Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kralyerg

MegaMod 8 RC5 Discussion / Bug Reports

90 posts in this topic

Ahh I didn't realise there was an updated version of MM8...I'm still using the one I downloaded in March

I've downloaded the latest one (I believe) and will see what happens when I load up the game

Thanks

1 person likes this

It seems it was the RKEditors choice mod that was doing the damage :) shame as I rather liked that too but it doesn't seem to like MM8

3 hours ago, phyllidadavenport said:

It seems it was the RKEditors choice mod that was doing the damage :) shame as I rather liked that too but it doesn't seem to like MM8

probably depends alot of your mod order.

MM8 contains a lot of the pieces that are included in RK Editor's Choice mod. That's why you are getting duplicate buttons.  After Ed.Choice has been released for a while, may be included in MM and the duplicates will be eliminated. Until then, you may want to use it with CC 1.76 and add your favorite, non duplicate mods, to that.

How much memory is required for megamod? I usually kill the exe at 6 GB, do I need more RAM or is it a bug?

the size of your map has alot of importance. if you have very few RAM in your pc, you need to go down a lot in size.

3 hours ago, Foerdifuxx said:

How much memory is required for megamod? I usually kill the exe at 6 GB, do I need more RAM or is it a bug?

I have 16gb but an older i7 processor.  Once I get above 300 population on a very large map, the frame rate becomes intolerable.  On a large map I can get to 500 before that happens. 

1 person likes this

thats because we can get alot more trees, grass and animals moving in a very large map to compare the large one. we are providing very large map because people ask for it... but i think we shouldnt. thats not a good service to give to people ^^

Edited by Ketchup

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I mean at startup, before even starting a map. Just to run the game with the mod.

3 hours ago, Foerdifuxx said:

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I mean at startup, before even starting a map. Just to run the game with the mod.

Well, I have an i7-2600 3.4 gHz, with 16 gb of ram.  Minimized, the game takes perhaps a minute to load.  If I don't minimize it, I'm looking at minimum 5 minutes, depending on what I have loaded besides megamod.  Without mods, the game loads quite quickly.  Maybe 2 seconds for the loading screen to come up, and 10 seconds for the menu.