Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lizbot

Return to mm6

Mm8 keeps crashing on me so I've had to return to mm6. The only downside to this for me is the lose of map choices. Are there compatible mods I can put in with mm6 as those I've tried don't work?

On a random note are there bears in the game somewhere?

Cheers for the mods they're fab.😊

It shouldn't keep crashing. One reason could be that you aren't using the current version of Banished - which is 1.0.7.  The version is shown at the bottom of the main menu. Could you please verify?

There are no bears. However, Red Ketchup's Hunters Camp does contain bear meat which you may be seeing.  Note that animals are extremely difficult to mod in Banished - that's why the # is limited.

Posted (edited)

yeah if you are crashing repeatly, you need to show us you have 1.0.7 Build 170910

20180319154756_1.jpg.832b63f79de07e103e200ec5754ad17a.jpg

Edited by Ketchup

I be using 1.0.7,  so no clue. It worked well for a while but over the weekend it's been one long run of crash. I've cleared out the cache (man was there a lot of junk in there), removed all the mods then uninstalled the game. Reinstalled the game plus mm8 but no change. So deleted mm8 installed mm6 and have had no crash dumps since. 

but the build ? 170910 have some special new feature the other 1.0.7 builds has not, like  new building can require up to 6 resources.

does it go in the windata file?

what other mods do you have enabled? did you leave the compatability mod enabled and no onger need it with the MM8? this alone might cause and error.

3 minutes ago, stiles said:

what other mods do you have enabled? did you leave the compatability mod enabled and no onger need it with the MM8? this alone might cause and error.

Only had mm8 enabled

Even if, for some reason, MM8 is crashing for you, why are you going all the way back to MM6? Is there something wrong with MM7?

4 hours ago, Lizbot said:

does it go in the windata file?

of course, yes.

21 hours ago, Kralyerg said:

Even if, for some reason, MM8 is crashing for you, why are you going all the way back to MM6? Is there something wrong with MM7?

doesn't show up in the mod box on banished for some reason. didn't even think about it when i tried out mm8

guys, i appreciate all the enquiries, suggestions and help given thus far, but I am happy with mm6 just want to add some different starting conditions. Is anyone able to help me with this?

1 hour ago, Lizbot said:

@Ketchup

crashed on first use!

see, this mod is not alot big, 500ish MB but has alot of visual improvements and i dont think you cant use MM8 because it is 3-5 GB big.

it is alot more about your PC/laptop. and probably your video card. some technologies your video card cant handle probably, maybe.

maybe you should considare to upgrade your equipment some day.

1 person likes this