Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

pawz

would like to swap trees back...

MM8 is lovely and  everything is working fine, but I mourn the loss of the silver birch trees and  would like to swap them back instead of what is now showing in MM8.. is that possible? I have downloaded the modkit 1.07 - is it something I can do myself??

Kralyerg has figured out how the trees were inadvertently changed. Now he needs to decide the best way to fix it.  Thanks for bringing it to his attention!

1 person likes this

oh wow!! I thought it was an intentional change, and it isn't! that has cheered me up no end - I was thinking I would have to fiddle with it myself ( fat chance of success there) or stay with 1.75 and lose out on all the other goodies.. I do hope it can be fixed........ :)

or load the old CC above the MM and try that.not sure what the give and take would be.i actually use the pine mod.

I will stay with 1.75 for now and hope that MM8 will get successfully updated when/if Kralyerg has  figured  the solution - thank you for the advice though :)

a simpler solution would be to add the CC terrain start condition modular mod above the MM.

not sure to what you  refer. I have MM 1.75 loaded and a few stand-alones - no separate CC mods. Are you saying I should download a stand-alone terrain mod? Sorry if I am being a bit dim...

yes under downloads,check for modulars. i use the frontier currently since the indian teepees are easier to build and don't require the upgrades to be used as houses. there is the terrains modular that should have the original trees in it. placed above your CC or MM will fix the issue but not affect the buildings or other CC parts. if you prefer there are other start mods that you coud try as well. some will have their own trees others will revert back to the original vanilla trees. i use NECORA's pine mod.

have you checked WOB,world of banished? there are some options over there you might like.

i too wait for more fixes.the fort parts in the modular mod need some adjusting for them to work properly.can't remember which 1 off the top of my head.

ok, I will follow your advice - gently puzzled though because the trees that got changed in the latest MM are  the 'vanilla' trees from the unmodded game - silver birch - but I will follow your advice install the latest MM again  put the terrain modular at the top and see what happens. Thank you, will report back if it is successful :)

sadly it did not work stiles. No problems swapping to MM8, put CC Terrain at top of list, ensured it was enabled in new game but still I get black-leaved trees instead of the silver birch, which I  love for their grace and seasonal colour. Disappointed :( I shall revert to 1.75 again. If you should  sometime discover  that  a solution has been found ( I cannot be the only one noticing this) I would be  pleased to hear. Thank you for your help.

PS Tried everything I can think of. CC Terrain is fine does what it says, but not in MM8. Maritime trees also  changes to  other trees - but not the  birch, and does not get on with MM8. Having no mods except MM8 does not  solve the issue, so I know it is not because of some other mod, it is just MM8... am I the only one who can see this? Surely not.. back to 1.75 (sigh) exits to sad music.. :( 

Edited by pawz
addition

The change in trees was inadvertently caused by the addition of a new mod to MM8 just before it was published. Kralyerg has fixed this issue for the next release. Unfortunately, I don't know of anyway to fix this problem until the new MM8 is released. For now, I'm using CC 1.76 with 40 or so of my favorite mods.

1 person likes this

esther I so appreciate your kindness in  keeping me informed. I  can wait until the next release. Thank you for telling me :)

1 person likes this