Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BuildHappy

Happy town with Happy folks

How do you get that elusive last half-heart or half-star, to achieve perfect health and happiness?

I'm on my usual roll, playing nice easy spacious agricultural cities. working up to 750-1000 folks with TONS of food and supplies, getting my layouts just right, then moving on to the next map.

Rectic (weird name - maybe too close to rectum) was up to ~550 folks, with 44444 foods (symmetry is also very pleasing to me) when I realized all that was left to do was grow. Except that last bit of heart or star....

Rectic has parks, bars, libraries, hospitals, cemeteries, statues, plenty of trees, flowers and deco, fully fed, educated and clothed folks, variety of menu, leisure, occupation, well maintained roads, plenty of storage, healthy trade, etc.

i have given them utopia, so why the hell aren't they perfectly healthy and happy?

:)

2018-07-07 12_27_11-Application-steam-x64 2018-07-06 21-03-42-184.jpg - Windows Photo Viewer.jpg

You might be able to increase Health by building in-town herbalists that are easier for people to visit. (I'm assuming they already get all 4 food groups.)  For happiness, you'll need more buildings with happiness such as wells, churches, bakeries, civic buildings, etc. Helps to have the happiness and unhappiness radius mods (included with MegaMod).  You especially need happiness buildings near any place that causes unhappiness (such mines, quarries and those spewing smoke).  I'm surprised that you don't have any students - no schools? (You do know that uneducated workers produce less?) I know that older people become more unhappy not sure about uneducated ones.

Buildings like mines reduce happiness, so it's possible that people working there drop a star while at work. You can try building wells around the quarries/mines/heavy industry types of buildings. It might keep people from getting unhappy at work and allow you to reach that global 5 star.

It's also entirely possible that you have that one grumpy person in your town whose (buggy) happiness never updates and stays stuck on 1 or 2 stars, whatever you do. In that case you'll have to wait for him/her to die.