Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kralyerg

MM8 Discussion

66 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, Aldyto said:

Hello, could you release the tables to translate it into Spanish to everything? so then I upload it and have it all

I did, down in the translation forum.

Kralyerg, do you by chance plan to include Kid's Westward Ho set in the next release?  And, he's got an expansion to the vanilla buildings coming out soon, would you include that as well?  I mean, I know it's a never ending thing, especially with a modder as prolific as he is.  But a girl can ask!

7 hours ago, Goblin Girl said:

Kralyerg, do you by chance plan to include Kid's Westward Ho set in the next release?

Well, ideally yes, except for the fact that "the next release" was already in the process of being compiled and uploaded before you posted that question. :)

Kid is fairly consistent with providing the code I need whenever he's at a good point.  He usually waits a few days to see if theirs any bugs so he can make updates.  So, hopefully in the next next update. :D

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

hopefully, next update will contain some RK Ed code :)

i ve got yesterday the permission from Troy to pass the animal code around :) to whoever i trust :)

Edited by Ketchup
3 people like this

On 7/10/2018 at 10:09 PM, Kralyerg said:

I don't see 2 types of Oats.

Do you mean 2 different seeds, or 2 different resources in inventory?  I don't see a problem with either one, but I can look again if you tell me which one you mean.

Is this with a brand new game, or did you start it with an older version of MM?

Sorry for the delayed reply. It was two different seeds and product from traders but it may have been from an older start for sure. When I started a new map all was working right again.

will you make a standalone decorate pack?

Posted (edited)

I noticed that MM got updated to 8.01. I just have to ask, is it safe to install and use with previous games? I have never actually installed an updated version of MM where I played with a previous save game. I've always just started over. But I have a really good game going and I would hate to mess it up. So, I just need to ask before I do anything since I don't really know how it actually works. : )

Edited by LadieWinter

1 hour ago, LadieWinter said:

is it safe to install and use with previous games

Upgrading from 8.0 to 8.01 should be fine to do midgame. It was a fairly minor update.  But that won't always be the case.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I can't seem to find the hardwood forester in the overall toolbar. I can only find it under the creator categorized toolbar. MM version 8.01

TSaX9tn.jpg

cR3CIeq.jpg

ETA: I found the hardwood forester on the overall toolbar, but it is categorized under raw materials production inside of under forester like it is in the creator categorized toolbar.

Edited by LadieWinter

Posted (edited)

I would also like to report that the textures for the Inn and Garden are really messed up.

ppsx8wx.jpg

Edited by LadieWinter

I just noticed a repeat issue that apparently was resolved earlier on people getting stuck across a river after building a new bridge.  I made a wooden bridge plus a new road on that new side.  A peep crossed the river by foot and started to clear things on the other side, yelling that he was homeless and soon starving.  Thanks.

@LadieWinter Kralyerg will fix the model for the next release.  Thank you for pointing this out.  Note that the other model, which is the current CC model and is available as an F-key variant, works fine in case you need to use it.

3 hours ago, DonSmart said:

I just noticed a repeat issue that apparently was resolved earlier on people getting stuck across a river after building a new bridge.  I made a wooden bridge plus a new road on that new side.  A peep crossed the river by foot and started to clear things on the other side, yelling that he was homeless and soon starving.  Thanks.

This is something we've been aware of for some time. However, we have no idea how to fix it. The Wooden Bridge is the original vanilla bridge and it is the example used when creating all other bridges. The problem is contained in that code and appears to not be accessible to modders.   

1 person likes this

I've had several instances of a laborer getting stuck in a loop trying to put something into a barn, laying it on the ground, trying again, and so on.  In every case the barn had plenty of space, had been used before, and the resource they were attempting to put in had even been in that barn before.  I've seen this with Kid's Swamp barn, his Forest barn, and with the Viking Stock Vault.  Like I said, in all cases the barns had been working fine and then suddenly they weren't.  The first two times (Swamp and Viking) it was flax, and so I wondered if there was a new problem with the flax resource.  But just today I had the problem with blueberries and the forest barn. 

One thing all three instances had in common was that the barn was relatively close to the edge of the map.  Like, 20 tiles or so from the edge of where it is possible to build.  Could that be causing the problem?  Or is something else going on?

Thanks, Estherhb.  I worked around it by opening debug and disabled hunger and cold.  It worked in the last release though so I thought I'd re-report it.  So far, so good and so many things I'm trying.

4 hours ago, estherhb said:

@LadieWinter Kralyerg will fix the model for the next release.  Thank you for pointing this out.  Note that the other model, which is the current CC model and is available as an F-key variant, works fine in case you need to use it.

Thanks! I didn't even realize there was another model. : )

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, estherhb said:

This is something we've been aware of for some time. However, we have no idea how to fix it. The Wooden Bridge is the original vanilla bridge and it is the example used when creating all other bridges. The problem is contained in that code and appears to not be accessible to modders.   

the problem are the build_00x dummy. they need to be moved abit further and are too near of an unwalkable zone. in the 3D mesh .fbx the dummies need to be pushed a bit more toward right x+. most case an extra move of x+ 0,5 tile should enough to fix their problems

Edited by Ketchup
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I make a new game, enabled ONLY the MM mods part 1,2 and 3 in order, and my game crashes before it's off loading screen for a new game. changed the starting conditions and it loaded up, but crashed after a while when I tried going back to main menu.

Edited by Zutheena

never never go in mod window and do changes without exiting totally the game after before starting a new game.

1 person likes this