean is that is it a concious choice (if so, I assume for decluttering the main toolbars).

Check under the Mod Collections toolbar -> Kid -> Themed Mods -> Colonial production and storage buildings (5th from the left) -> Large Storage Barn and Large Barn Expansion (3rd and 2nd from the right). Not sure where you find them in the regular toolbar, I'm kinda used to the Collections now.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ihmislehma said:

Question: is having some of the homes, barns etc. in the Fleur De Lis and Mod Collection toolbars only a decision? Ie what I mean is that is it a concious choice (if so, I assume for decluttering the main toolbars).

Well, there's two issues here.

Everything that is in the Mod Collections toolbar is also in the non-Mod Collections toolbar.

Some people find it easier to find a specific building and it's related buildings based on the modder. 

The fleur-de-lis is slightly different.  There are some mods that have come as a complete set of similar buildings. So they're still in their sets. There's future plans to possibly make the Themed Sets also in the standard toolbar.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kralyerg said:

Well, there's two issues here.

Everything that is in the Mod Collections toolbar is also in the non-Mod Collections toolbar.

Some people find it easier to find a specific building and it's related buildings based on the modder. 

The fleur-de-lis is slightly different.  There are some mods that have come as a complete set of similar buildings. So they're still in their sets. There's future plans to possibly make the Themed Sets also in the standard toolbar.

That's understandable. I know some of my problems arise from that I've been using the other Megamod version for so long looking for certain things in certain places is second nature now. I personally like having both the Fleur De Lis and "normal" toolbars. For the normal toolbars, I like that you can click, say, Homes, and then choose the modder/mod package you want. To me that's the most useful. I understand that sets like Docks, Quay and others stay only in the Fleur De Lis and the Modder specific toolbars.

I will get used to this, it will just take a little bit time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Edit: found solution after all

Edited by Mikkey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2018 at 1:00 PM, Ihmislehma said:

Bug report: Roadbound Horse fence 1x1 uses 2x1 piece at the moment.

That's by design in the original mod.

There's a 1x1 version, and an "overhang" version, as F variants.  The overhang version sits on a 1x1 square, so it's still in the 1x1 button.

I can understand the confusion, but it was done on purpose like that.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kralyerg said:

That's by design in the original mod.

There's a 1x1 version, and an "overhang" version, as F variants.  The overhang version sits on a 1x1 square, so it's still in the 1x1 button.

I can understand the confusion, but it was done on purpose like that.

Haha, by design....

... more like laziness on behalf of the modder who couldn't be bothered making another template file, sprite image, string text. ;)

 

I think somewhere in my brain I have plans to properly set out the fencing menus...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Discrepancy said:

Haha, by design....

Sure, I get that. But it's closer to "by design" than "bug to be fixed". :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so you know the honey from the small hives is bugged, they don't give any during there harvest  they used to, untill just recently..  they are not part of any honey mod to my knowledge they just appear at random  in the wild growth.. I'm not using any of those mods at this time anyway..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2018 at 2:17 PM, Kralyerg said:

That's' not the CC stable, that's my standalone stable.  I probably forgot to update it for the 1.0.7 update 

So, I noticed that you didn't add this to the list of things fixed at the beginning of this thread.  Which is why I'm posting about it again.  B|

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, incredible work: I'm constantly amazed at the amount and quality of work put out by the CC team/mod-makers/moderators.  So thanks :) 

I know this has been addressed already but the flowers for me are an issue also.  The flowers look awesome but specifically, it seems like when they spawn within the forester and gatherer radiuses, they end up replacing the space where trees can grow and be planted--thus greatly reducing the trees/wild foods available for harvesting.  I can manually gather the flowers and then new trees appear to have space available. 

Would reducing the radius for the florist hut so that it corresponds with the average radius of the forester would give players more control over where flowers are left to grow vs where the player needs or doesn't want them to grow?  

I've used the Peak's Valley and Cold Mountain textures with the Appalachian forest starting condition.  

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LisaSonata said:

... The flowers look awesome but ... they end up replacing the space where trees can grow and be planted--thus greatly reducing the trees/wild foods available for harvesting. 

   

The problem with the flowers appears to be how they are spawned which results in way too many. Kralyerg has fixed this for the next release.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2018 at 7:40 PM, Reino said:

Just so you know the honey from the small hives is bugged, they don't give any during there harvest  they used to, untill just recently..  they are not part of any honey mod to my knowledge they just appear at random  in the wild growth.. I'm not using any of those mods at this time anyway..

Kralyerg explained why that can happen this way:  The wild honey has a "growth to maturity" variable set to 2, while most of the other wild foods are set to 1.  If you manually harvest an unmature resource, you don't get stuff from it. That's why foresters wait until the tree is grown to cut it down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

yeah if you harvest a little tree sprout.... you dont gat any logs. if you harvest something immature, you dont get anything.

 

i am spawning here presently cause i have a question.... ^^

i dunno, i never downloaded Megamod... but in my map, i dont have really much "flowers in forest preventing food to spawn" as stated by a couple of person. First, forest trees doesnt spawn flowers at all, it is not in their "tree spawn code" , trees can only spawn grass. The flowers can only be spawn by grass. this is why i personally dont have alot of "flowers in forest".

Dont you guys are mistaking "grass" for "flowers" ?? Grass it isnt your problem for your "forester/gatherer" problem ? LOL

because grass and flowers are 2 things very different!

Edited by Ketchup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ketchup I really don't think the flowers should automatically spawn in MM8 in large quantities.  If they can't spawn in the same quantities as wild roses, herbs, etc., there should instead be a special forester who grows flowers. That way, they would be optional. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While the flowers aren't a problem to me (I have a monster rig compared to what Banished uses), but I understand why they could be problematic to some. This picture is showing the flower coverage around a wild area I never did anything at, and you can see it's fully covered. And this is going on everywhere where I don't actively cut them.

One way to work around this could be giving the flowers a life span, much like trees have, although probably a shorter one.

20180408190942_1.jpg

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now