Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kralyerg

MM8 Discussion

153 posts in this topic
8 hours ago, Benmc20 said:

Anyone have tested this pack of mods with the GoG version ? I have the latest 1.07 build 170910 GoG version (same à Steam version) and can't use it because of crashes when I try to use certain buildings. I'm on Windows 7 64bits if it means something. And, just for info, the old 0.0.7 version of the MegaMod runs just fine. New game at each test of course.

Vrayna uses the GoG version of Banished and MM 8.01 works fine.  Do you have any other mods enabled? If so, what are they?  Which buildings are causing MM to crash?

11 hours ago, Ketchup said:

if then it only specific buildings it crashes ? so the modder can know ?

I can try to reinstall the 8.01 (latest downladed here) and doing some screen captures if you want.

9 hours ago, estherhb said:

Vrayna uses the GoG version of Banished and MM 8.01 works fine.  Do you have any other mods enabled? If so, what are they?  Which buildings are causing MM to crash?

The only one is "SeasonsFX" wich don't show any form of confilcts in the mod manager. Haven't tried without it though.

Seasons FX is a very old mod that hasn't been updated since Heck was a pup. Try the game without it. If it still crashes when you try certain buildings, let us know which buildings are causing crashes. :) 

Since I placed Large port to be built all my traders just pass any other trading post. Even after Large port was built or any other trading post. Any solution to fix this?

Each trading post has it's own set of merchants (I think there are different 5 vanilla ones, which are the type that visits the Large Port). Merchants don't visit more than one trading post. So, apparently your other trading posts aren't being visited by their merchants?  Did they ever get merchants?  Are they now blocked by another building that juts out into the water or a bridge?  A picture would help.

each trading post you place on the map has its exclusive set of merchants. a merchant from 1 TP cannot go in another TP. totally forbitten. the cant go.

merchants also have a wide range of time they can come or not come, (up to 2 years i think)

At year 1 or 2 I made first trading post (Allseeds , it's named something like that) 1 .

As you can see on screenshot, about year 18 I have noticed trader is not visiting my trading post anymore , before it was there like every year or every two years. About that time I placed Large port and those walls 2. I did use Terrain tool to flat a little bit of lake to place Large port(blue line on screenshot). After Large port was built and few years after every trader was just passing both my trading post (green line - river is river or trader route).

On second screenshot you can see it's year 28, I haven't made a single trade for more than 10 years. So I made 4 new trading posts and deleted two I had. 1 2 3 4 

I speed up the game and waited to see what will happen , many traders have passed by and only 1 a year stopped at trading post 4.

So what could be a reason traders wont trade on lake? Is it Terrain tool or Wall bridge!? 

I have somehow lost interest in playing on this map and planing to start new game but still would like to know what could be the main reason of this issue. Because I don't want something like this to happen in year 100 or more when there's many more stuff built.

20190430181707_1.jpg

20190430181921_1.jpg

What are the structures at the mouths of the river going in/out of the lake? I don't recognize them.

They are from 'New Medieval Castle' mod from Redketchup.

Posted (edited)

One thing I found when trade posts are not receiving is because of what under the water is like. two lakes can touch but that does not mean the trader will arrive. Your river connecting big lake seems to be made out of 4-6 smaller lakes. Sometimes I use terrain editor to cut a deep trench out from the trading post (width of the trading post) to where it connects to the boat's path. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 

I also have a feeling if you move trading post 1 to the location of your rice planter that is close by the right side(opposite side of the river from your castle walls), you may see a trader come.

One last suggestion as well, make sure to save before you edit for that WTF moment so you can reload and try again.

Edited by SoulBlythe
more words

Can't seem to be able to apply the mod. I put the first one on top, 2nd part middle and 3rd part last in the menu but still after I apply, reload the menu and it crashes turning to a black screen not doing anything else. I am on  v1.07 Build 170910. Am I doing something wrong?

turning into black screen is NOT crashing : it is loading!

need to wait. and if your pc is very slow, it can takes up to 25 mins to load.