Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yamiilham

colonial charter error

21 posts in this topic

i play banished with colonial charter new frontier when i start new world crash the code crash is A fatal accses violation has accured in application -steam 32.exe and the game cannot continue A crash dump has been saved to E\banished\banished v.1.0.7.build.170910\crash.dmp my version colonial charter version 1.5.5 (1.0.4) 

Well, you just listed your error right there: Your Banished version is 1.0.7, and your CC version (1.5.5) was made for Banished 1.0.4. The pretty large changes in the game and modkit between 1.0.4 and 1.0.7 make a lot of the old mods crash. Even if they don't crash on start, you'd run into issues with how items are flagged and which buildings accept which kinds of items in their storage.

The current version of Banished is 1.76 and is here.

Depending on your computer, you might also want to go and manually launch the Application-x64.exe instead of the default "application" or the automatically-created shortcut.

1 person likes this

Can i ask i try colonial charter journey and my banished is  same error code and my version banished is 1.7.0 the crash when i starting banished and how to remove crash item? I dont know sorry

Have you tried switching back to DirectX9?

Keep CTRL pressed while starting the game to bring up the options first, and switch from DirectX11 to 9 and see if that helps.

Posted (edited)

when you launch banished, you can hold control and get a little menu window. inside it has an option : check : disable all mods. and then you can start the game and do your things.

Edited by Ketchup

iam using colonial charter version 1.7.5 thats recomended for 1.0.7 my version banished game?

what other mods are you using? can you run banished with no mods at all? the old CC NF should have worked as well. when you enabled the mod, did you exit completely and reoprn banished?

mod enabled,game reloads itself,then exit completely and restart the game. failing to do that will crash.

my cc NF i deleted and i change with cc journey when i using that mod the mod is crash like fata lerror steam 32 my computer is 32 bit i should download a first version colonial charter or not?

like my NMT when i using 2.0.4 cannot be used when i use 1.1 b and i using 2.0.4 and i disable NMT 1.1 b and NMT 2.0.4 my banished not crash again?

Each version of Colonial Charter contains everything and just adds more.  You definitely don't want to use the current version with an older version.  

When you add or delete mods, be sure to exit the game completely before trying to start a new game. This helps prevent crashes.

1 person likes this

The crash when i add cc journey and the massage say should restarting like another player restarting the banished when i restartimg is black screen there no arrow sign in my computer how to fix it

you know the black screen should last between 10 and 35 mins ?

5 hours ago, Ketchup said:

you know the black screen should last between 10 and 35 mins ?

This. Unless the game specifically drops you back on desktop with an error message, it hasn't actually crashed, it's just working hard on loading the mod. It can take a pretty long time on older computers. It takes a couple of minutes on my desktop, and 3 on my laptop now that it has 8GB of RAM. It used to take longer before that.

It's perfectly fine to alt-tab and do other stuff while it's loading. You can catch up on your emails or the latest gossip or simply go grab a snack and a drink to enjoy with your Banishing. :)

1 person likes this

WHAT!!!!!!! that so long  after the black screen that was massage crash fatal error in my banished game

2 hours ago, yamiilham said:

WHAT!!!!!!! that so long  after the black screen that was massage crash fatal error in my banished game

than, it is bad :(

anyone can fix that crash? or my computer is not enough memory ram my ram 4gb and my bit is 32 bit and the usable is 2.92 gb it is old computer i use it alredy 6 years :)

51 minutes ago, yamiilham said:

anyone can fix that crash? or my computer is not enough memory ram my ram 4gb and my bit is 32 bit and the usable is 2.92 gb it is old computer i use it alredy 6 years :)

thats probably your problem. but 6year is not that old, but been built cheap though. 6 years, you should have got a windows 64bits though. you are posting about colonial charter, is it really CC you try to load, and not megamod ? are you trying to use CC alone with no other mods ?

Edited by Ketchup

I'm having trouble understanding the problem you are having.  Partly, you are keeping your statements way too short and not providing enough detail. It may help for you to write out your answer in your native language, then use an on-line translator to put it into English.

Are you able to run vanilla Banished with no problem? You need to make sure you are using version 1.0.7. You can find the version at the bottom of the 1st screen when the game loads. Start a new game and save and exit to make sure there are no problems.

If that is OK, add one smaller mod. If you don't know of any, use this one that adds some small buildings to the game: HERE. When you download the mod, the file (MiniBuildings.pkm) will go into your download folder. Copy that file into your Banished > WinData folder. (Let me know if you need more help on this.)  Start Banished and go into mods and check the mod. Make sure you exit Banished completely before trying to play a game. (ALWAYS exit completely after adding or deleting mods to prevent crashes on exiting.) After you restart Banished, start a new town and try using a few of the new buildings. Save and exit the game, making sure there are no crashes.

If that works fine, you can try using Colonial Charter 1.76 available from here. Since it doesn't include the mini buildings, you don't need to delete that mod.  Note that CC 1.76 is really big, so it could take several minutes to load - all you'll get is a black screen. You will need to start a new map. Some people find that switching to DX 11 makes it load faster; others find DX 9 is better (because DX 11 causes crashes for them).

If CC 1.76 is too large to run on your computer, you may be able to use several small mods instead. Let us know and we can help you choose some that will make Banished even better than the vanilla version.