Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gilles Therron

Where are bricks stored?

Hey guys, 

My Brick works puts its bricks on empty spots near the brickworks, but not on any storage facility.

The only storage to take in bricks is the Medieval Canal Dock.

What facility to put near the brickworks to store my bricks?

6 answers to this question

In Colonial Charter 1.76 and MegaMod 8.01, bricks are stored in regular and construction stockpiles since they are considered Construction materials. Red Ketchup's Editor's Choice mod also stores bricks in stockpiles (but I don't know if they use the Construction flag too). If that isn't happening, then you may be using a version of CC or MM that is out of date or another mod that is not compatible.  Also, make sure you are using Banished version 1.0.7 build 170910.

bricks is construction

you say the bricks are stored at the canal dock. is that the older NMT mod or the new RK CHOICE mod? that will decide which flag they are being made and stored under. if you are using the older NMT medeival mod than you need to use the CC compatability 1.07 mod. this mod bridges the flag changes so bricks can be used between the 1.06 mods and 1.07 mods.failing to do this means these bricks willnot work for CC construction either.the other option would be to replace the older NMT mod with the upgraded canal or RK CHOICE mods.

IF you are already using the RK CHOICE then you should be storing bricks in a general pile. the original start pile or any placed GENERAL piles.as RED pointed out you also have a construction pile option.the RK has some specail markets with it as well. with this mod, you do not need the NMT canal mod.canals are included with the RK CHOICE.

note: many markets only store materials that the bannies themselves use, such as food,tools,clothing,and firewood. this is done to stop these odd flagged items from being stored everywhere.

Thanks for the answers.

I'm using MM 0.07 ver 7 (1.0.6) as I'm temporarily on a laptop and MM 8.01 didn't load.

NMT3.1 ver 3 (1.0.7B)

Guess this is the problem. Well as long as the bricks are used by the Building Supplier it's ok. Haven't tried to use bricks anywhere else yet.

About the storage in markets.. Yes. They store all kinds of stuff... Ah, well... hope MM 8.01 is more balanced in this. For now I have to cope with it.

Posted (edited)

yeah you need the compatibility mod being placed on top of your old MM 0.07

Edited by Ketchup

you might have 2 types of bricks. depending on which mod makes them.good that they work for the building supplier,then they will for CC construction. you should have at least loaded REDs tradingpost fix.you might get crashes due to merchants from 1.06 mods.  http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1638.msg32035#msg32035

you can use CC storage barns for some materials. the new flags do tidy the storage up.if  you  load smaller mods, the laptop will handle them better. the large mods use a lot more memory space.

make sure you check the build # on your game before adding many 1.07 mods. there was a beta and a final cut version and those #'s are different.