Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Artfactial

Very Large Map size scale?

I am planning to make a height map of my current map and import it into Cities Skylines to continue the town into modern times.
I kind of have a conversion scale: Banished tiles= 2x2m, Cities tiles=8x8m: C=B*4

Now, to make things slightly easier (and to somehow make up for the large pieces of land that will fall out of the original Banished map borders:
I need the size in amount of tiles for the CC Very Large map, and could find them. Does anyone know?

1 person likes this

There is 1 line in the map generation code to tell it how big the map is.

"int _mapSize = 128;"

I assume that the number is the number of tiles across, but I've never actually verified it.  Just for future reference, so everyone knows:

Tiny = 128

Small = 256

Medium = 384

Large = 512

Very Large = 640

2 people like this

On 5/29/2019 at 5:50 AM, Artfactial said:

I am planning to make a height map of my current map and import it into Cities Skylines to continue the town into modern times.

LOL, I love both these games! I would also love to subscribe to this map you're making, if you share the map or a save game on the Cities Skylines workshop (or at SKYMODS http://smods.ru/ if you don't like steam)

Show us how it turned out?