Welcome to Black Liquid Software

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ShockPuppet

Xmas Challenge 2016: 2 Games to Give-away

39 posts in this topic

xmas2016.jpg

Games give-away! (Steam Keys) CLOSED

WINNERS ANNOUNCED, SEE HERE: (Link)

We have a copy of both Dungeons 2 and Infinifactory to give away!

You can win one game.

First prize choose which game, 2nd prize gets the other :) 

Dungeons 2:

264410.jpg

Dungeons 2 is an underground base building strategy game where you play as an evil lord.

Infinifactory:

maxresdefault.jpg

Infinifactory is a sandbox puzzle game by Zachtronics. Build factories that assemble products for your alien overlords, and try not to die in the process.

About Christmas Challenge 2016

How to Enter:

In order to enter, simply add to the Christmas Challenge 2016 image album in the gallery with up to 3 images showing a banished town using a Very Harsh Climate OR Arid Climate. Town must have reached 100 population.

Challenge Conditions:

• Very Harsh or Arid climate
  • 100 population sustained
  • Each image uploaded counts as 1 entry. Enter up to 3 times.

Winner will be drawn before Christmas.

Good Luck!

:)

3 people like this

On 27.11.2016 at 0:39 AM, PredatorBeing said:

Congratulations Paeng! :D 

Hahaha... thanks for your confidence!

But I'm not into competition right now... so, fire away! xD

3 people like this

Literally at this point if anyone uploaded a picture of any town at all that barely hit 100 people there would be a free game going their way.

2 people like this

4 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

Literally at this point if anyone uploaded a picture of any town at all that barely hit 100 people there would be a free game going their way.

I'd feel bad about winning, because maybe other members might like them more?

Hopefully, more people will see this and enter before Christmas actually happens.

2 people like this

15 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

Are you allowed to use MegaMod? Your post just says a Banished town

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, Vaypah Gaming said:

Are you allowed to use MegaMod? Your post just says a Banished town

MM or CC

3 people like this

6 hours ago, ShockPuppet said:

MM or CC

Excellent.. I best get making a town :-)

3 people like this

I haven't played either of those two climates yet, so I guess I'll give it a whirl.   Game On!!

4 people like this

I see someone has already posted (Cairon)  so not gonna bother upsetting my town Osgood any further by trying to start a new map.

Maybe I can catch the next Challenge :)

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, rejectedegg said:

I see someone has already posted

Just one... so you'll let them run unchallenged? Hrmphhh... :ph34r:

2 people like this

Started to yesterday, and it was disastrous. >:(Said, "The hell with it, I'm starting over". I am not going to Debug! Wish their was an option to disable it when selecting start conditions to remove that evil temptation. Debug is the devil! Sinners!!  ..but not really.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, PredatorBeing said:

that evil temptation

LOL... easily tempted, huh? :D

Just disable it in your modlist, at least you won't have the icon under your nose all the time ;)

But really, debug (mod) is a must (for me)... be it quick testing of mods, beta testing, trying complicated layouts (then return to an earlier save), or a late-game decoration pass before screenshotting, or or or...

Actually I know only one mod that explicitly prevents debug, and I hate it... to a point where it is a game-breaker (again, for me). Worse because it's a wonderful mod :)

4 people like this

2 minutes ago, Paeng said:

LOL... easily tempted, huh? :D

Just disable it in your modlist, at least you won't have the icon under your nose all the time ;)

Not in my mod list unfortunately, using MM.

3 people like this

15 hours ago, Paeng said:

Actually I know only one mod that explicitly prevents debug, and I hate it... to a point where it is a game-breaker (again, for me). Worse because it's a wonderful mod :)

I agree with you on this. It has even made it hard to test DSSV's compatibility with it :( and it is a shame, because it is a wonderful mod, stunningly beautiful.

3 people like this

What mod is this that prevents debug?

2 people like this

the north, by making a copy of the dialog/help.rsc file and renaming it debug.rsc - I think.

I have tried making a debug mod to counteract it for mod testing, but because we don't have access to the original debug.rsc I can't do it.

2 people like this

Hm. That seems like a strange thing to do.

2 people like this

29 minutes ago, Kralyerg said:

Hm. That seems like a strange thing to do.

Well, that mod is rather demanding in many aspects, actually you need to "un-learn" most of what you know about Banished, so he wants to keep cheaters from just debugging through the game... however, serious (read: passionate) players have learned the new stuff after 2 or 3 play-throughs, and then that restriction becomes a bother... or forces you to just play a beta instead (where debug is not disabled)... So yeah - I can understand and even respect the reasoning behind it, but it quickly kills immersion... after all, seasoned players may debug certain things in a running game, but never to artificially advance their progress.

3 people like this

Just tried out that mod "The North". Very nice, love the herds of reindeer and the grass. Tried Survival on harsh, you got to be kidding me. Got purrty pics out of it though. Some reindeer shots for the Christmas thread. 

Screenshot3_zpsvkmgtprv.png

Screenshot1_zpssy2xnwu9.png

3 people like this